Taking a complete toolbox everywhere is not always practical, or better, it never is. But sometimes you find yourself in a situation where you really want to have a wrench, screwdriver, pliers or knife on hand and you don’t have it. It is exactly for these types of situations that multipurpose knives were invented, also called multifunction or multitool tools.
A utility knife can also fit in a pocket or bag and contains a variety of different tools, all in a compact device. A good lightweight multifunction tool can literally save your life in many situations.
Here we had listed out the best multipurpose knife that is presented below.
- Pocket Multitool Knife: Features 3.15'' Knife, Pliers, Wire Cutter, Bottle & Can Opener, 9-Pack Screwdrivers
- Pocket Folding Knife: Made of solid Stainless Steel and in black oxidation with an aluminum handle. Excellent in Cutting and Piercing
- Secure and Safe: This Folding Tactical Knife is equipped with a liner lock that securely locks the Knife blade and screwdriver in place for use
- MULTIPURPOSE AND FUNCTIONAL: This retractable utility knife is a versatile and functional tool that can handle a variety of tasks and is a must-have for any toolbox. It heavy duty box cutter and also a snap off blade utility knife. The replaceable 18mm utility knife blade can be used to cut a variety of materials including rope, cardboard and plastic, and can also be used to loosen and tighten nuts and bolts. The sharp blade of this utility knife ensures you get a clean cut through a variety of materials.
- DURABLE: Made from high quality stainless steel, this multi-functional retractable box opener is an 18mm utility knife. It can withstand heavy use and last for years. The blade is strong and sharp to ensure precise cuts every time, while the handle is designed to provide users with a comfortable grip that won't slip, even in wet conditions. In use, it can also be used as a paper cutter, cardboard cutter, carpet knife and more.
- CONVENIENT AND PORTABLE: With its compact size and lightweight design, this utility knife is easy to take anywhere. It fits neatly in your pocket or tool belt, making it a handy tool for quick repairs or DIY projects. However, it is usually used more for box knive.
- 12 integrated components - spring loaded pliers, wire cutter and wire stripper, folding blade knife, serrated edge knife, bottle opener, metal file, screwdrivers, saw-like blade with wavy chisel teeth, scoring blade. High quality mini multitool.
- Perfect multi-tool for everything - Camping, Hiking, Hunting, Survival, Military, Army and Emergency. A perfect car, bike ,EDC multi tool for men and women.
- 12 in 1 Tools set is made of high quality 420 stainless steel, handle material is aluminium. Small utility tool has a total length of 4,3", weight 3,5 Oz. All in 1 tool is a modern lightweight multipurpose tool with unique skeleton design handles which significantly decrease the weight of the utility tool.
- 【Mens Stocking Stuffers Gifts Idea】- Gifts for men who have everything. If you are looking for unique stocking stuffers for dad, husband, son, him, boyfriend and grandpa for Christmas, Father's Day, Birthday or Anniversary, then this personalised equipment and gear is a perfect choice
- 【2023 Upgrade】- The blade of this new version is sharper. The handle has been reinforced with double materials to prevent breakage. The safeguard locking mechanism provides you with additional protection
- 【All In One】- Tactical knife, pliers, can opener, bottle opener, and 9-in-1 screwdriver bit kit guarantees a multi-purpose using. It’s well built with stainless steel and coated with black oxidation. Perfect for hunting, fishing, travel, car, backpacking, hiking, outdoor activities, and home improvements
- 【6 in 1 Multitools】This multi-purpose tool can be used as a folding pocket knife with sharp blade, a bottle opener, a glass breaker for emergency situations, a Phillips screwdriver, a slot screwdriver and a edc keychain carabiner clip. A nice survival camping gear meeting various tasks outdoor.
- 【Sturdy & Durable Combo Tool】The whole carabiner multitool is constructed of premium stainless steel and aluminum alloy, the blade is sharper and more durable. Which effectively prevents corrosion and ensures long term durability. You can use it as a heavy duty locking carabiner buckle like hanging hammock.
- 【Compact & Perfect For EDC】Designed with size 4.5"L X 2.2"W, 3.8 OZ. This EDC survival carabiner knife can be easily and conveniently attached to backpacks, key chain, belt loops and more. Please remember to twist the locking latch for an optimal hold when everything is done.
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL POCKET KNIFE: 5 IN 1, large blade for cutting, with seatbelt cutter and glass breaker for accident situations, bottle opener and 4 size wrench.
