A pepper mill is an object that can not really be missing in the best kitchens. Thanks to this tool, it will be possible to season your favorite dishes easily using different types of fresh pepper and also other spices or salt.
You have just purchased a new pepper mill, maybe you have chosen it with a particular design, and you are ready to season your dishes with the freshly chopped spice. After buying the perfect model for you, read our short guide, we will give you suggestions to use this little accessory correctly and keep it in good condition for a long time.
Right below we had selected some of the best quality of pepper mills that are given below.
- Rotate tab to adjust Pepper Grinder setting from fine to coarse
- Non-corrosive ceramic Grinder won't absorb flavors or odors
- Clear BPA-free body shows when contents are running low
- 【Heavy-duty log carving body.】Each part of this wooden pepper mill is carved from an original piece of oak wood, you can feel the difference once you hold it in your hand.
- 【Excellent gear design.】 Using a set of high-quality hard ceramic grinders, our product can grind dry pepper with no more effort. And the durable ceramic material guaranteed you to stay away from unpleasant rust smell. Just spin the mill and enjoy the delicious spice.
- 【Keep dry and fresh.】Even dry peppercorns will breathe! A good nature wood container can help abord moisture. And the well-seld caps do a great job to keep dry.
- ADJUSTABLE GRIND SIZE: Gentle twist action easily grinds salt and pepper and quick-adjust knob allows for the perfect grind size
- SILICONE GRIP BASE: Removable silicone base provides secure grip on any surface
- PROTECT THE FINISH OF YOUR STOVESHELF: The silicone grip ring protects the finish of your StoveShelf so you don't have to worry about surface scratches
- ICONIC PEPPER MILL — The chocolate-colored Paris u’Select pepper mill enhances the flavors of the meals that you create. Precise and even grinding are the key words for this emblematic mill by Peugeot. Engineered and manufactured in France
- U’SELECT SETTINGS — Our patented system helps you select your desired grind. Twist to create your precise balance of flavor through six settings, from extra fine to very coarse. The two-stage grinding mechanism first effortlessly cracks and then grinds the peppercorns to the desired coarseness
- PRECISION GRIND — Through two centuries of experience, we have expertly engineered each pepper mill and mechanism specifically for the consistency and shape of peppercorns. We make the gears from stainless steel that is finished with a patented treatment to prevent corrosion and rust
- High Quality Glass - Brushed Stainless Steel Salt and Pepper Mill Set : Home EC Salt and Pepper Mills are easy to grip and made of the highest grade non-corrosive, brushed Stainless Steel, and BPA Free glass bottle. This salt grinder and pepper grinder set is a modern, classy and user friendly addition to your kitchen accessories. Perfect for a gourmet meal or dinner party. Great gift or party favor! *Salt and Pepper Not Included.
- Easily Adjustable Ceramic Grinder : Our Salt and Pepper Shakers have a larger heavy duty ceramic rotor than competitors. Just twist the knob at the top of each salt and pepper shaker to set your desired coarseness of salt, pepper, or spice. An Authentic HOME EC salt and pepper mill pair and funnel arrive in Branded Packaging with a foam tray to protect your salt and pepper grinder mills! Chef Ebook will be emailed.
- Stainless Steel Lid Caps = Fresh Spices & Clean Counters : Our tightly sealed stainless steel lid keeps your Himalayan sea salt, peppercorn medley, & spices fresh and long lasting by keeping out moisture. The salt and pepper grinders have the grinding mechanism on the top of the shakers, ensuring salt and pepper ends up only on your food, not all over your table or counter.
- ✅✅✅Professional for Quality Life - Made with Germany advanced carbon steel mechanism rotor. EBACO’s pepper grinder can grind for your desired coarseness, better than ceramic rotor. A finer and easier grinding makes a good start for our pleasant cooking.
- ✅✅Premium Food Grade Glass and Stainless Steel Cap- Refillable pepper grinder with food grade transparent glass which is safe and user friendly for easy refill. Stainless Steel grinder cap won't rust and is scratch proof.
- ✅✅Refillable & Large Capacity - Pepper grinder holds 3/4 cup of the pepper or spice, avoiding frequent refills. Pepper mill grinder’s wide opening ensures that you fill spices easily. We care about design details to satisfy your need and convenience.
- [ ADD SPICE TO YOUR MEALS ] – If you are looking for a convenient way of adding your favorite spices to your meals, then look no further than our oakwood pepper grinder. This grinder is suitable for use with a variety of spices such as pepper, sea salt, and Himalayan salt. The grinder will produce a fine grind that will ensure an even spread over your meals.
- [ PREMIUM QUALITY WOOD ] – We ensure that you only use a product that will be safe and durable for the whole period that it will last you. It is for this reason that we ensure we use premium quality oakwood to manufacture this pepper grinder to be sturdy, durable, and reliable for all-occasion use.
- [ EASY TO USE ] – The ease of use is the single most crucial factor that we consider when manufacturing and designing this pepper grinder for your use. It is for this reason that we make it easy to load spices on to the grinder by opening up the lid and proceeding to pour in the spice that one desires. Moreover, grinding is easy by turning the lid around while sprinkling all over the food.
