When you don’t want to use central heating to make one room comfortable, buying an electric heater can be the solution. Some models are convection and others radiant: the former diffuse heat through resistance and are more potent than the latter, which use infrared rays instead.
The power to choose depends a lot on the size of the room to be heated: if it is large, it is better to opt for a stove that can heat early and keep the temperature constant.
It may happen that the central heating system of a house is not always sufficient to ensure the heat you need, especially in massive rooms.
If this is also your problem, on this page, you will find a guide that will lead you to step by step to discover the features and peculiarities of an electric stove, to provide you with all the information you need to choose for the best. Here we will be listing the top 9 best electric portable single burner stoves.
- COMPATIBLE WITH ALL COOKWARES: Works with 120V/1200W power supply. Perfect solution for frying, stir-frying, cooking soup and slow cooking, and can also be used for home-style Teppanyaki and BBQ with a barbeque plate and rack. The burner can be used with any flat-bottomed cookware made of a variety of materials. Examples are frying pans, woks or stovetop teapots made from aluminum, stainless steel, ceramic or glass.
- SAFETY & DURABILITY: The burner includes features such as: no radiation, no fire used, no carbon monoxide, voltage and thermal regulator for protection,no stovetop required. It fits cookware as heavy as 22 lbs. Its body is built with stainless steel for durability. Our factory has passed BSCI certification，all our products are certified by ETL.
- PORTABLE: Being small in size and light in weight, the compact design makes the burner consume little space, thus a perfect travel solution. Easy cleaning with wet cloth. It is an ideal choice in many places such as student dorms, offices, camping sites, RV and home. Cast-iron hot plate needs to be preheated for 10 minutes for best use, and it takes about 20 minutes for a hot plate to cool down, keeping the food warm longer. Please do not touch the burner body when in use.
- EASY TO CLEAN: 6.4-inch Cast Iron flat cooking plate is nonstick and easy to clean with a damp cloth or non abrasive sponge
- ADJUSTABLE TEMPERATURE CONTROL: Quickly reach and sustain the desired LOW, MEDIUM or HIGH heat settings with the variable temperature knob to keep food warm or boil hot water.
- BUILT IN SAFETY: Power indicator light on the front of the burner reminds users when the item is powered ON; non skid feet ensures the burner remains stable during use.
- STRESS-FREE COOKING – Equipped with a 6-inch hot plate and a durable stainless steel heating tube. This burner heats up quickly and cooks food evenly. You can use it for frying, keeping food warm, boiling hot water or soup.
- EFFICIENT POWER – Powered with 1000 watts that provides fast, consistent and even heating. Its metal housing is resistant to high temperatures and won’t easily warp or bend even after years of use.
- MAINTAINS DESIRED TEMPERATURE – Simply turn the adjustable control knob to the appropriate temperature setting for your food. The indicator light will illuminate red to indicate the cooktop is warming or heating and will go off once the highest temperature has been reached.
- Versatile cooking — heat adjusts from warm to high. The heat dial on this adjustable temperature portable electric stove lets you select the right temperature for every task from keeping food warm to boiling water for coffee or tea.
- Fast heating with 1200 watts. Quickly boil water first thing in the morning for pour-over coffee or hot tea, prepare a family meal or keep a side dish warm. This electric stove (single) heats up quickly so beverages and meals are ready when you are.
- Portable and compact for easy travel and storage. Add extra cooking space where and when you need it most, from over the holidays and during home renovations to hot-pot style dining and camping. It fits anywhere, is easy to move around and is compact for easy storage.
- Can Be Used for Cooking Outdoors or in the Office
- Features a Temperature Regulating Knob with Heat Distribution Coils
- Power Indicator Light. Non-slip rubber feet prevents product from sliding
- 【Portable Electric Cooktop 110v~120v】This portable electric stove is suitable for 110~120v voltage, which conforms to the American family standard voltage. It has a plug, which can be used when plugged into a family socket.The single burner electric cooktop is small in size, light in weight and easy to store and carry. Suitable for use at home, camping, RV and other places. Electric stove top size:2.55x11.02x14.17inch
- 【Multi-function Electric Ceramic Cooktop】This 110 volt kitchen stove is equipped with various safety protection functions, such as timer, automatic shutdown, child safety lock, residual heat indicator, overheat protection, etc. Using this countertop stove can make your cooking more relaxed and pleasant without worrying about safety.
- 【1800W Fast Heating Electric Hot Plate】The portable cooktop has 9 power levels (200W-1800W) and 9 temperatures (250 ° F~1100 ° F) to be adjusted. You can use the portable burners for cooking easily, such as meat, summer, steam, boil, dry, fast, heavy, fast heat. The maximum power of this single electric burner is 1800W, and the heating speed is very fast. The heating effect of the ceramic cooktop is the same as that of gas stoves, and the food made is as delicious as gas stoves.
- EFFICIENT POWER – This single burner is equipped with a 7.25” cast-iron plate and powered by 1000 watts (120V). It heats up quickly and cooks food evenly. Suitable for frying, keeping food warm, boiling hot water or soup.
- ADJUSTABLE TEMPERATURE CONTROL – Turn the control knob from low, medium or high setting depending on your need. Features an indicator light on the front that will illuminate red to remind users the cooktop is warming or heating and will auto shut off in the event of overheating or if the desired temperature is reached.
- SAFE & HEAVY-DUTY – Made with durable stainless steel housing that is resistant to high temperatures and fire for your safety. It won’t easily warp, rust or bend even after years of usage. Has non-slip rubber feet to ensure it remains stable during use.
