A valid aid in the kitchen when you have to remove the skins allows you to be faster in preparing your dishes. Our guide can guide you in choosing the most suitable potato peeler: compare prices and formats and look at our ranking to find the best brand on the market.
Reviewing all the foods used in international gastronomy, only a few ingredients can boast the many versions, methods of preparation and recipes, and the potato, tuber rich in potassium, and starches.
Although it is among the humblest and weakest products of agriculture, it is the one that always manages to be tasty and delicious in all circumstances, from oven cooking to fries, passing through mashed potatoes, gnocchi, gâteau, velvety and in desserts in the form of starch.
As versatile and exquisite as it is, a shadow of despair hovers around the tuber when the time comes to use it for the preparation. Removing the skin is among the operations considered to be the most tedious in the whole culinary field. Here we will be listing the 15 best vegetable peelers.
- Sharp, hardened stainless steel blade easily peels cucumbers, apples and more
- Soft, comfortable, non-slip handle cushions hand during repetitive peeling motion
- Built-in potato eyer
- Smooth, Effortless Peeling - Dual Stainless Steel blades stay ultra sharp and swivel to glide along fruits and vegetables easily. Includes a built-in blemish remover.
- Save Time, Less Waste - Skins peel off quickly like they are melted butter without gouging your fruits or veggies. Takes off just the right amount so you save more precious produce.
- Smooth Glide Technology - Will not clog with peels. Dishwasher Safe.
- Swiveling twin blades with flexible action easily peel potatoes, apples and other tough skinned fruits and vegetables
- Soft, oversized handle designed for repetitive strokes
- Comfortable non slip grip, even when wet
- PEEL WITH EASE: Save time and make your meal prep a breeze with our easy-to-use fruit peeler! It’s the best peeler for both right and left-handed users; the razor-sharp blades effortlessly slice through peels and tackle produce of any shape or size.
- COMFORT MEETS SAFETY: Designed with an ergonomic, soft-grip handle, our carrot peeler allows you to work for hours without hand cramping or discomfort! With a secure hold, you’re in complete control of the cooking tool, maximizing your kitchen safety.
- EASY TO CLEAN: Safe in the dishwasher, our kitchen peeler eliminates the hassle of your post-meal cleanup! Measuring just 6.5” in length, you can slip it into any drawer for simple organization and quick storage that doesn’t sacrifice valuable space.
- KITCHPOWER PEELER - Removes just the peel without digging into fruit beneath. Whatever the task, the peeler should handle bumps and curves with ease and without clogging or losing its edge.
- The Best Peeler You Will Ever Try - Great for peeling ALL vegetables and fruits, such as zucchini, carrots, potatoes, apples, citrus fruit tomatoes, peaches, plums and more.
- ERGONOMIC & SCIENTIFIC DESIGN - Ergonomic design works in right or left hand and maintains a firm grip and pressure to ensure peeling is effortless and safe. Handle is comfortable even during repetitive action peeling. You can easily remove bad piece on potato with convenient potato eye remover design.
- DOUBLE EDGE SERRATED BLADE : This Euro Peeler features a double edged serrated blade constructed of tough, rust-resistant 420 stainless steel. It is perfect for peeling all fruits and vegetables, including soft skin foods.
- ERGONOMIC HANDLE FOR COMFORT: The handle is well-balanced and ergonomically designed for comfort and smooth operation during use. The glossy ABS handle features a debossed logo, as well as a satin chrome plated bolster and endcap.
- PLASTIC GUARD INCLUDED: The KitchenAid Euro Peeler comes with a protective plastic blade cover. It also serves to keep the blade sharp when not in use.
- The Euro peeler features a sharp, swivel peeling blade.
- The peeler boasts an oversized ergonomic grip for added comfort and control.
- Durable, high carbon stainless steel construction resists rust for years of trouble-free use.
- Peelers for kitchen Set: Include the 3 in 1 multifunctional Y vegetable peeler. And a I potato peelers. Upgrade precision stainless steel blades, more hard and durable
- 3 in 1 Vegetable Peelers: Standard Blades: suitable for peeling hard peel. Serrated Blade: is more suitable for peeling soft fruit peel or smooth hard peel. As tomato, apple peeler. Julienne Peeler: Julienne carrot for make veggie sald have never been so simple.
- Potato Peelers for Kitchen: The peeler flexible blade save you time during food prep; easily removes bad chunks from potatoes with the convenient potato eye remover design
- 【Multi-Purpose Vegetable Fruit Peeler】 best for potato, vegetable, apple, veggie, carrot, mango, cucumber, tomato, onion, pear and more. Built-in potato-eye remover, high-quality kitchen utensils peeler.
- 【Dishwasher Safe & High Quality Material】The top high-quality rust-free carbon steel metal blade which better than stainless steel, and the zinc alloy body guaranteed non-rust, durable and anti-corrosion, dishwasher safe and easy to store.
- 【Ergonomic Design】Streamlined design makes peeling action smooth, meanwhile, the hand (Left Hand and Right Handed) won't feel uncomfortable, also good for arthritis hands.
- Light weight & strong quality
- Non-slip comfortable rubber handle that increases the ease of peeling
- Easy to use & clean Ergonomic Shape
- The ultimate all-purpose Y peeler in a set of 3 - ideal for a wide variety of fruit and vegetables (both soft and hard) and more
- Feature a razor-sharp straight carbon steel blade that maximizes smoothness and minimizes wastage
- Incorporates a convenient potato eye remover and is suitable for right and left-handed use
- 【Versatile and Efficient + Potato eye remover】Effortlessly peel Potato, Vegetable, apples, carrots, cucumbers, ginger, mangoes, tomatoes, onions, pears, veggie and more with these versatile peeler. Our peeler also features a convenient potato eye remover, making it easier to remove imperfections from potato and other vegetable.
