Hairdryers are great allies in our bathrooms. They are not only used to dry hair in winter to avoid some ailments, but they also serve to make some of the most sophisticated hairstyles. To obtain professional results, the hairdryers on the market today combine power with technology.
You have probably known the hairdryer since you were a child, but we are sure that there are many things about this appliance that you still don’t know.
In this guide on hair dryers, we would like to deal adequately with all its features to keep you informed on what is revolutionizing the world of hairdressers today. Here we will be listing the 14 best hair dryers.
- Ceramic Hair Dryer: Featuring double ceramic technology plus frizz fighting conditioning ions for less damage and more shine, this hair dryer provides infrared and uniform heat for fast drying and less damage
- Superior Function: A Cool Shot button locks hair styles in place and rocker switches make for easy handling; Includes 3 heat/2 speed custom dryer settings for different hair types; A removable filter prevents lint buildup, extending motor life
- Ionic Conditioning: Natural ion output helps fight frizz and bring out your hair’s natural shine; A concentrator nozzle is included for focused airflow to make hair smooth and sleek
- DRY, STYLE & GO: Salon-style blowouts, one-of-a-kind waves and curls, and the perfect hair accessory to reinvent your style.
- LIGHTWEIGHT: Easy cleaning and maintenance, and compact and lightweight design.
- VERSATILITY: Quickly dry and style your hair with 2 heat/speed settings to suit your personal needs.
- Mid Size Hair Dryer: With 1875 watts of drying power, this simple yet dependable hair dryer is an essential tool for your styling needs, with an easy to handle, lightweight design
- Multiple Settings: With 2 heat and 2 speed settings, this dryer is perfect for any hair type from thin to thick, and its ergonomically designed handle makes for comfortable styling
- Easy Storage and Handling: This hair dryer features a hanging ring and a 5 foot power cord for quick and easy storage when it's not in use.No lubrication is needed
- IONIC TECHNOLOGY: Combat frizz and static with negative ions, so your hair looks and feels soft, smooth and shiny.
- CERAMIC COATING: Distributes heat evenly to prevent overstyling and penetrates your hair to quickly dry with less damage.
- TURBO AIRFLOW BUTTON: Increases airflow to dry up to 50% faster.
- Mid-Size Hair Dryer: This well balanced and lightweight hair dryer features 1875 watts of power and delivers powerful airflow for faster drying and longer dryer life
- Sleek Design: This blow dryer features an ergonomic handle that allows for comfort while styling; Features a 5 foot power cord and an out-of-the-way hanging ring to simplify storage
- Versatile Styling: With 2 heat/speed settings, this blow dryer was created for all hair types, from fine and delicate to average and thick
- 【 Negative Ion Technology for Smooth Hair】This professional-grade hair dryer with ionic technology forms a protective film on the surface of each hair to prevent heat damage and add shine. Wavytalk's salon level product deeply nourishes hair and repairs hair scales. The longer your use it, the softer, healthier and shinier your hair will be.
- 【1875 Watts Powerful Motor Dries Hair 2X Faster】With 1875 Watts of Power, this hair dryer blast hair into dryness in just 5 minutes. The ADC Motor optimizes airflow and reduces dispersion, for maximum performance while locking in moisture in for healthy, hydrated hair.
- 【Controlled Airflow and Heat】The constant temperature heating technology in this travel size hair dryer distributes heat evenly and only removes water from the hair's surface while locking moisture in for healthy, hydrated hair without frizz or heat damage.
- Professional Hair Dryer: This dryer features an 1875 watt AC motor that delivers powerful airflow for faster drying and longer dryer life, with Ionic technology for smooth, shiny looking, frizz free hair
- Versatile Function: Titanium Ceramic technology provides infrared heat for faster drying and less hair damage; Features 3 heat and 2 speed settings plus a true cold shot button that locks in curls, waves, and styles
- Special Features: This blow dryer includes a diffuser for textured styles and concentrator for smooth styles; A removeable lint filter allows for easy maintenance and longer motor life.No lubrication is needed
- INFRARED TECHNOLOGY: Penetrates the cortex of hair heating it from the inside out. Maintains natural moisture balance to avoid over-drying.
- CERAMIC COATING: Helps reduce heat damage from over-styling with even heat distribution for smooth and shiny results.
- TOURMALINE TECHNOLOGY: Maintain neutral charge on hair's surface, leaving it looking conditioned and smooth while helping reduce frizz and static for healthy, shiny hair.
- The Conair Cord Keeper Hair Dryer allows for easy storage with the press of a button; line cord retracts into handle of hair dryer
- Ionic Technology controls frizz for smooth, shiny hair – and – Tourmaline Ceramic Technology provide uniform heat for fast drying and less damage
- 3 Heat / 2 Speed settings for all hair types. 5-foot power cord. Power: 1875 watts, Voltage: Dual 110/125 and 220/250
- 【Powerful Motor for Faster Drying】The professional hair dryer delivers strong wind for fast drying even thick wavy hair in less time, because of the High-speed motor, up to 18,000 rpm. Compact design will be more lightweight & portable Lightweight & Portable.
- 【Deeply Protect Hair from Damaged】Hair care and low-radiation. The hair is protected at a constant temperature, evenly dried, no damaged. And Air outlet electromagnetic low radiation.
- 【1 Cool Shooting Button & 3 Heat Settings】One speed control knob + Three heat settings for complete drying and styling flexibility. Easy to control the temperature and wind speed to make your favorite hairstyle at home.
