The choice of electrical support with which to take care of plants and dry branches brings with it the awareness of correct use of the power tool in question. We have collected some notes and indications to help the user make the most of such help.
Curious to know which, in our opinion, are the best pruning shears? All you have to do is read our purchase tips organized according to a ranking.
Here we had selected the best pruning shears that are present below.
- GARDENING ESSENTIAL: Steel blade plant shears ideal for a variety of pruning tasks like cutting flower stems, maintaining your herb garden, and more to encourage overall plant health and appearance
- MAXIMUM POWER AND PRECISION: Low-friction blade coating makes smooth cuts, reduces gumming, and enhances rust resistance; Self-cleaning sap groove keeps blades from sticking and non-slip grip handle and easy-open lock allows for more control of clippers
- LONG-LASTING AND RELIABLE: Steel blades stay sharp through heavy use and provide excellent durability for lasting value; Fiskars pruning shears and tools are built to last
- ULTRA SHARP BLADES: The blades of pruning shears are made of stainless steel, sharp, rust and corrosion-resistant. With these miniature tip blades, you can easily cut between plants to get the part you want without damaging the other important stems and branches of the plant.
- SECURE & EASY TO LOCK: These garden shears have a safety locking mechanism to keep the sharp blades safely closed when not in use. And the closing mechanism is strong enough that you don't have to worry about the plant garden shears getting accidentally locked during use. It is easy to operate and can effectively reduce accidental injuries.
- ERGONOMICALLY DESIGNED RUBBER GRIP: Our pruning shears have non-slip and ergonomic handles that make garden clippers more comfortable in your hands. High-quality spring help you push the blades automatically, so you can cut easily and reducing hand fatigue.
- ✅ ULTRA SHARP - Much less effort to cut branches with our pruning shears. Crafted from premium SK5 steel with titanium coating, our garden scissors and garden clippers boast exceptional durability and sharpness. A perfect pruning shears for gardening and a must-have garden tool, hedge clippers pruners for gardening
- ✅ RUST PROOF TITANIUM COATED GARDENING SHEARS - Our branch cutter tree pruner is built to last.
- ✅ SENIORS AND ARTHRITIS FRIENDLY - pruners for gardening have comfortable handles that are easy to grip. With a non-slip texture for enhanced control, you can confidently prune in wet conditions. You can work longer without any hand fatigue.
- Drop forged body and handles, quality blade made of high carbon steel with Ultra-fine Polishing Technology.
- Ideal for deadheading, trimming, shaping on tree, roses, annuals, vegetable, flower gardens, bonsai and other plants.
- Ergonomically designed non-slip handles are strong,lightweight,and comfortable.
- Reduce Hand Strain: These micro tip snips are made to reduces hand fatigue which makes them great for those with arthritis, carpal tunnel, hand or wrist issues; Comfortable “grip” handles will make it easy to work for long-time use without making you feel hand pain
- Ultra Sharp Blades: These quality snips come with stainless steel precision-sharpened blades and are ready to tackle all of your deadheading, trimming, and shaping jobs for your roses, annuals, vegetable, bonsai and small-flower gardens
- Secure, Easy to Lock: These micro tip snips feature a safe and secure sideways locking mechanism that keeps your blades protected and closed when not in use; The design of these pruning snips are perfect to use whether you are right or left handed with ease
- GARDENING ESSENTIAL: Steel blade micro-tip plant shears with sheath ideal for pruning flowers, herbs, and more to encourage overall lawn and garden health
- MAXIMUM POWER AND PRECISION: Micro-tip precise blades cut all the way to the tip for clean, healthy cuts on plants in tight spaces; Easy Action spring design gently opens blades after each cut to help reduce fatigue
- LONG-LASTING AND RELIABLE: Non-stick blade coating helps reduce jamming; Steel blades stay sharp through heavy use and provide excellent durability for lasting value; Fiskars pruning shears and tools are built to last
- 【Make Pruning Work Easier】Rust-resistant stainless steel blade are sharp and durable for easy and smooth cut.Anti-slip and ergonomic handle make the gardener clippers more comfortable in your hand.Easy-open spring action reduces hand fatigue while cutting. you can easily to cut without damaging the vital stems and branches of your plants.
