Knives, mainly if used in professional kitchens, need to be sharpened after some time. A very valid method to obtain the blade as new is to use one of the specific diamond sharpenings stones for this purpose, which manages to get an excellent result.
Take a look at our guide, which can help you choose the most suitable type for the use you need to do. Compare prices to find a model in line with your budget.
Here we had listed out some of the best diamond sharpening stones that are present below.
- Unique Honeycomb Design:The sharpening stone set with unique honeycomb design ensures that the dust generated during the grinding process will not affect the sharpening. The diamond sharpening stone has a non-slip base to ensure that it will not slip during use and easily tackle both coarse and fine sharpening jobs.
- Reliable Material:The knife sharpening stone is made of diamond material, with honeycomb surface is safe and reliable, not easy to break or fade, with fine resistance to abrasion and corrosion.Due to the high hardness of the material and the low loss during use, our sharpening stone kit can be used for a long time.
- Easy to Operate：You just need to place the knife on the sharpening stone and move it back and forth several times while maintaining an angle of about 30°. You can always adding water or honing oil on it while sharpening, which make the lubricating effect of grinding will be great.Use with no pressure
- Convenience & Durability - diamond sharpening plates are far more durable and easily to maintain than whetstones because they won't be cratered and do not need to be flattened
- Double-sided Grit Design - easily tackle both coarse and fine sharpening jobs with just one sharpening stone
- Cutting-edge technology - steel plates are precisely machined and electroplated with monocrystalline diamonds, which gives them a far longer lifespan than its counterparts
- 【3-Year Warranty】 Provide 3 years warranty. It is suitable as a gift for chefs or knife collectors, and is also a good choice for the kitchen of families.
- 【3-IN-1】 This diamond knife sharpening stone set has 3 side grit, 400# diamond stone sharpener can be used to repairing large gap or restore basic sharpness. 1000# diamond sharpening stone can be used for regular maintenance and honing of knives, so that the blade can achieve fine cutting function. 8000# ceramic sharpening stones suitable for fine polishing of blades. Equipped with wide non-slip plastic base to improve your using experience and safety.
- 【Widely Applicable】 The professional diamond sharpening stone 3 sided grit uses a combination of diamond and ceramic. The diamond is suitable for steels of various hardnesses, and the ceramic side is suitable for fine cutting. It is suitable for home kitchen knife sets or tools that need sharpening.
- 【High Quality】This knife sharpening stone is made of diamonds, which is stronger and durable than ordinary grinding stones,the risk of damaging the edges is less,can have a longer life.
- 【Double-sided Sharpening】Double-sided design, 400# side for grit coarse sharpening and 1000# side for grit fine sharpening,and the honeycomb design ensures that the dust generated during grinding does not affect sharpness.
- 【Easy To Use】Just need to put the knife on the sharpning stone and move back and forth several times while keeping about 30°,which can be used by everyone.
- ✤Double-sided Sharpening: You will receive the whetstone in different sides, 600# side for grit coarse sharpening and 1200# side for grit fine sharpening. The unique honeycomb design ensures that the dust generated during the grinding process will not affect the sharpening.
- ✤Efficient Material: This knife sharpening stone uses diamond as abrasive material which is more efficient than normal whetstone and less risk of damaging the edges. Due to the high hardness of the material and the low loss during use, our whetstone plate can be used for a long time.
- ✤Convenient: This sharpener stone comes with silica gel base, non-slip and safe to use. The whetstone kits are small in size and light in weight, so they are easy to carry and store without taking up too much space.
- ✅FAST, Durable and Heavy-Duty: Industrial monocrystalline diamonds are electroplated onto a steel base of 0.33 inch thickness. Up to 5 times faster sharpening than oil stone, water stone
- ✅DUAL GRIT: Coarse 325 grit (45 micron) for quick edge setting; Extra fine 1200 grit (9 micron) for honing. Sharpen and Hone ALL HARD Material including High Speed Steel, Carbide, Ceramic & Cubic Boron Nitride. Sharpen dry. No messy oil or water needed.
- ✅Super FLAT Surface: SHARPAL exclusive MirrorFlat technology guarantees long-lasting even contact with knives or tools, while oil stone and water stone easily wear down with uneven surface
- 2" x 6" workable surface
- 400 grit coarse side
- 600 grit fine side
- Package Included: 1 x 600 Grit Diamond Blade Sharpener, 1 x 1200 Grit Diamond Stone Sharpener. Size: 5.9" x 2.48"/150mm x 63mm (L*W).