- 【Upgrade Rust-Free Carbon Steel Material】Our vegetable peeler features an upgraded rust-free carbon steel Blade and a durable zinc alloy body, The hard Blade is superior to ordinary Stainless Steel. anti-corrosion properties, and non-rust features, ensuring long-lasting use. allowing for quick and efficient removal of tough-skinned Fruit and Vegetable.
- 【Ergonomic Design】Equipped with swiveling twin Blade and an ergonomically designed handle, The streamlined design of these peeler provides smooth and effortless peeling. They are comfortable to hold and use, making them suitable for both left-handed and right-handed individuals. Additionally, they are ideal for those with arthritis hands.
- SAFE AND EASY USE! Our peeler features a non-slip grip, which remains effective even when wet for maximum safety and control. Plus, the soft rubber handle relieves pressure on the hands, providing optimal comfort and ease of use for everyone, even those with weaker or arthritic hands.
- 100% RUSTPROOF! The premium grade stainless steel we use is durable and rustproof, so you no longer have to worry about getting it wet and can enjoy years of reliable performance!
- DISHWASHER SAFE! If you’ve been looking for a peeler that’s quick and easy to clean, then look no further! Our peelers can be hand washed or simply put in the dishwasher so you spend less time washing up and more time with your family!
- Sharp, durable, Japanese stainless steel blades won’t rust
- Straight Peeler all-purpose design for effortless prep
- Julienne Peeler creates precise strips of carrots, zucchini and more
- SHARPER BLADE: Our vegetable peeler is made with an ultra-sharp stainless steel blade that peels potatoes, carrots, apples, and many other fruits and vegetables. Never rust and, cuts through fruits or vegetable skin quickly and with precision.
- COMFORTABLE DESIGN: Our potato peeler's handle is larger than most and has a non-slip surface, is easy-to-grip and extremely comfortable. Peeling vegetables for everyone with no hand cramps.
- BUILT FOR LAST: Compact size, made with high-quality material. Ergonomic design works in right or left hand.
Buyer Guide to Choose Best Vegetable Peelers
The choice of the potato peeler can depend a lot on the price range you want to stick with. If you are willing to use arm strength, a model to be handled manually is undoubtedly the cheapest.
Such tools consist of an ergonomic handle that allows you to hold them safely and a blade of different types that will enable you to remove the peel from potatoes and fruit. These potato peelers do not allow you to finish the job in a short time as you can dedicate yourself to one vegetable at a time.
If you want to act faster, you can prefer a crank model that allows you to insert the potato for a long time and cut it into a spiral, making it ready for cooking.
If you are willing to spend more to save time, you can choose an electric model instead. This usually consists of a base on which to place the vegetable or fruit, which will then be stopped by a pinnacle. Once the blade has been positioned, start its action via a button.
In this case, make sure that the object supports a power supply because the simple use of the batteries may not be enough to make it act appropriately.
Type of Blade
Especially in manual models, the type of blade supplied is essential. It must first be made of stainless steel, which can be washed several times without rusting.
For potatoes, in particular, the one mounted on two-arm and Ypsilon-shaped structures is useful because it can slide better on the vegetable.
A serrated edge is more suitable for thin-skinned vegetables such as tomatoes because it manages to eliminate the rind without going too deep.
If you use it regularly, make sure that some spare parts are available so that you can use the potato peeler for a long time without having to replace it.
Some models also have side blades which are useful for eliminating the black dots of potatoes before doing the real job.
The Importance of The Handle
Still, with regard to manual potato peelers, it is good to make sure of the type of handle supplied. The review that users make of it deserves importance, but in general, it is preferable not to focus on those of metal and wood.
The former may not be easy to maneuver while the latter is often the place where bacteria nest. Very good are those in plastic, nylon, or silicone, which are usually soft and ergonomic.
They also give a touch of color to your kitchen because they are available in different shades that offer you a choice to combine this utensil with your decor.
Peeling potatoes is a tedious and tiring activity and is often undertaken only because you will be rewarded by the unmistakable flavor of the tasty tuber.
The easiest way to remove the peel is certainly to boil the potatoes until it detaches naturally from it. However, it takes a long time not only to cook them but also to wait for them to cool down to peel them safely, without getting burned.
The Potato Peeler
Who does not have all this time available must proceed in the old way, arming himself with a knife and a lot of patience. Fortunately, however, alternative solutions are possible on the market, which, at least, speed up the process.
The potato peeler should not be missing in any kitchen, and choosing one is very simple if you carefully consider your needs. You can find manuals, electric, equipped with interchangeable blades to peel vegetables, and so on.
How Much to Spend?
So initially evaluate how much you prefer to spend. If you are not going to invest a lot, you could opt for a simple manual single blade product, useful for peeling potatoes but also carrots.
If you don’t want to struggle even a little, there is the slightly more expensive solution, namely an electric potato peeler, equipped with batteries or an electrical power supply, which will do the job for you without having to move a muscle.
Among the features to take into consideration there is also the comfort of the handle, try to opt for an ergonomic potato peeler that does not tire excessively hands and wrists. The best have a rubberized and space-saving grip, to glide better on potatoes and save precious time.
Prepare the Potatoes
Whichever model you choose, to use it you need to carry out some essential steps, namely to prepare the potatoes. First of all, they must be washed thoroughly to remove any residual earth.
Immerse them first in a container with cold water and, by hand, rub them to clean them in the best way. Drain and give a quick rinse to the potatoes under a jet of water.
To ensure that the potato peeler works best and is able to cut the peel, we recommend drying the potatoes with a little paper to remove any residual water.