- A New Styling Experience: New from INFINITIPRO BY CONAIR SmoothWrap Hair Dryer is a treatment for all hair types that reduces frizz and maximizes body for a new hair drying experience
- Advanced Plasma Technology: SmoothWrap features positive and negative ions, combined to leave your hair feeling moisturized and conditioned; This hair dryer has a professional long-life motor and ceramic technology that creates even heat to protect hair from damage
- Styling Control: 3 Heat / 2 Speed settings to customize your own unique style
- One Step Style And Dry: This 3 in 1 Styling System features three attachments to achieve the perfect look for all hair types; Features 2 heat/speed settings and a cool shot button to lock styles into place
- Versatile Use: 3 in 1 Styling Hair Dryer comes with 3 Attachments: a thermal bristle brush attachment for volume and waves, a styling comb for straight styling and a detangling comb
- Versatile And Powerful: With 1875 watts for quick and powerful styling, this 3 in 1 Styler features a hinged filter for easy maintenance and dual voltage for worldwide travel
- Country Of Origin: China
- Item Package Dimension: 4.0" L x 9.5" W x 11.5" H
- Item Package Weight: 2.3 lb
- Travel Hair Dryer: This dryer features a folding handle and a retractable cord for compact storage, making it easy to pack in a suitcase or carry-on bag or store in a drawer; With dual voltage, it's perfect for worldwide travel
- Frizz-Free Drying: Features Ionic Conditioning for smooth, shiny-looking hair and less frizz, plus Tourmaline Ceramic Technology with infrared heat to gently dry hair quickly while reducing heat damage
- Versatile Styling: With 2 heat and 2 speed settings, this blow dryer was created for all hair types, and it features a Cool Shot button to help lock curls, waves and styles in place
Best Hair Dryers Buying Guide
The hairdryer, also called hairdryer or hairdryer, is an indispensable element in any bathroom. We use it every day and thanks to it we can get professional results in a few minutes. The technologies used in the latest generation hair dryers, such as the ionone, improve their power and help to reduce the damage caused to the hair.
We generally dry our hair automatically without thinking if we are doing it right. Following a series of steps will be the key to obtaining the perfect results that we are looking for. And if we add tricks used by professionals and some other hair care tips to these steps, even better.
In addition to technology and power, we must check other aspects when choosing our hairdryer, for example, the weight and size, since it is a device that we use daily and that we often carry with us on the road.
How Many Types of Hair Dryers Are There?
When we talk about the types of hair dryers, we have to distinguish them according to two big groups: technology and material.
There are ion hair dryers, very useful to reduce frizz and obtain professional results. Infrared or nanotechnology hair dryers are exceptionally hygienic, since they fight fungi and bacteria.
As for the material, we distinguish between ceramic, metal and tourmaline. Ceramic hair dryers are the most used thanks to their ability to heat evenly.
Tourmaline ones are usually ionic since this “precious stone” releases negative ions when it heats up. Lastly, metal ones are cheaper but more aggressive.
What Are the Advantages of An Ion Hairdryer?
Nowadays, ion hair dryers are the best option to achieve quick-drying, with the best results and without excessively damaging the hair. The technology of this type of hair dryer means that using them only brings advantages. Look at the table below to verify it for yourself.
How Do You Use a Hairdryer Correctly?
You will have dried your hair so many times that now you do it almost without thinking about it and, inevitably, you will think of doing it correctly. Of course, when you go to the hairdresser, you see that professionals get better results than yours.
What Care Does a Hairdryer Need?
This is a persistent question. Many times you will have broken that hair dryer that you liked so much and do not know why.
It is undoubtedly because you have not taken care of it in the right way. And by taking care of it, we intend to clean it.
You use the hairdryer every day, and therefore it is normal for dirt to accumulate inside it.
Cleaning the hairdryer is easier than it seems, and if you do it frequently, you will see how you will extend its life.
The only thing you will have to do is remove the rear panel of the hairdryer, the one where the filter is located, and clean it thoroughly with a hard brush. See more pointers for cleaning it even more thoroughly in the video below.
Is It Harmful to Use the Hairdryer Every Day?
We have already talked about the aggressiveness of heat on the hair. It is precise because of this aggression that many people wonder if it is a good idea to use the hairdryer every day.
The answer is no. It is not necessarily harmful to use the hairdryer every day as long as we also use protective products and follow the instructions.
In the end, the most important thing is to take care of the hair before drying it and use the hairdryer correctly. Be careful though; we are not saying that the use of the hairdryer does not cause any damage since heat is not suitable for hair, and they inevitably suffer when exposed to it. But in this way, the cost will be reduced as much as possible.
Power is the criterion in which we usually fixate more. And not surprisingly, since it will depend on the time, it takes us to dry our hair. Typically, brands advertise a lot of power, which however is always less. The reason why this happened is that, legally, they cannot exceed the power they advertise.
Usually, the power of a good hairdryer goes between 1500W and 2200W. It is up to us to choose the one that suits us best, depending on how much hair we have.
That heat damages hair is something we all know. But we are also aware of the importance it has precisely to dry them and the fact that it is indispensable on many occasions. For this, it is advisable to count on a hairdryer where you can control the temperature. In this way, we could regulate it at any time.
And we could also do it according to the type of hair since, if we have the fragile, the best thing will be not to use too high a temperature.
Otherwise, we will tend more to dry them. Also, temperature control allows us to use a jet of cold air to finish drying, something that, as you already know, increases the duration of the results obtained.