- Effective Sharpener: Made of diamond material and designed with honeycomb surface, the diamond honing stone ensures solid and reliable sharpening.
- Easy to Use: Constructed with non-slip bottom, the diamond sharpening plate is practical for daily use for the kitchen tools sharpening.
- Package contents: the package comes with 3 pieces sharpener stones in different styles, including 400 grit, 600 grit and 1000 grit, sufficient quantity and various styles can meet your needs; Coarse grinding and fine grinding are combined with these stones
- Proper size: each diamond sharpening stone measures approx. 5.9 x 2.48 Inches (L x W), appropriate size makes it to be light in weight and compact for your convenient carrying
- Reliable material: made of diamond material, the honeycomb surface sharpener is safe and reliable, not easy to break or fade, with fine resistance to abrasion and corrosion, you can use it with much confidence, can be applied for a long time
- The Best Value We've Seen! 3 stones included.
- Extremely fast 300, 600 and 1200 grit diamond sharpening stones
- Everything you need to go from dull to razor sharp!
- 【Premium Material】These diamond knife sharpening stones are made of quality emery abrasive, wear resistant, not easy to rust, sturdy and durable, not easy to deform, and the diamond whetstone has a faster speed than the traditional whetstone. Due to the high hardness of the material and the low loss during use, our whetstone plate can be used for a long time
- 【Superior Bundle】This set of sharpening tool includes 5PCS different double-sided whetstone knife sharpener(80/120 240/400 600/800 1000/1500 2000/3000) and 1pcs leather strop kit, This knife sharpening kit with two different grits on each side, this diamond stone is so much more convenient than using an oil stone. Please choose the right sharpening stone for your blade. After sharpening, please use a leather sharpening stick to give the blade a true mirror finish
- 【Size】 The size of the diamond stone sharpener is about 6.7 inches in length, 2.95 inches in width, and 0.43 inches in height. The size of the leather honing strop is about 6.7 inches in length, 2.95 inches in width, and 0.43 inches in height. Lightweight, small and practical, a suitable size for you, portable to carry around, very convenient
- DURABLE DIAMONDS, HIGH WEAR RESISTANCE: The honeycomb surface sharpener made of diamond material is safe and durable. Diamonds do not easy wear off. The lapping plate honing stone with fine resistance to abrasion and corrosion can work for a longer lifetime. With one angle guide protect hands from occasional cut.
- WIDELY USE: These fine coarse diamond stone are suitable for sharpening household kitchen knives, jade, seals, chisels and planes, tool steels, cutting tools, ceramic knives, and chamfering of glass tiles. Small size, easy to store, more convenient to honing.
- 4 KINDS OF GRITS: 4 pieces of diamond sharpening stones in different grits, including 400 grit, 600 grit 1000 grit and 1200 grit. Coarse grinding and fine grinding are combined with these diamond honing stone. Rough grinding first, then fine honing, your tool cutting force is extremely sharp.
Things to Consider Before Buying Diamond Sharpening Stone
Artificial or Natural
The choice of the right sharpening stone depends very much on two factors: the experience in the matter and the expense you want to face.
Those who are beginners will be able to use an artificial model, which has the advantage of having a very affordable price and being suitable for obtaining good results but without great demands.
However, the fact that they have a uniform surface is a guarantee that they will provide the same performance throughout their life. This may not happen with a natural stone which, when consumed, could reveal a harder layer, with inclusions that limit its usefulness.
Their advantage lies in allowing to sharpen the blades with great precision and in such a way as to make them sharp so as not to fragment the food. In this way, all the nutritional characteristics of the food can be maintained, allowing you to prepare dishes with a more intense aroma.
Their peculiarity is that they must be lubricated with water and not with oils or other substances. Otherwise, they will be rendered unusable.
Further down, you will find our ranking, which includes some of the most valuable products on the market. Before going in search of the best brand, it is good to understand why to choose a sharpening stone and not a sharpener.
In fact, in the long run, this element can ruin the edge of the blade, in particular that of Japanese knives, with a V-inclination angle. European ones, with a U-angle, still obtain a good result with the right practice or help from some guides.
Each element has a different grain, on the basis of which it is possible to have the desired result. The one between 240 and 400 is ideal for roughing and aligning the sharpening.
