When you don’t want to use central heating to make one room comfortable, buying an electric heater can be the solution. Some models are convection and others radiant: the former diffuse heat through resistance and are more potent than the latter, which use infrared rays instead.
The power to choose depends a lot on the size of the room to be heated: if it is large, it is better to opt for a stove that can heat early and keep the temperature constant.
It may happen that the central heating system of a house is not always sufficient to ensure the heat you need, especially in massive rooms.
If this is also your problem, on this page, you will find a guide that will lead you to step by step to discover the features and peculiarities of an electric stove, to provide you with all the information you need to choose for the best. Here we will be listing the top 9 best electric portable single burner stoves.
- Adjustable temperature control with Off, Warm, Low, Med, and High settings
- 1000 watts of power for faster cooking
- Easy to clean heavy duty cast-iron flat heating plate
- ✅MINI SIZE & PORTABLE--This single-burner electric hot plate from CUSIMAX can squeeze into small spaces to provide easy and adaptable cooking, it's an ideal choice for student accommodation, office use, camping, parties, RVs, traveling or others. No stovetop required.
- ✅1500W & EASY TO CONTROL--Powered by 1500W cast iron hot plate burner with efficiently 7 temperature control heating settings to accurate electric cooking, allows you to heat up food in seconds to the temperature you want.
- ✅STABLE & SAFE--The hot plate is durable with stainless steel housing, and its surface is smooth and easy to clean. Bottom is equipped with anti-skid feet, ensures the stability of hot plate, preventing the electric stove from moving during cooking. Automatic safety shutoff function with temperature regulated by a thermostat. Simply wipe with a clean cloth when cool.
- Can Be Used for Cooking Outdoors or in the Office
- Features a Temperature Regulating Knob with Heat Distribution Coils
- Power Indicator Light. Non-slip rubber feet prevents product from sliding
- HASSLE-FREE COOKING EXPERIENCE – The cooktop is powered by 120V (1000W). It uses infrared technology an advanced system for smooth-top electric ranges heating up food quickly and evenly without any hot or cold spots.
- COMPATIBLE TO ALL COOKWARES – Unlike induction cooktops this countertop burner works well with all types of cookware. However for best results use flat cookware as close to the plate size of the burner (7" in diameter).
- CLASSY AND PORTABLE – Its flat stainless steel housing and sleek crystallite ceramic glass top make this burner look great on any countertop. Plus it is slim and light (2.4 lbs) making it perfect for small studios kitchenettes RVs and camping trips.
- [❤ MULTIPURPOSE & PORTABLE] - CUSIMAX Hot Plate is ideal for office use, camping, parties, boats, RVs, student accommodation, traveling or as an extra cooking utensil in your kitchen. Because of its small and light size, you can easily to used in confined spaces or anywhere.
- [❤ 1500W & EASY TO CONTROL] - CUSIMAX Hot Plate used 7 thermostatically controlled heat settings conveniently to cook a variety of foods such as warm sauces, scrambled eggs, grilled cheese, soup, pasta, vegetables and so much more. Also you can use it as extra burner to keep food warm.
- [❤ ALL TYPES OF COOKWARE AND SAFE] - CUSIMAX hot plate is equipped with a powerful 7.4 inches heating plate, compatible with pots and pans with maximum size of 7.4 inches. CUSIMAX hot plate can be used with any type of cookware in your home, such as aluminium pans, copper pans, cast lron frying pans and non-magnetic stainless steel pans can heats cookware efficiently with minimal heat loss. Also, compared to induction cookers, hot plate is safe to use and doesn’t emit harmful radiation.
- ✔ MINI SIZE & PORTABLE - Techwood Hot Plate used compact and flat design makes it perfect for dorms, studios, RV/caravans, work, camping, everyday use or as an extra cooking appliance in the busy kitchen. Because of its small and light size, you can easily to used in confined spaces or anywhere.
- ✔ ALL TYPES OF COOKWARE - Techwood hot plate can be used with any type of cookware in your home, such as aluminium pans, copper pans, cast lron frying pans and non-magnetic stainless steel pans can heats cookware efficiently with minimal heat loss. And stainless steel body to withstand frequent use. Simply wipe with a clean cloth when cool.
- ✔ MULTIPURPOSE - Techwood cast-iron burner heats efficiently to cook a variety of foods such as warm sauces, scrambled eggs, grilled cheese, soup, pasta, vegetables and so much more. Also you can use it as extra burner to keep food warm.
- [WORKS WITH ALL TYPES OF COOKWARE] Compatible with pots and pans with maximum size of 7.1 inches. Works with glass, copper and frying pans, Cast-iron and aluminum and heats cookware efficiently with minimal heat loss. All CUSIMAX products are covered by Product Liability Insurance of United States.
- [HEAT-UP IN SECONDS] Compared to a hot plate burner which takes minutes to heat up, Infrared burners take only a few seconds to heat up. Powered by 120V and 1200-Watts. Conveniently cook a variety of foods such as warm sauces, scrambled eggs, grilled cheese, soup, pasta, vegetables and so much more. Please cover your cookware with a lid when boil water.
- [CONVENIENT] The small scale in size makes it very portable. Ideal for dorm rooms, offices, camping, or even your RV. Great for every day use or as an extra cooking appliance in a busy kitchen. No stovetop required. Simply wipe with a clean damp cloth when cool.
- ✔ MINI SIZE & PORTABLE - Techwood Electric Coil Burner used stainless steel design, compact and flat makes it perfect for dorms, studios, RV/caravans, work, camping, everyday use or as an extra cooking appliance in the busy kitchen. Because of its Slim Space Saving Design, you can easily to used in confined spaces or anywhere.
