The bathroom is a room in which it is straightforward for water to drip: for this reason, it is advisable to choose a rug that helps to absorb them. In addition, this product is able to make your exit from the shower more pleasant and give a touch of liveliness to the furniture.
Consult our guide to get some ideas on how to buy the most valid model on the market. Compare the prices of the products below to find the most convenient one for your pocket.
Here we had listed out the best bathroom rugs that are present below.
- [Luxuriate in Pure Comfort] Treat your feet to the softest, coziest microfiber imaginable. With its plush pile, nearly one inch thick, our bath mat soothes and warms your feet, protecting them from the cold floor below. Enhance your bathroom decor with OLANLY's captivating bath mat. Its gradient color stripe design seamlessly blends stripes for an eye-catching pattern that adds sophistication to your space.
- [Ultra-Absorbent and Quick-Drying] Our bath mat features a soft shaggy microfiber fabric that prevents water from dripping onto your floors as you step out of the bath, shower, or while getting ready by the sink. Additionally, the mat's deep pile effectively traps moisture, enabling it to dry rapidly and leave your rug clean and dry.
- [Long-lasting and Durable] Unlike other brands that use PVC or hot glue, we've built ours with a resilient TP rubber backing. While PVC and hot glue weaken over time, our TP rubber mats are designed to withstand repeated washing and drying.
- Plush Feel - Sink into dreamy softness enveloping your feet after your bath. This rug is made out of high-pile chenille for the plushest sensation that will make you feel luxuriously pampered and grant you a fuzzy warm welcome instead of the harsh, cold floor.
- Absorbent Rug - Instantly dry your feet as you step out of the shower just by standing on this magically absorbent shaggy rug. Protect your floor from water damage by having the mat pat your soles dry and catch the drippings from your hair.
- Quick Dry - Crafted of specially formulated microfiber, the rug air-dries in minutes but is also safe for machine washing and drying without losing its soft feel or sharp color. Won’t retain moisture, preventing odors.
- 【PREMIUM CHEILLE BATH MAT SET】: You will get 20"x 47" & 16"x24" bathroom rug sets, which are made of high quality fluffy plush chenille microfibers. The soft fibers are very dense and not easily turn deflated after use, soothing your tired feet and shielding your toes from the cold floor. The density and plushness of our pile surpass that of most other brands.
- 【EXTRA ABSORBENT BATHROOM RUG】: The luxury performance chenille microfibers can quickly absorb moisture from your feet when you step out of the bath or shower, and save your floors from dripping water, and dries quickly, making your feet feel the ultimate luxury enjoyment
- 【NON-SLIP/BREATHABLE】: High quality hot melt adhesive backing to keep the carpet firmly in place and prevent shifting and skidding. Provide better security for families with children or the elder. Attention: The bath rug underlay should be clean, flat, and dry before placing the mat on the floor. Water or dust under mat may cause slippage.
- Non-Slip PVC Bottom - Non slip bottom features high quality mesh PVC material to prevent the mat from shifting and skidding, protecting you and family from any slipping in the bathroom. WARNING: Place mat on CLEAN DRY FLAT FLOOR ONLY. Water under rug can cause it to slip. Always keep bottom of rug dry.
- Soft & Warm - our bath mat for home is constructed with thousands of individual polyester shags, sink your toes into the comfortable contentment of a bathtoom floor mat from threshold. Soft pile that soothes tired foot and shields toes from the cold floor.
- Ultra Absorbent - SONORO KATE Bathroom mats are made of thousands of ultra-soft individual microfiber shags. The thick chenille fabric absorbs water quickly to help save your floors from dripping water while you're getting out of the bath, shower or getting ready by the sink; Moisture is trapped in the mat's 1.16'' deep piles, allowing the bath rug to dry quickly and cleanly.