The 800 and 1000 models are used respectively to optimize and revive the yarn. Those from 4000 and up to 6000 are suitable for experts who want a knife with a shiny blade. The ideal choice would be to use three stones: one for grinding, one for sharpening and one for polishing.
If the review of other users can be useful to understand which type is most suitable for the use you have to make of it, the dimensions must be determined by the frequency with which you will use it.
Those who want to use it occasionally can resort to a combined stone: you will get different effects with just one job. The bigger it is, the sooner you will finish sharpening the blade; even with a small model, the result will be useful, but it will take a little longer.
The stone has small dimensions, with a size that does not create problems for the various users, especially once the sharpening process is finished.
The variable grain then settles on a value of 1,000 for the sharpening process, characterized by the yellow side, then passing through a grain of 3,000 suitable instead of sharpening the blade on which you want to work.
The excellent quality of the product guarantees satisfactory results, also confirmed by the positive opinions of those users who have decided to trust the brand, finding themselves with an object capable of keeping what was promised.
The choice than to offer two different processes, both enclosed in the same object, increases the practicality and usability of the stone for sharpening.
Thanks to a comfortable and stable base, the sharpening stone can be positioned without problems on a table, so as to allow a simple and effective sharpening maneuver. For users who fear an overall fragility, online comments move from this perception of solidity and reliability.
By using a grain with a variable composition, it is thus possible to create robustness without neglecting the essential purpose on which such a product is based.
We are helping users in creating pointed blades just enough, thus creating a set of knives at the height of different operations, from cutting meat to filleting fish or vegetables.
Through one or more controlled passages of the blade on the stone, the user is able to improve the knife-edge each time.
It is thanks to this effect that the results are seen after a short time, in some cases forcing users to pay even more attention to the moment of cutting, given the genuinely effective sharpening achieved by the blades just worked.
For those who appreciate a different style and prefer to improve or finish, just turn the stone and use the lighter colored side. This adds more to what the knife already has, for a finish suitable for the circumstances.
How to Use a Diamond Sharpening Stone?
Chefs usually restore the edge of their knives using sharpening stones. These products, also known as a whetstone, have also found wide use in our traditional kitchens, and today they are highly appreciated for their speed and extreme effectiveness.
They were also used in ancient times to improve the yield of agricultural tools used for harvesting and cutting fodder and even before battles to make warrior swords sharper.
Why Sharpen with Stone
The best way to sharpen kitchen knives and make them look like new is to use a good whetstone. The sharpening made with stone, in fact, is very homogeneous and above all delicate both on steel and on metal in general.
However, it is also true that sharpening with a whetstone is not a very simple undertaking and for those who are less experienced it will take time to become familiar with this tool but, once you have learned the right technique, you will be delighted, and you will not be able to more do without.
In addition, the sharpening stones can be used both to finish the blades and to repair them when they have already lost their efficiency, and you can guarantee greater longevity even for your professional knives at a considerable cost.
For the first uses, however, we suggest you try them first on older and worn-out knives, then moving on to the more professional ones when you feel more confident.
The Type of Stone
Hone stones can be both natural and synthetic and can be used dry, with oil or with water. The most efficient, and unfortunately also the most expensive, are the diamond ones consisting of a metal surface covered with small diamond fragments.
Water-based ones, on the other hand, are softer and make sharpening faster and easier; finally, oil products, although they tend to dirty the work surface more, are made of harder materials and reduce the damaging action of the heat produced by friction.
Artificial stones are the most popular because, in addition to being more homogeneous, they also have a more affordable cost, although professionals tend to prefer natural ones due to the high abrasiveness that makes the blade more precise and sharp.
Finally, there are also ceramic stones that you can use to sharpen ceramic cutting tools, but remembering that it will not be possible to use them for steel or metal.
Choose the Grain
The sharpening stones are generally rectangular in shape with one coarse grain side used to remove any irregularities, and the other with a finer grain for sharpening and polishing the blade.
Each stone has a specific function and mainly: the coarser ones, with a grain size from 240 to 400, are used for very damaged and worn knives.
The intermediate ones, between 800 and 2,000, are mainly used to finish the thread and are recommended, especially in the case of frequent use, while those with a finer grain, from 4,000 to 6,000, for polishing and reviving the blades.
In principle, if you have a good set of kitchen knives and you want to ensure excellent sharpening for each one, you can still purchase a double-sided hone that implements two types of grain, to be used according to needs.