The fryer should never be missing at home because it allows you to prepare crispy fries in a short time and without dirtying the kitchen. On the market, there are many types of domestic fryers, from the classic oil ones to the air ones. Let’s see which are the best fryers of the moment and how to choose the one that best suits our needs.
Potato chips, chicken, fish or vegetables. These are just some of the foods that, if fried, acquire a new taste and are eaten even more willingly. Frying, however, must be done professionally because otherwise, it is easy for it to be poorly digestible and unhealthy.
That’s why choosing a high-quality fryer is essential, and that’s why we made this guide in which we highlighted all the aspects to consider before opening the purse strings and buying one of these appliances.
- Fry Fish And Chips At The Same Time. Our cool-touch, stainless steel Deep Fryer comes with 3 fry baskets--one jumbo for big batches of finger-licking' fried chicken or donuts, plus 2 side-by-side baskets for smaller batches of fish-n-chips, fries-n-onion rings, or for frying foods with different cook times.
- 1700 watt immersion element preheats and recovers oil temperature fast.
- 4.0-liter removable oil tank for easy clean-ups, extra set of odor filters.
- Included Components: 1 Stainless Mesh Basket, Fryer Unit
- Included Components: Cooking Appliances;Deep Fryers;Deep-Fryers
- Fabric Type: Plastic, Metal
- Includes 2 2-quart frying baskets and 1 large 4 quart frying basket. Cord length : 36 Inches
- One 4 quart enamel removable inner pot
- Adjustable temperature settings and timer knob
- 3.7 liter (15-cup) capacity with removable, dishwasher safe fry pot
- 1500 watts of cooking power for fast oil recovery
- Immersion heating element for crispier food
- 3.5-quart or 14 cup total capacity which allows you to fry up to 2.5 lbs. of food per batch
- Fully immersible heating element for extra crispy results and temperature control knob heats up to 375°F
- Separate power and ready indicator lights to let you know when oil is ready as well as timer knob up to 30-minutes
- The first air fryer with 2 independent baskets that lets you cook 2 foods, 2 ways, at the same time, not back to back like a traditional single-basket air fryer
- DualZone Technology features Smart Finish feature for cooking 2 foods 2 ways that finish at the same time, and a Match Cook button to easily copy settings across zones for full 8-qt capacity
- 6 customizable programs: Air Fry, Air Broil, Roast, Bake, Reheat, and Dehydrate
- Oblong-shaped basket is ideal for frying large pieces of chicken or fish
- Select from a variety of frying temperatures with the adjustable thermostat
- Signal light indicates when the oil is ready for frying
- Basic black bucket-style countertop electric deep fryer
- Heavy-duty cast aluminum with nonstick finish; skid-resistant rubber feet
- 1500 Watts; keeps oil at optimum temperature automatically.Maximum Heating Temperature (Fahrenheit):375
- 19 cups/ 4. 7 quarts oil capacity: large oil capacity cooks up to 12 cups of favorite fried foods at 1 time.
- Less mess splatter free frying: use vented lid while frying to avoid splatters with this professional style deep fryer. Watch cooking through the view window in lid. Basket with hook for easy, mess free draining.
- 2 chrome plated baskets: This professional style deep fryer includes 2 half size chrome plated baskets with hooks for easy draining to cook 2 foods at one time.
- Professional deep fryer with basket fits a large family size capacity 4.5 L. of oil and 2.6 Lbs. of food
- 3 frying baskets: 1 large for big batches and 2 smaller for frying 2 different foods simultaneously
- 4 preset functions automatically adjust time and temperature for foolproof results
Best Home Deep Fryers Buyer Guide
Frequency of use, number of family members and available space. These are the three aspects to consider before choosing a deep fryer, in particular, to evaluate its size. In general, a capacity of the basket under the litre makes the appliance suitable for obtaining fried food for two people, the standard size is the two-litre one, for groups of four people.
The design is not only an aspect related to aesthetics but also the features offered and the dimensions. Carefully evaluate the frequency of use, and above all the space you have in the kitchen. Then choose a model that has a transparent lid or in any case a window that allows you to keep an eye on the state of the frying, to intervene promptly if there is any problem.
The engine is another aspect to worry about since, on the market, all the fryers of the best brands offer powers that vary between 1,000 and 2,200 watts.
The most obvious choice may seem to be to opt for the more powerful one, because it contributes to heating the oil faster but, on the other hand, a less “pushed” model allows you to save on the consumption of your electricity bill.
With or Without Oil?
The most common models of fryers involve the use of oil, with different quantities depending on the type and food to be fried. There are two deep fryers: the traditional ones and those with a rotating basket, which excessive oil, to the advantage of the consistency of the fried food (which is drier) and health.
Even more healthy are the air fryers, capable of producing quality fried food without the need to use oil or at most a minimal quantity, equivalent to a coffee spoon. Compare the prices and performance of these fryers, and you will find that you will have to spend a little more to buy one.
The result, in terms of consistency and crispness of the fried food, is of a reasonable level, while the taste is in any case not comparable to that obtained with traditional models. However, it is the perfect model for those who have to limit the intake of too fatty foods but do not want to give up the pleasure of fried food from time to time.
Ease of Use
When using a deep fryer, the typical smell of this process will inevitably spread in the environment. This is a logical consequence, but fortunately, the technological evolution is making great strides also in this sense.
In your research, which we hope to make easier thanks to our ranking with reviews of what we believe to be the five best fryers for sale online, opt for a model that has an odour filter, better if removable so that it is easier to clean.
Here’s a video guide to choose the right deep fryer.
The same goes for the internal tray, which must be made of non-stick materials, resistant to high temperatures and which must be easily removed, to be able to clean it after each use. In this way, you will minimize the smells and the possibility that the previous fries leave an unpleasant aftertaste on the last one.
Whatever the type of fryer chosen, it is essential to observe its structure carefully. The most crucial structural element is the internal capacity of the fryer, on which the quantity of food that can be cooked at one time depends. It is usually expressed in litres and indicates how much oil is needed to fill the fryer, but in some cases.
It can also be shown in grams or kilos. Keep in mind, however, that the kilos capacity will not tell you how much food enters the fryer, because it all depends on the volume of the food (for example, a kilo of chips is less bulky than a kilo of chicken wings).
The small fryers have a capacity of 1 / 1.5 liters and are suitable for singles, couples or low families of up to three people.
The fryers medium has a capacity of 2 / 2.5 liters and are ideal for families of 4-6 people. The large fryers have a capacity of 3-4 liters and are perfect for cooking up to 8 portions simultaneously.
A function that should never be missing in a good fryer is the adjustable temperature with a thermostat. Not all foods must be cooked at the same temperature.
Other useful functions are the timer, the opening button (for fryers with lid), the warning lights that indicate when the oil has reached the set temperature and the on/off switch. Air fryers also have pre-set cooking programs for frying, grilling and roasting different types of food.
Power and Consumption
As with all household appliances, it is also essential for the deep fryer to take into account the power, which is indicated in watts. The power consumption and the speed with which the appliance heats up depending on the force.