A prudent choice, which every parent must make, is that which concerns the mattress for the cot of your child. The market offers different types, for all seasons and in the most varied materials but which have a single purpose.
To offer a deep and healthy rest to the little one. But the choice may not be simple. But let’s try to clarify the various mattresses for the beds that the market offers.
Here we had selected some of the best crib mattresses that are listed below.
- SAFETY ALL THE WAY: This Dream On Me Crib Mattress is Greenguard Gold Certified and meets/exceeds all flammability (16 CFR 1632/1633), phthalate and lead tests. It is also designed, engineered, and proudly made in the USA, with a 10-year warranty.
- FIRM SUPPORT FOR YOUR GROWING CHILD: This Mattress has a 5” fiber core that provides the optimum foundation for your growing child and can be used for both infants and toddlers.
- EASY MAINTENANCE: The mattress has a waterproof, vented cover that keeps liquids and stains out to maintain hygienic & safe sleep conditions, and ensure freshness.
- Outer cover is 100% polyester fabric; inner core is 100% polyurethane foam
- GREENGUARD GOLD CERTIFIED: Certified products are screened for more than 10,000 chemicals and VOCs known to pollute indoor air
- CERTIPUR-US CERTIFIED FOAM: Certified flexible polyurethane foams meet CertiPUR-US program standards for content, emissions and durability, and are analyzed by independent, accredited testing laboratories
- WE PUT BABY’S SAFETY FIRST: Non-toxic construction is free from harmful materials/chemicals.General Note: Please allow 24 - 72 hours for your Mattress to regain its full shape. Any memory foam will expand faster in a warmer room. In cold temperature, at delivery, your mattress may take a bit longer to return to full sized from its compressed state.The expansion time of the mattress will vary as per the surrounding
- IDEAL FOR INFANTS AND TODDLERS: Premium sustainably sourced firm fiber core made from upcycled plastic bottles for a healthier, longer sleep for your newborn and toddler | SIZE: 27.5"W x 52"L x <6"H (fits standard cribs and toddler beds)
- WATERPROOF FOR EASY CLEANING: Durable, waterproof vinyl cover is easy to clean | Both sides of the mattress feature a waterproof cover, so flip the mattress when it comes time for your baby to move to a toddler bed for freshness
- Comfy: Made from a firmer foam base and topped with top quality memory foam this mattress combines durability, comfort, support, and luxury for the better night's sleep.
- Convenient: Comes with a removable machine washable utlra-soft cover for added softness. Our cover is waterproof, making Moms life much easier!
- Tested: The foam is CertiPur certified to be low VOC and free of heavy metals. The mattress meets or exceeds all US standarards for crib mattresses.
- WATERPROOF & STAIN RESISTANT 5" CRIB MATTRESS: Tear resistant 100% vinyl non-removable outer cover is waterproof and stain resistant to lock out spills or nighttime accidents and provide a dry hygienic sleeping environment for baby
- LIGHTWEIGHT & BREATHABLE: High density polyester fiber core maximizes airflow so little ones stay cool, dry and comfortable all night long; easily change baby's sheets or rotate the mattress without any heavy lifting
- ULTRA FIRM SUPPORT: Recommended crib mattress firmness to provide infants with optimal support and a safe sleep for their growing bodies. Designed to fit standard size cribs and toddler beds; dimensions: 52"L x 27.5"W x 5"H. Weight limit: 50 lb
- EXTRA FIRM & SUPPORT: The mattress 88 interwoven, heat tempered coils, 6-gauge steel border wire around perimeter of mattress offers a firm foundation and excellent support to meet the needs of your sleeping baby.General Note: Please allow 24 - 72 hours for your Mattress to regain its full shape. Any memory foam will expand faster in a warmer room. In cold temperature, at delivery, your mattress may take a bit longer to return to full sized from its compressed state.The expansion time of the mattress will vary as per the surrounding
- COMFORT & SAFETY ASSURED: Dual-sided cushion assures comfort. The twilight mattress comforts your infant and toddler. Flip and Rotate Mattress every 2-3 Months. Dream on Me Twilight Mattress is Greenguard Gold Certified, JPMA Certified and ASTM Certified