- ✔ MULTIPURPOSE - Techwood Electric Hot Plate efficiently to cook a variety of foods such as scrambled eggs, grilled cheese, soup, pasta, vegetables and so much more. Also you can use it to keeps the desired heat steady. Just turn the control knob and choose the appropriate temperature setting for your food, and the burner will maintain the heat.
- ✔ SUITABLE FOR ALL TYPES OF COOKWARE - Techwood Electric Cooktop can be used with any type of cookware in your home, such as aluminium pans, copper pans, cast lron frying pans and non-magnetic stainless steel pans can heats cookware efficiently with minimal heat loss. Ceramic panel and stainless steel body to withstand frequent use. Simply wipe with a clean cloth when cool.
- √[PORTABLE HOT PLATE]--Features compact stainless steel body, this 1500W hot plate can be easily used in your busy kitchen. Perfect for small cooking area, you can place it in cabinet to save space.
- √[WORKS WITH ALL TYPES OF COOKWARE]--Pots and pans ranging to 7.4", including glass and aluminum and heats cookware efficiently with minimal heat loss.
- √[EASY TO COOK]--Powered by 1500W, provides more convenience for fast-paced life as it heats up quickly, cook food including warm sauces, scrambled eggs, grilled cheese, boil water,make soup, cook pasta and vegetables and do so much more.
Best Electric Portable Single Burner Stoves Buyer Guide
The substantial difference between the models of stoves made by the best brands is related to their power supply, which can be combustion (gas or oil) or electric.
This last category is the one on which we will focus on this page, given that these are simpler-functioning appliances, and that can be placed everywhere without the limitations related to gas or other fuel models that require higher maintenance and an environment.
With at least one window, essential for air from time to time. By focusing on electric heaters, keep in mind that you can find them that work by convection or radiation.
The former emits heat thanks to electrical resistance and has higher power, up to a maximum of 2,000 watts. Radiation appliances, on the other hand, heat the room thanks to the action of infrared rays and, in general, have lower power.
In the first category, we can place the fan heaters, in the second the halogen stoves. By consulting data sheets and reviews, you will easily find out if a model belongs to one or the other categories. Comparing the prices, you will also know which one is closest to the spending budget you have allocated.
The Space Available
At the top of the list of aspects to consider when choosing which stove to buy and the price, there is an evaluation of where to place it. The size of a room, in fact, considerably affects the size of the appliance to be installed as well as its power.
If the environment is significant, therefore, it would be preferable to opt for a fixed model, with a power greater than 1,500 watts and able to obtain the desired temperature in a short time and perhaps, thanks to a sensor, keep it constant, to avoid unnecessary waste of energy if the room is small, as.
In the case of the bathroom, you could instead consider buying a portable model, to be switched on for a limited period, such as the time needed to take a shower and find a pleasant warmth when you have to dry yourself.
Regardless of the model chosen, keep in mind that stoves tend to be quite demanding in terms of energy demand. Therefore, they are directed towards an “intelligent” appliance that allows you to avoid waste. Among the products on sale on the market, we recommend you focus on one with a thermostat.
This function allows you to decide the temperature you wish to have in the room and the stove. In particular, if the thermostat is integrated into the ignition switch, it will manage itself when the set heat has been reached. However, appearances that do not have them continue to emit hot air until you worry about turning them off.
One last consideration, which applies in particular to portable models. If you decide to place them in the bathroom or in an environment where they could come into contact with water, it is better to opt for a product made following the dictates of the IP standard, that is, the one that indicates the level of protection against splashes or contact with liquids.
Main Features Of Electric Stoves
Energy Savings of 35%
The particular Eco Ceramic technology, on which this thermo-ventilated electric stove is based, exploits large ceramic surfaces that act as heat exchangers and, in this way, significantly increase the thermal performance of the resistances.
Consequently, heating takes place more quickly and efficiently, cutting energy consumption by 35% compared to a standard fan heater; according to laboratory tests the air conveyed by the Imetec fan heater at a distance of 50 centimeters reaches a temperature of 40 ° C with a consumption of only 1,200 watts, compared to the 2,000 watts required by a traditional technology fan heater.
It also has three levels of temperature regulation, which allow it also to emit fresh air, so that it can also be used in summer, and the efficient antifreeze function, which allows the stove to switch on automatically as soon as the room temperature sensor drops below 5 ° C.
Effective All Year Round
The thermo-ventilated Imetec Eco Ceramic stove, as mentioned above, offers three different levels of regulation.
At maximum power, the resistors have absorption of 2,000 Watts, the intermediate value ECO, on the other hand, has an absorption of 1,200. In comparison, at level 1, the absorption is only 25 Watts since the resistors remain off, and only the fan is running, therefore emitting fresh air.
This allows it to be used without problems all year round, both in the cold season and during the summer months; moreover, its efficiency makes it ideal not only for small rooms but also offers excellent performance in large ones, with surfaces reaching 60-65 square meters.
Beautiful and Functional
The Imetec ventilated stove also stands out for its attractive design, which goes well with any type of furniture; aesthetically, in fact, it is very refined and elegant, in black and white, with the control knob placed in the front position for easy access.
It is also equipped with an oscillating device, so once positioned, there will be no need to move it every time to direct the heat emitted.
Further features that make this stove extremely functional are also the double thermostat, environmental and safety, and a dust filter that offers the advantage of double protection, both for the internal mechanisms of the stove and for the quality of the air emitted from the fan.