The choice of electrical support with which to take care of plants and dry branches brings with it the awareness of correct use of the power tool in question. We have collected some notes and indications to help the user make the most of such help.
Curious to know which, in our opinion, are the best pruning shears? All you have to do is read our purchase tips organized according to a ranking.
Here we had selected the best pruning shears that are present below.
- 8-Inch Gardening Shears With Ergonomically Designed Non-Slip Handles, Strong, Lightweight, And Comfortable
- Quality Pruning Shears Come With Precision-Sharpened Blades Ideal For Cutting Stems And Light Branches
- Safe And Secure Sideways Locking Mechanism That Keeps Your Blades Protected And Closed When Not In Use
- Ideal for cutting stems and light branches. Easy-open lock protects the blade during transport and storage
- Fully hardened, precision-ground steel blade stays sharp, even through heavy use
- Low-friction coating helps blade glide through wood, prevents the blades from gumming up with sap and debris and helps the blades resist rust
- REDUCE HAND STRAIN: These micro tip snips are built spring-loaded so that they automatically push themselves open without you having to do the work which greatly reduces hand fatigue making these snips great for those with arthritis, carpal tunnel, hand or wrist issues. Comfort Grip handles will make it easy to work for long periods of time without discomfort
- ULTRA SHARP BLADES: These quality snips come with stainless steel precision-sharpened blades and are ready to tackle all of your deadheading, trimming, and shaping needs for your roses, annuals, vegetable, bonsai and small flower gardens
- SECURE, EASY TO OPERATE LOCK: These micro tip snips feature a safe and secure sideways locking mechanism that keeps your blades protected and closed when not in use. The design of these pruning snips are perfect to use whether you are right or left handed with ease
- Drop forged body and handles.
- Quality blade made of Premium Titanium steel with Ultra-fine Polishing Technology.
- Ergonomically designed non-slip handles are strong,lightweight,and comfortable.
- The ergonomic handle design is heavy-duty, comfortable, and lightweight. It can reduce stress on your wrist and fits for the small or big hands to ensure maximum cutting comfort and no-slip grip.
- The handle part of the pruning shears made by high-purity PP+TPR plastic, especially the handgrip is very comfortable but also has strong toughness and strength.
- The blade has been sanded to deter tarnish and rust, it's all matched easy-to-use safety lock. The buckle of the bypass pruning shears would also help adjust the blades angle too.
- [High quality garden shears] Rust-resistant stainless steel blade are sharp and durable for easy and smooth cut，They are used for gardening and greening, pruning branches and fruit picking.
- [Convenient and practical] The pruning shears are suitable for cutting stems and light branches with a diameter of 1/2 inch. cut without damaging the vital stems and branches of your plants.hand.Easy-open spring action reduces hand fatigue while cutting.
- [Security Mechanism] Easy-to-operate locking mechanism keeps the scissors closed when not in use use safer.
- Durability - No more broken blades, spring popping, screw loose, pruning shears that cannot last more than several uses; one thumb press safety lock for storage when done
- Comfort for all hand sizes - Lightweight and comfortable, great for long hours of pruning without hurting your hands; secured by the ergonomic non slip PVC grip
- Sharp cuts - Ultra sharp durable blades made from SK-5 Japanese steel to give you more control and accurate clean cut
- PAIN-FREE PRUNING – Don’t let your aching joints and weak digits stop you from pruning away dead branches, overgrowth, or unsightly weeds! The ratcheting mechanism in the ratcheting utility shears by MLTools increases the force applied in cutting, thus saving you both time and energy while pruning your plants!
- EFFORTLESS TO USE – Made especially for weak hands or thick branches, these ratcheting pruning shears/ hand shears (ratcheting) have a sharp blade that will easily slice through the branches, thick stems, dense twigs, and shrubs like a charm – BEST ratchet pruning shears for weak hands!
- ERGONOMIC PRUNING SHEARS – These pruning shears (heavy-duty) or ratcheting bypass pruning shears have a carefully designed handle that not only offer a firm slip-proof grip but also a soft texture that contour to the shape of your hands for a snug fit, proving comfortable to use.
- 🥦Professional Garden Tools: This Pruning shears set includes a 8" bypass hand pruner and a 8'' gardening pruner tools. Two shears are drop forged for strength and their heads are both made of #55 carbon steel, sharp enough for most pruning projects.
- 🥦Take Care of Your Plants: Made of high quality steel blade, the shears are sharp and durable. The precision-sharpened blades help you with pruning and trimming at home or in the garden without hurting the plants. Tips: wipe the blades up after use and keep them in dry environment to avoid getting rusty.
- 🥦Make Pruning Work Easier: The anti-slip and ergonomic handle make the clippers more comfortable in your hand, and the high-quality spring help you push the blades automatically, reduces hand fatigue while each cut.
- Drop forged body and handles, quality blade made of high carbon steel with Ultra-fine Polishing Technology.
- Ideal for deadheading, trimming, shaping on tree, roses, annuals, vegetable, flower gardens, bonsai and other plants.