- A kitchen or restaurant essential: 17" Walnut-Stained Real Wood, Hand-Turned Hotel Pepper Mill is a professional-quality mill that creates a stunning tablescape
- Customizable grinding: This professional-quality carbon-steel pepper grinder is fully adjustable from fine to coarse, able to provide whatever grind size your recipe book calls for; Simply loosen top nut for coarse particles and tighten for fine
- Professional quality: Our Hotel pepper mill has been used in commercial kitchens and restaurants for decades, providing reliable and consistent pepper grinding
- SALT AND PEPPER GRINDERS REFILLABLE SET - Add spicy elegance to your home: Modern brushed stainless steel blends perfectly with any decor. These salt & pepper mills look great on every dinner table. Easy to clean. Resists smudges & fingerprints. SALT AND PEPPER NOT INCLUDED.
- PEPPER GRINDER - High quality adjustable ceramic rotor: Manual grinder grinds your spices as coarse or fine as you like with the fast adjusting grinder. Handles peppercorns as well as exotic spices, sea salt and fine herbs.
- SALT AND PEPPER GRINDER - 365 - Day Money Back Warranty: We proudly back your purchase with our exclusive satisfaction guarantee. If anything goes wrong with your new salt & pepper mills, return them within 365 days for a full refund.
Things to Consider Before Buying Pepper Mills
Before starting to choose a model, you need to know that there are two main categories of pepper mills: manual and electric. The former is precisely the more classic ones, with the grinder activated by rotating the object by hand and can be used without any limit since their operation does not depend on batteries.
The electric ones are quite new on the market and can be very comfortable, just press a button to activate the grinding of the pepper or spice inserted. The electric pepper mill could be the ideal solution for those who do not have much strength in their hands or for those who need to use large quantities of ground spices for the preparation of dishes.
Depending on the amount of pepper you will need to grind, it will be appropriate to choose a model of suitable size. It is important to note that if you live alone, you will not want to buy a too large pepper mill because.
In addition to taking up space in your kitchen, you will not be able to consume large quantities of pepper on your own. On the contrary, for a family, a large model is more suitable, which can be used to season dishes for several people, lunch and dinner.
In any case, it is not convenient to buy too small models, also because, for better operation of the grinder, it is better to leave some free space inside the object. This is especially true if you choose an electric model that could easily jam if it is overfilled.
Design and Materials
As for the design of the device, we can only advise you to match it to the style of your kitchen. Usually, the electric pepper mills have a very modern aesthetic that goes well with design or modern environments.
While in a more “rustic” environment, a wooden model like the classic ones that had the grandmother can fit. Always make sure that the blades are of good quality, perhaps in ceramic, so you won’t risk breaking them after a few uses.
The products of the best brands also have top quality external materials, important for the protection of the object from accidental knocks or falls, therefore oriented towards composite models in stainless steel and resistant plastic. In most cases, the quality of the materials causes the price of the product to rise, but it is said that a reasonable compromise cannot be found.
How to Use a Pepper Mill?
Knowing the parts of the pepper mill will also help you understand how it works. Although there are several models on the market, in principle, we can argue that they are made up of a base containing the grinding mechanism.
In some types, it is located in the upper part, and the object must be overturned at the moment of use, while in others, it is placed in the lower part. Even the compartment in which to store the spice can be at different points of the mill.
Furthermore, some models give the possibility of being able to mince both salt and pepper, because they have two separate compartments.
Here we had shared a video guide about how to use and choose a perfect pepper mill for your kitchen.
Before moving on to using the pepper mill, we will have to fill it with granules. The first thing to do is to remove the cover, but, as we have seen in the guide, there are different models: for example, sometimes you have to unscrew the body.
Now that we have the compartment in front of us let’s start filling it. Our advice is never wholly to fill this small container, so you will have the opportunity to leave some air between the grains.
After placing the pepper in the appropriate accommodation, we can finally put our purchase into operation. Using the pepper mill may seem like a simple operation, and in fact, it is. However, we advise you to read the instructions when present.
For example, for some people, they could be instrumental in understanding if it is possible to adjust the thickness of the grind and how to do it. This possibility, offered by most of the products on sale, allows you to adjust the powder according to your tastes and also in relation to the dishes you will have to flavor.
If the grinder is manual, you must gently rotate the base to start the mechanism, while with the electric ones, just press the button after inserting the batteries.
After a certain period of use, it would be good to proceed with cleaning the small kitchen utensil. This care is not only useful for hygiene reasons but will also guarantee the durability of the pepper mill.
While the outer part is not a big problem, after all, only a non-abrasive cloth is needed, doubts can come to us regarding the grinding mechanisms. Within the tools, in fact, it is likely that there are some particles that get stuck.
To eliminate them, simply empty the compartment from the peppercorns and fill it with coarse salt, then activate the grinder. You will see that as the salt is minced, it also takes away the blocked waste. This little trick can be put into practice even when we notice that the grinder is not turning well.
We already recommended that you read the instructions, right? Here, on that sheet, you could also find out how to disassemble the grinding mechanism, as long as it is clearly possible for that particular model.
Also, for proper maintenance, before using the accessory to chop things other than pepper, make sure that the blades are suitable or you risk damaging them.