- [1500W & Easy Cooking]--CUSIMAX Hot Plate used 7 thermostatically controlled heat settings conveniently to cook a variety of foods such as decoct steak, grilled cheese, boil water, make soup, cook pasta, warm sauces and do so much more. Meet your daily cooking needs.
- [Safety & Durable]--Silver stainless steel body built to withstand frequent use. Durable cast iron cooktop. Simply wipe with a clean and damp cloth when cool. Automatic safety shutoff function with temperature regulated by a thermostat.
- [All Types of Cookware]--CUSIMAX Electric burner is works with All Types of cookware. Compatible with pots and pans with maximum size of 7.1 inches. Works with glass and aluminum and heats cookware efficiently with minimal heat loss. Compared with the induction cooker, there is no noise and no electromagnetic radiation.
- 🍳 MINI SIZE & PORTABLE - Techwood Hot Plate used compact and flat design makes it perfect for dorms, studios, RV/caravans, work, camping, everyday use or as an extra cooking appliance in the busy kitchen. Because of its small and light size, you can easily to used in confined spaces or anywhere.
- 🍳 MULTIPURPOSE - Techwood electric stove heats efficiently to cook a variety of foods such as warm sauces, scrambled eggs, grilled cheese, soup, pasta, vegetables and so much more. Also you can use it as extra burner to keep food warm.
- 🍳 ALL TYPES OF COOKWARE - Techwood single burner can be used with any type of cookware in your home, such as aluminium pans, copper pans, cast lron frying pans and non-magnetic stainless steel pans can heats cookware efficiently with minimal heat loss. And stainless steel body to withstand frequent use. Simply wipe with a clean cloth when cool.
Best Electric Portable Single Burner Stoves Buyer Guide
The substantial difference between the models of stoves made by the best brands is related to their power supply, which can be combustion (gas or oil) or electric.
This last category is the one on which we will focus on this page, given that these are simpler-functioning appliances, and that can be placed everywhere without the limitations related to gas or other fuel models that require higher maintenance and an environment.
With at least one window, essential for air from time to time. By focusing on electric heaters, keep in mind that you can find them that work by convection or radiation.
The former emits heat thanks to electrical resistance and has higher power, up to a maximum of 2,000 watts. Radiation appliances, on the other hand, heat the room thanks to the action of infrared rays and, in general, have lower power.
In the first category, we can place the fan heaters, in the second the halogen stoves. By consulting data sheets and reviews, you will easily find out if a model belongs to one or the other categories. Comparing the prices, you will also know which one is closest to the spending budget you have allocated.
The Space Available
At the top of the list of aspects to consider when choosing which stove to buy and the price, there is an evaluation of where to place it. The size of a room, in fact, considerably affects the size of the appliance to be installed as well as its power.
If the environment is significant, therefore, it would be preferable to opt for a fixed model, with a power greater than 1,500 watts and able to obtain the desired temperature in a short time and perhaps, thanks to a sensor, keep it constant, to avoid unnecessary waste of energy if the room is small, as.
In the case of the bathroom, you could instead consider buying a portable model, to be switched on for a limited period, such as the time needed to take a shower and find a pleasant warmth when you have to dry yourself.
Regardless of the model chosen, keep in mind that stoves tend to be quite demanding in terms of energy demand. Therefore, they are directed towards an “intelligent” appliance that allows you to avoid waste. Among the products on sale on the market, we recommend you focus on one with a thermostat.
This function allows you to decide the temperature you wish to have in the room and the stove. In particular, if the thermostat is integrated into the ignition switch, it will manage itself when the set heat has been reached. However, appearances that do not have them continue to emit hot air until you worry about turning them off.
One last consideration, which applies in particular to portable models. If you decide to place them in the bathroom or in an environment where they could come into contact with water, it is better to opt for a product made following the dictates of the IP standard, that is, the one that indicates the level of protection against splashes or contact with liquids.
Main Features Of Electric Stoves
Energy Savings of 35%
The particular Eco Ceramic technology, on which this thermo-ventilated electric stove is based, exploits large ceramic surfaces that act as heat exchangers and, in this way, significantly increase the thermal performance of the resistances.
Consequently, heating takes place more quickly and efficiently, cutting energy consumption by 35% compared to a standard fan heater; according to laboratory tests, the air conveyed by the Imetec fan heater at a distance of 50 centimetres reaches a temperature of 40 ° C with a consumption of only 1,200 watts, compared to the 2,000 watts required by a traditional technology fan heater.
It also has three levels of temperature regulation, which allow it also to emit fresh air, so that it can also be used in summer, and the efficient antifreeze function, which allows the stove to switch on automatically as soon as the room temperature sensor drops below 5 ° C.
Effective All Year Round
The thermo-ventilated Imetec Eco Ceramic stove, as mentioned above, offers three different levels of regulation.
At maximum power, the resistors have an absorption of 2,000 Watts, the intermediate value ECO, on the other hand, has an absorption of 1,200. In comparison, at level 1, the absorption is only 25 Watts since the resistors remain off, and only the fan is running, therefore emitting fresh air.
This allows it to be used without problems all year round, both in the cold season and during the summer months; moreover, its efficiency makes it ideal not only for small rooms but also offers excellent performance in large ones, with surfaces reaching 60-65 square meters.
Beautiful and Functional
The Imetec ventilated stove also stands out for its attractive design, which goes well with any type of furniture; aesthetically, in fact, it is very refined and elegant, in black and white, with the control knob placed in the front position for easy access.
It is also equipped with an oscillating device, so once positioned, there will be no need to move it every time to direct the heat emitted.
Further features that make this stove extremely functional are also the double thermostat, environmental and safety, and a dust filter that offers the advantage of double protection, both for the internal mechanisms of the stove and for the quality of the air emitted from the fan.