- FEATURES TO LOOK OUT FOR: The Reinforced, waterproof cover and lock stitched binding keeps prevents the liquid stains from seeping inside. Airflow pocket helps keep crib mattress fresh without the use of small metal vents.Top:Vinyl
- EXTRA SUPPORT & COMFORT: The inner core is constructed with extra firm Eco-fiber for extra support and Embossed Soft Vinyl Cover, Waterproof binding to keeps the mattress fresh adds to the comfort.General Note: Please allow 24 - 72 hours for your Mattress to regain its full shape. Any memory foam will expand faster in a warmer room. In cold temperature, at delivery, your mattress may take a bit longer to return to full sized from its compressed state.The expansion time of the mattress will vary as per the surrounding
- SAFETY ASSURED: Green Guard Gold Certified to ensure the highest level of health, safety and peace of mind. Made In the USA –Dream On Me Crib and Toddler Mattresses are designed, engineered and proudly made in the USA
- IDEAL CHOICE FOR YOUR MINI CRIBS: This baby mattress fits most mini cribs and portable cribs; mattress measures 37"L x 24"W x 3"H (not designed for standard cribs or pack 'n plays) | measure your crib first to ensure a perfect fit.Top:Foam
- EXCITING FEATURES: Lightweight; 80 interwoven, heat tempered coils offers a firm foundation and excellent support.General Note: Please allow 24 - 72 hours for your Mattress to regain its full shape. Any memory foam will expand faster in a warmer room. In cold temperature, at delivery, your mattress may take a bit longer to return to full sized from its compressed state.The expansion time of the mattress will vary as per the surrounding
- SAFETY FIRST, ALWAYS: Passes all Flammability tests (16 CFR 1632 /1633), GREENGUARD Gold Certified for a healthy indoor environment for your baby, 30 Day Warranty
- STRIKING HIGHLIGHTS: 2 layers offering cushioned comfort for infants and toddler.
- Safety Certifications: Meets flammability, lead, phthalate and CPSIA testing and does not contain toxic fire retardants. The crib mattress meets the 16 CFR 1632 /1633 and 16 CFR 1241 Federal Flammability tests.
- Firm Support：The mattress is made of premium foam, is firm which provides good support. It protects the baby's bone development well.
- Comfy & Stylish: The surface fabric of the crib mattress is made of cotton, is soft. This crib mattress combines durability, comfort and stylish.
- PREMIUM MATERIALS & WELL-CRAFTED: The crib mattress protector is made of food-grade material with good water-resistance (TPU) and comfortable touch (super soft microfiber surface). Besides, the nice quilting process makes the crib mattress protector stable, elegant, and prolongs the life of your crib mattress.
- 100% WATERPROOF & NOISELSS: The inner surface of the crib mattress protector effectively against URINE, MILK, SWEAT or other liquids soaking into the valuable crib mattress. And we perfectly balance the thickness of membrane that keeps the crib mattress protector soft and silent, it remains quiet however you little one turns.
- SKIN FRIENDLY & SOFT & ABSORBENT: Premium 4 layers design differentiate Biloban crib mattress protector from others with only 3 layers. The 1st layer is gentle microfiber for baby's delicate skin. 2nd quilted and absorbent fiber filling for extra padding and support, 3rd breathable moisture-wicking fabric keeps baby warm in winter and cool in summer; 4th waterproof TPU backing serves as a barrier to prevent liquids soaking into the mattress.
- 【No Seams - Fits all 54 "x29.5" cribs】We use hand sewing techniques to provide a tight fit to the crib every time. No risk of unsafe space or losing pacifiers, toys on either side or corner of your crib. And this comfortable Crib & Toddler mattress meets 16-CFR-1633,16-CFR-1632,16-CFR-1241 standard.
- 【Support】The crib mattress Made of soft and strong high grade memory foam. It has good support and stability when baby rolls over to avoid the risk of physical injury and suffocation.
- 【Quiet and odorless】The surface of the crib mattress is made of high-grade velvet. The toddler mattress is very quiet and does not emit a pungent smell.More importantly, it is a breathable and non-toxic material.