- Ergonomically designed non-slip handles are strong,lightweight,and comfortable.
Buying Guide to Select the Best Pruning Shears
Pruning is an operation that must be done periodically, but in order to understand how to choose an excellent pruning shear, one must first question the amount of work to be supported.
Why do we say this? Because such a power tool can be professional or not. Clearly, professional scissors have a far greater cost than that for occasional use, and we are even talking about thousands of euros.
But do not be frightened because there is no shortage of the most reasonable offers on the market as you will be able to see later when we present the articles we have selected and provided links that will suggest where to buy the best pruning shears.
The Weight and The Handle
When asking yourself which electric pruning shears to buy, consider two essential characteristics. When you do a job, whatever it is, you have to be able to do it with a certain comfort.
The effort to be made must be minimal, therefore take into account the elements that affect, that is, the weight of the tool and its ergonomics.
For obvious reasons, an electric scissor weighs more than a common one; for the same performance and possibly cost, prefer the lighter one but also the one that holds the best.
The cutting force must be sufficient to cut the branches effortlessly, check this data in the specifications before spending your money and if you want to be on the safe side, trust the best brand on the market.
The Quality of The Materials
Compare several models and test the quality of the materials. Plastics must be solid. Remember that while working, it can always happen that the scissor falls to the ground.
If the materials are good, they will hardly be damaged. It is useless to underline how important it is that the blades are well made and well sharpened, also because when pruning a branch, it is essential that it is cut cleanly, without burrs.
Also check the autonomy of the battery and the charging times, if too long compared to the duration of the charge, perhaps the purchase is not worth it. However, we specify that this must be part of a general evaluation where all the pros and cons are taken into account.
Good Cutting Power
It is not always easy to cut branches, even if they are not particularly thick, and therefore the use of simple shears can require more strength than it actually has. How to solve the problem? With the Bosch EasyPrune model that has assisted cutting.
What is meant by assisted cutting? That the integrated motor increases strength when it encounters resistance. All you have to do is accompany the pressure exerted with your hand. Can you cut any branch? Let’s not exaggerate: the limit is 25 mm in diameter.
Let’s talk for a moment about the Power Assist function. As you know, everyone can exert a different force: thanks to this solution, you can determine the level of cutting assistance. More precisely, the selectable levels are three: reduced, medium, and high.
This shear guarantees ample freedom of movement since, being battery-powered, it does not require the use of cables except for the micro USB cable to recharge the tool.
But we believe it is essential to ask how much autonomy is. According to the manufacturer, up to 450 cuts can be made once the refill is finished considering the maximum diameter of 25 mm.
Now, it will not be suitable for professional and intensive use, but for the home garden, you should have no problem getting the job done.
As for the quality of the cut, very important for pruning, it is smooth and clean. The credit goes to the stainless steel blades, which, if necessary, can be easily replaced.
A Little Big
Although the grip of the shears is ergonomic, we must acknowledge it, they are probably too large and those with small hands, especially in the case of women, may have some difficulties.
In addition, the shears are not very light (close to half a kilo), and this detail could also be a source of discontent among buyers.
We can say that the negative aspects end here. For the rest, we can only speak well as for the materials that are good. We are not just talking about the blades but the whole tool, which seems to be very solid and certainly reliable.
How to Use Pruning Shears?
Check the Surrounding Area
Before starting to work and once the scissors are connected, it is good to free the area from any objects that can hinder operations.
Doing so leaves room for the cable, and cleaning and cutting can take place in peace.
Check the Connections
Make sure that the plug is inserted deeply into the socket, with a proper clearance between the cable and the tool that respects the distances and allows you to work without straining the line too much.
Check the Autonomy
In models with batteries, freedom of movement is sometimes paid for with continuous control of the power left. If you have an electric scissor of this type.
We suggest you have a spare battery or to focus your attention on the display so that you can end operations on one area before moving on to another.
Adjust the Cut
Depending on the type of branches and age, each plant has greater or lesser resistance to cutting operations.
First, check on a small part if the settings and settings are correct. In this way, you will optimize the work respecting the plant.
Get Familiar with The Scissors
Unlike classic manual models, an electric instrument returns less physical feedback at the time of operations.
The advice we feel to give you is, therefore, to proceed with progression, understanding, and knowledge through practice the profile of your tool, adapting the pruning style as you become more familiar.
Don’t Strain the Scissors.
The working mechanism of the scissors is based on a delicate mechanical device. In the case of cuts that are not perfect and need more power.
The advise we give you is to respect the times and methods of the machine, not insisting too much on pain of the risk of breakage.
Place the Scissors at The End of The Work
Once the pruning is finished, it is good to turn off the device and carefully clean the blade, removing residues such as filaments or resin that.
In the long run, can deteriorate the edge. Close everything in a package and in a dry place.
Do Not Use the Scissors for Anything Else
To anyone wishing to use scissors to cut paper or anything other than plants, we would advise against this practice, disrespectful of the philosophy and design that underlie the object.