- HIGH QUALITY BLADE: NedFoss FA48 pocket knife is made of high quality 8Cr14Mov stainless steel, extra sharp and hardness up to 57HRC.
- SAFE & QUICK OPEN: Rescue EDC knife has a simple and reliable liner-lock that is resistant to dirt and prevents accidental closing.
- 14-in-1 Multitool: Multitool with 14 function including pliers heads (long nose pliers, round nose pliers, cutting pliers), sharp knife, philips screwdriver, slotted screwdriver(S), serrated knife, hook remover, double-sided file, slotted screwdriver(L), small scraper, slotted screwdriver(M), can opener and bottle opener.
- Safety Locking: fangfo Multitool With side lock design, every tool and knife ( except the pliers heads ) will be locked when fully open.
- Ready for Anything: You never know when you need a screwdriver, plier or knife, etc. This multipurpose tool is a great choice for users to carry in pocket, which is easy to get the correspondant tool in any time.
- Top Value Multitool - Editorial Recommendation
- Holiday Gift Guide for Men & Women
- [ An Essential Tool for Camping Hiking Fishing ]: This camping accessories compact multitool survival knife in all the essentials for camping, hiking, climbing, fishing - a variety of tools: multiple screwdrivers, pliers, blade, bottle opener, and more. The point is so portable and easy to carry, the pocket multitool knives for men comes with belt clip pouch, you don't have to carry a big tools bag, Let you start a new journey easily
- THE IDEAL MULTIFUNCTIONAL TACTICAL SPORK: perfect for any sort of outdoor activities like hiking, camping, hunting and fishing. There's no better addition to your camp mess kit or backpack supplies. Our cleverly designed long handle spork hides a serrated stainless steel tactical knife and a fire starter Ferro Rod, making it the perfect all in one tactical utensil for outdoor lovers.
- HIGH QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: built with sturdy BPA Free plastic material and stainless steel knife blade, our spork is durable and long lasting making it perfect for outdoor activities or dinning on the go.
- 3 IN 1 CLEVER & PORTABLE SPORK FLATWARE: fully ensemble it works as a deep reach long handle spork for your MRE (spoon fork comb), separate them and you get a fully functional spork and knife set. The tactical spork also contains a 2-3/8 in long replaceable ferro rod to get your fire started.
- ALL IN ONE TOOLS: Comes with 14 tools to handle any situation, including a tactical knife, pliers, large scissors, Phillips and flat screwdrivers, premium replaceable wire cutters and strippers, bottle and can openers, safety belt cutter, hole puncher, and belt clip
- UNIQUE GIFTS IDEAS: Christmas Gifts for men who have everything, enjoy do-it-yourself projects and are relatives of all ages, such as fathers, sons, husbands, boyfriends, daughter, him. It can be given as a thoughtful present on special occasions like Birthday, Christmas, Valentines, Anniversary or Father's Day
- EXCELLENT MATERIAL: The folding blade, scissors, and wire cutter are crafted from 440C, which boasts a hardness of HRC56. The handle is crafted from premium stainless steel with a durable black oxidation, one side of which is covered with plastic fiber for a comfortable, non-slip grip
- ✅ 13-in-1 Multi-tool: Needle Nose Pliers, Curved Jaw Pliers, Wire Cutter, Knife Blade, Saw Blade, Phillips Screwdriver, Slotted Screwdrivers, File, Leather Punch, Bottle Opener and Can Opener. Fits your daily needs
- ✅ Super Hardened Stainless Steel: 420 stainless steel and open-frame design make it ultra-tough, ensuring long-term reliable performance
- ✅ All Locking Features: Every separate tool and knife on the body of the handle, except the pliers head, will lock into place. The locking design enables you to operate individual tools safely and effectively. By locking them into place when fully open, you can put pressure on the implement while safely completing the job, before manually unlocking the tool to stow it away
What to Look for Before Buying Multipurpose Knifes?
The best multipurpose knife is the one that has the kind of accessories you need most often. There are so many different options that you can definitely find the right one for you, but first, you will have to investigate.
That’s why we developed this section, to help you find out everything you should know about your multifunction tool.
What Is a Multipurpose Knife?
How Many Types of Utility Knife Are There?
There are many types of a utility knife, which have been created for different types of activities. However, the one referred to as the multi-tool as such is the rectangular tool (usually) from which various built-in tools can be extracted. We can divide them into four categories:
- Common multipurpose knife (pocket or Swiss army knife). This is a fairly standard multiple tools, except that its priority (or the most developed tool) in the device is the knife. It is designed to be highly functional. This is one of the first examples of a multi-tool and is ideal for those who only need a versatile tool every day.