- 2-in-1 Mattress; 2 different firmness levels: extra firm support for infants; and additional cushioning for toddlers; Made with a high-density thermo-bonded core made from polyester fibers
- Lightweight and durable; 100% Polypropylene outer cover that is waterproof and stain resistant to easily wipe clean
- Fits standard crib with internal measurements of 28⅝ in; X 53 in; Mattress dimensions: 52"L x 27.5"W x 5"H. Weight limit: 50 lb
Buying Guide to Select the Best Crib Mattress
It is not enough to compare prices, often at the same cost, you can take home a mattress for a bed of excellent artistry, compared to others that do not have the same requirements.
The quality of the materials used to make the mattress is directly proportional to the ability to offer a restful and peaceful sleep to the sleeping baby. The classification of the best materials sees certified ones in the top, in which the absence of toxic or, sometimes, recycled substances is ascertained.
The structure, then, better that it is made of breathable material, such as fibre, or that new sleeping solutions such as latex, or timeless natural raw materials such as wool or horsehair are used.
Attention to Safety
It looks like a secondary detail, but the presence of any zippers or buttons should be kept in sight. No shortage of reviews warns of the risk of accidents due to a crack discovered by curious little hands that, by rummaging or during movements in their sleep, could get hurt by getting stuck. In this case, it is sufficient to cover the mattress well to avoid problems.
The presence of hinges, however, is indicative of the possibility of removing the mattress easily to wash it and make it air properly for the need, however, with a certain frequency to limit the development of mites or bacteria.
There is no great variability between the measures, although sometimes the best brand is the one that offers variants of even a few centimetres to fit best the bed that must be completed by the mattress for the child.
Our guide ends by putting this little flea in your ear: when choosing the right mattress, be sure to take the measurements of the structure in which it is placed well.
If these were different from those usually on the market, a local manufacturer would certainly be able to create a customized product without requiring too much investment.
Hypoallergenic Fabric and Sponge Padding
The choice of fabric for the lining is made following the reference legislation regarding the production of items dedicated to very early childhood. It is made of cotton, and also, it is guaranteed for its hypoallergenic properties.
The mattress is made entirely in Germany, according to the strict regulations in force in the country and great attention is paid to its ability to limit the occurrence of intolerances or inflammations due to direct or non-direct contact with the raw materials used for the mattress.
How to Select a Baby Mattress
When moving from a womb to a cozy cot, the purchase of a mattress suitable for your baby passes through some fundamental choices in the field.
In this guide, we have decided to provide the user with a series of indications for correct use and pleasant rest for the little one. Here we also shared a video guide in which we shared some tips about choosing the best crib mattresses.
Without a doubt, the first choice concerns which type of material the mattress must be made of, and it’s quality. The most suitable are those produced in fibre, better if they also have a small layer of memory foam.
This is nothing more than a dense polyurethane-based foam to which substances are added to alter its density.
Many young children suffer from allergies to dust mites. To give them a peaceful sleep, you can opt for a mattress built in X-Static, a mixture of silver and textile fibres that becomes very effective in eliminating almost 94% of the bacteria that are the favourite “food” of mites.
Also, these mattresses do not contain chemicals, and therefore do not present a risk of toxicity for the child.
In the field of mattresses for children’s beds, nanotechnologies are increasingly taking hold even to have mattresses that release delicate fragrances thanks to the inclusion of microparticles.
For example, a mattress built with nanotechnologies can smell like chamomile or even have an odour that keeps mosquitoes away but that in no way impregnates the delicate skin of the child.
These mattresses are among the most expensive, but who wouldn’t spend a few euros more for the well-being of their little one?
A mattress for a cot intended for a child’s rest must also be safe. The problems could derive from the presence of zippers and buttons, which, for some reason, could become dangerous for the safety of the child.
A zipper can cut, and a button can be swallowed. For this reason, it is better to concentrate on a mattress without these accessories, or at least cover it properly to avoid that they come into contact with the baby.
It would be ideal every day to let the mattress get some air, but it is clear that this operation is very difficult, especially in the first years of the child’s life.
But experts advise that at least once every two weeks the mattress should be turned, especially if it rests on a closed structure that does not allow the circulation of air in the least.
All mattresses for children’s beds must comply with the strictest rules and regulations for this type of accessory. Furthermore, the materials with which they are made must be certified.
These mandatory characteristics are a guarantee of quality and risk reduction for dads and mothers that a child may incur while resting.