- 【User-friendly Safety Lock】These garden shears have locking mechanisms to keep the sharp blades securely closed when not in use.It is easy to maneuver and can effectively reduce accidental injuries. And the closing mechanism is firmly enough, you don’t need to worry the plant pruning shears will get locked accidentally during use.
- 【Garden Gloves for Hand Protection】One size fits most. This Gardening gloves,made of soft & comfortable cotton fabric,can protect yourself from dirt, skin wounds and nasty splinters when doing yard chores. The grip latex coating provides anti-slip or sure control when grabbing garden & yard tools.
- SECURE & EASY TO LOCK: Our garden shears have a safety locking mechanism to keep the sharp blades securely closed when not in use, and can effectively reduce accidental injuries. It's a perfect design.
- WIDELY USED: Our pruning shears set include 3 different blades for a variety of general pruning work. Perfect for trimming flowers, plants, bonsai, hydroponics, herbs, light branches and so on. It's also a perfect gift for freind.
- ERGONOMICALLY DESIGNED RUBBER GRIP: Our pruning shears are made of high-purity PP+TPR plastic, has strong toughness and strength. The handle part is ergonomic in design and non-slip.
- MAXFORGEDTM STEEL: Corona's forging process compacts steel molecules into our strongest, most durable tools that stay sharper longer
- DUAL ARC BYPASS BLADE efficiently cuts green or dry branches and stems
- HAND-MATCHED HOOK AND BLADE: Slant-ground, narrow-profile hook and blade are matched by hand to ensure precise, close cuts
- The blades of the pruning scissors are made of high-quality stainless steel, heat-treated as a whole, with high hardness,good toughness, and sharp cutting;
- The premium plant shears only 3.5 ounces, Is comfortable to hold and flexible in operation, the handle is about 3.15 Inches long;
- Garden scissors an ergonomically designed curved grip, which can reduce the pressure on your hands.for Plant and Flower, It can easily help you finish the pruning of plant branches;
- Reduce hand strain: Ergonomic rubber grips are great for those with arthritis, carpal tunnel, hand or wrist issues to work without discomfort. Easily cut with one-hand. Spring-loaded snips ensure to automatically open which greatly reduces hand fatigue.
- Safe & easy to use: These micro tip snips feature a safe and secure sideways locking mechanism that keeps your blades protected and closed when not in use. The design of the handle is perfect to use whether you are right or left handed with ease.
- Ultra-sharp blades & more precise cuts: Hand pruner comes with stainless steel precision-sharpened blades is ideal for trimming, shaping and other quick snips on small plants even the most minute, superfluous branches without damaging vital stems.
- 8-Inch Gardening Shears With Ergonomically Designed Non-Slip Handles, Strong, Lightweight, And Comfortable
- Quality Pruning Shears Come With Precision-Sharpened Blades Ideal For Cutting Stems And Light Branches
- Safe And Secure Sideways Locking Mechanism That Keeps Your Blades Protected And Closed When Not In Use
Buying Guide to Select the Best Pruning Shears
Pruning is an operation that must be done periodically, but in order to understand how to choose an excellent pruning shear, one must first question the amount of work to be supported.
Why do we say this? Because such a power tool can be professional or not. Clearly, professional scissors have a far greater cost than that for occasional use, and we are even talking about thousands of euros.
But do not be frightened because there is no shortage of the most reasonable offers on the market as you will be able to see later when we present the articles we have selected and provided links that will suggest where to buy the best pruning shears.
The Weight and The Handle
When asking yourself which electric pruning shears to buy, consider two essential characteristics. When you do a job, whatever it is, you have to be able to do it with a certain comfort.
The effort to be made must be minimal, therefore take into account the elements that affect, that is, the weight of the tool and its ergonomics.
For obvious reasons, an electric scissor weighs more than a common one; for the same performance and possibly cost, prefer the lighter one but also the one that holds the best.