- Multifunction keyrings: they are smaller and more compact than the previous ones, but efficient in portability. However, the small size of the tools makes it more difficult to use them in the beginning. In general, they include only the bare essentials.
- Military multipurpose knife: Military multifunction tools are designed for both survival and on-the-go repairs. They may include tools for cleaning/disassembling a rifle. So they are excellent for both soldiers and campers, hikers, and hunters, they are very easy to use and are often built with extremely resistant materials capable of withstanding extremely harsh treatments or overuse. As a result, they tend to be the most expensive, but if you are willing to invest in them, you will have a multi-tool that will last for decades.
- Multifunction tool type of credit card: Also called ‘survival card’ it has the shape of a credit card and therefore can be kept in the wallet. It has sharp edges and different shapes that allow it to be used as a bottle opener, ruler, a hacksaw, and the like.
When Multipurpose Knife Can Be Useful?
Having a multipurpose knife at hand never hurts, in any situation: if you need to cut something, open an envelope or a bottle of beer, a package … However, there are some activities for which it is considered essential to have one of these tools.
Here is what they are: Camping outdoorsImagine you are camping outdoors. A multipurpose knife can be useful for various activities. A basic model may suffice, but in certain circumstances, if you have a military model it is even better.
Some multitools include a tool for removing hooks. Any tool exposed to rust will be ruined, especially if you plan to fish in saltwater.
Without going into particular situations that perhaps not everyone lives, the multipurpose knife is unquestionably useful even in normal daily activities.
A simple corkscrew, can opener, scissors or a small knife, can come in handy when you eat outside the home and you have to open a package when you have to cut a thread and in many other cases that you wouldn’t think about until you find yourself in a situation in which you say, “wow, why don’t I have a small knife/screwdriver with me?”.
Common and Essential Tools in A Multipurpose Knife
Carrying a toolbox is not always possible, but everyone can carry a multipurpose knife made up of the most common tools used for daily activities. In this section, we will show you the six most important tools that a multifunction tool can have.
- Forceps: Forceps are available in various shapes and sizes and are used for purposes such as cutting and bending threads. Some have other uses, just like traditional pliers even if in a mini version.
- Knife: Although they are smaller than normal, they are ideal for light cutting jobs, but if well-sharpened they can also be useful for cables and ropes of a certain thickness.
- Screwdriver: In general, multifunction tools that have a screwdriver include only a flat one.
- Bottle Opener: A bottle opener is a tool used to remove metal corks from bottles, but you can also find the screw corkscrew needed to remove corks from wine bottles.
- Hacksaw: It is perfect for cutting smaller objects, such as twigs of trees, or for basic craft activities.
- Scissors: Some people complain that the scissors are too small to perform most of the tasks. Even so, scissors are an important tool to always have on hand.
How to Choose Multipurpose Knives?
Whether you are looking for multi-tools, pocket knives, or other tools, you should make sure you know how to identify the right product for you.
You have to make sure you don’t buy more or less of what you need. In order not to buy an object that would then end up closed in a drawer, try following the purchase criteria below:
Do you have to hold it on your belt so you can easily grab it and use it with one hand? Will you carry it in your pocket or backpack? This will determine if a clip type is needed or how heavy your multipurpose knife should be. If you plan to use it for work, you probably want to have one always at hand.
However, if you use it on a hike, it may be more congenial to you if it is stored in a backpack or trouser pocket. You can also look for smaller ones if you really need something ultraportable. Obviously the smaller they are, the less effective they will be.
Type of multipurpose knife
The type of multipurpose knife most suitable for you has a lot to do with the use you intend to make of it. So it is logical that if you are an electrician, you should look for a multitool suitable for wires and electrical systems.
While if you repair bicycles, you must find a specific one for this purpose. Remember that not all utility knives have been created for the same purpose.
Quantity and Type of Tools Included
Having forty different gear sounds initially convenient. But if you only use five or seven, the other thirty tools will actually only add weight to your tool. Instead of buying a multipurpose knife that has everything and more, it is better to look for a more specific one that includes exactly what you need.
Size and Weight
This criterion will depend on how often you use and carry the multipurpose knife. Currently, this tool is offered in different versions that change in size and weight.
If you take it with you every day, but don’t use it professionally, a pocket version or even a keychain version may be enough. If, on the other hand, you have other needs, opt for a more performing and larger product, but obviously also heavier.