The cutting force must be sufficient to cut the branches effortlessly, check this data in the specifications before spending your money and if you want to be on the safe side, trust the best brand on the market.
The Quality of The Materials
Compare several models and test the quality of the materials. Plastics must be solid. Remember that while working, it can always happen that the scissor falls to the ground.
If the materials are good, they will hardly be damaged. It is useless to underline how important it is that the blades are well made and well sharpened, also because when pruning a branch, it is essential that it is cut cleanly, without burrs.
Also check the autonomy of the battery and the charging times, if too long compared to the duration of the charge, perhaps the purchase is not worth it. However, we specify that this must be part of a general evaluation where all the pros and cons are taken into account.
Good Cutting Power
It is not always easy to cut branches, even if they are not particularly thick, and therefore the use of simple shears can require more strength than it actually has. How to solve the problem? With the Bosch EasyPrune model that has assisted cutting.
What is meant by assisted cutting? That the integrated motor increases strength when it encounters resistance. All you have to do is accompany the pressure exerted with your hand. Can you cut any branch? Let’s not exaggerate: the limit is 25 mm in diameter.
Let’s talk for a moment about the Power Assist function. As you know, everyone can exert a different force: thanks to this solution, you can determine the level of cutting assistance. More precisely, the selectable levels are three: reduced, medium, and high.
This shear guarantees ample freedom of movement since, being battery-powered, it does not require the use of cables except for the micro USB cable to recharge the tool.
But we believe it is essential to ask how much autonomy is. According to the manufacturer, up to 450 cuts can be made once the refill is finished considering the maximum diameter of 25 mm.
Now, it will not be suitable for professional and intensive use, but for the home garden, you should have no problem getting the job done.
As for the quality of the cut, very important for pruning, it is smooth and clean. The credit goes to the stainless steel blades, which, if necessary, can be easily replaced.
A Little Big
Although the grip of the shears is ergonomic, we must acknowledge it, they are probably too large and those with small hands, especially in the case of women, may have some difficulties.
In addition, the shears are not very light (close to half a kilo), and this detail could also be a source of discontent among buyers.
We can say that the negative aspects end here. For the rest, we can only speak well as for the materials that are good. We are not just talking about the blades but the whole tool, which seems to be very solid and certainly reliable.
How to Use Pruning Shears?
Check the Surrounding Area
Before starting to work and once the scissors are connected, it is good to free the area from any objects that can hinder operations.
Doing so leaves room for the cable, and cleaning and cutting can take place in peace.
Check the Connections
Make sure that the plug is inserted deeply into the socket, with a proper clearance between the cable and the tool that respects the distances and allows you to work without straining the line too much.
Check the Autonomy
In models with batteries, freedom of movement is sometimes paid for with continuous control of the power left. If you have an electric scissor of this type.
We suggest you have a spare battery or to focus your attention on the display so that you can end operations on one area before moving on to another.
Adjust the Cut
Depending on the type of branches and age, each plant has greater or lesser resistance to cutting operations.
First, check on a small part if the settings and settings are correct. In this way, you will optimize the work respecting the plant.
Get Familiar with The Scissors
Unlike classic manual models, an electric instrument returns less physical feedback at the time of operations.
The advice we feel to give you is, therefore, to proceed with progression, understanding, and knowledge through practice the profile of your tool, adapting the pruning style as you become more familiar.
Don’t Strain the Scissors.
The working mechanism of the scissors is based on a delicate mechanical device. In the case of cuts that are not perfect and need more power.
The advise we give you is to respect the times and methods of the machine, not insisting too much on pain of the risk of breakage.
Place the Scissors at The End of The Work
Once the pruning is finished, it is good to turn off the device and carefully clean the blade, removing residues such as filaments or resin that.
In the long run, can deteriorate the edge. Close everything in a package and in a dry place.
Do Not Use the Scissors for Anything Else
To anyone wishing to use scissors to cut paper or anything other than plants, we would advise against this practice, disrespectful of the philosophy and design that underlie the object.