- [ MULTIPLE MACHINE WASHES WITHOUT CLUMPING OR TANGLING ] Our fluffy bathroom rug can maintains its pristine shape and texture even after numerous machine washes. Unlike other bath mats on the market prone to clumping and tangling, our plush bath rug is crafted from durable, reliable materials that ensure long-lasting use. Cleaning is a breeze—whether hand-washing or using a machine, this bath mat emerges looking brand new, maintaining its quality through time
- [ FLUFFY SOFTNESS & RESILIENT AGAINST FOOT TRAFFIC] Yimobra's luxurious bathroom rugs have been elevated with new elastic microfiber, ensuring the preservation of their fresh appearance and plush feel even after repeated use. With an ability to resist sinking or flattening, our rug offers an unparalleled walking experience, akin to strolling on clouds. The rug's thickness and softness are especially convenient for tasks like bathing kids, providing a comfortable surface to kneel on
- [ ULTRA-ABSORBENT & QUICK-DRYING ] Our plush bath rugs for the bathroom showcase a dense pile of absorbent fibers that effortlessly soak up water. Step onto the mat with confidence right after your shower, preventing any water from being tracked onto your bathroom floor. The high-density material excels not only in moisture absorption but also in providing a cushioned haven for your feet, ensuring warmth and coziness even on the coldest tiles
- SOFT AND THICK CHENILLE: pamper your feet with the softest, coziest chenille; measuring almost one inch thick, plush pile helps soothe feet and keeps toes warm from the cold floor below
- ULTRA ABSORBENT: our most absorbent bath rug; dense chenille pile captures extra moisture helping to keep your floors clean while stepping out of the bath, shower, or standing at the sink
- TEXTURED RUBBER BACKING: unlike other brands who use PVC or hot glue, our bath rugs are constructed with a durable TP Rubber Backing. PVC and hot glue break down as mats are washed whereas, our TP Rubber mats have been third party tested to be washed and dried over and over again for long lasting use
- BATHROOM RUG SET——There are 2 bath mats in this set. The 2 bath mats for bathroom non slip are in 2 different sizes. They are 32x20 inch and 20x20 inch U shape. The 32x20 inch bath mats for bathroom could be placed next to the tub or shower door, and the 20x20 inch U shape bath mats for bathroom could be placed in front of the toilet.
- VERY SOFT——The bathroom rug set is made of very dense chenille. It is thick and soft and could give you a very comfortable touch, just like stepping on cloud. This comfortable feeling could bring more beauty and happiness to your life.
- VERY ABSORBENT——These bath rug can soak up the water quickly. Fluff will instantly absorb moisture from your feet to avoid wetting your floor. It keeps your feet dry and comfortable.
- Ultra Soft Bathroom Rugs Sets: Pauwer microfiber shaggy bathroom floor mats are made of high-quality microfiber material, which provides a soft and comfortable massage feeling for your feet
- Extra Absorbent Bath Mats: These upgraded luxury bathroom rugs sets are made of microfiber, and the moisture is trapped in the deep pile of the mat.
- Non-Slip Bath Mat: The newer version of TPR adhesive makes the 3 pieces bathroom rugs sets more durable, can maintain the new appearance year after year, and can firmly grasp the ground.
- [Super Quality and Comfort] Made of ultra-soft microfiber coral velvet outer material and thick cushion memory foam, this OLANLY memory foam bath rug forms to the shape of your body so that you can enjoy the comfort of standing on the clouds.
- [Ultra-Absorbent] While you are stepping out of bath, shower or getting ready by sink, this soft velvet microfiber layer helps your floor from dipping water. It prevents water to stay on the surface of the bath mat.
- [Non-Slip Backing] To prevent shifting and skidding, the bathroom mat contains a strong and durable PVC backing, unlike other brands where the rubber backing tends to wear and peel off after a number of washes. To prevent the rug from slipping, make sure to keep the floors dry underneath the rug and do not place the mat on a wet surface.
- ❤【PERFECT Bathroom Rugs 3 Piece】Our 3 pieces bathroom rugs Set includes 1 Small bath rug 16"x24", 1 u-shape toilet mat 20"x20", 1 large bath mat 20"x32". Chenille material, Pamper your feet! Our bath mat set features a luxurious, Thicker, and better constructed than most other rugs, Suitable for hotels, sauna, shower, gym for bathroom, bedroom, dining room, living room, and so on.
- ❤【NON-SLIP Bathroom rugs Set】Our bath rugs for bathroom set uses a Non-slip bottom is made of high-quality PVC material, the anti-skid backing has practically slip resistance on the tile floor surface, that it won’t slip or slide to keep you more safe and cozy, a friendly design for after taking shower old, child, pet. The rugs are much stronger and more durable for long-lasting use.
- ❤【ULTRA Soft Bath Rugs】Our bathroom carpet set for the bathroom is made of thousands of individual microfiber shags, which are softer and dense, cozy, fuzzy, comfortable, offer exceptional softness, and comfort to your toes, and protects your feet from the cold bathroom floor. Each microfiber pile is about 1" long, making your feet surrounded by thousands of individual microfiber shags.
- LUXURIOUS - This memory foam bath mat is filled with polyurethane foam to keep comfort under foot, while the velvet cover adds an extra touch of luxury.
- THICK MATERIALS - With strong, durable memory foam, this bathroom floor mat will make you feel like you're walking on a cloud every time you step out of the shower!
- VERSATILE - Don't stop at the shower. While these can be used as bath mats for bathroom floor use, you can place them anywhere - the kitchen, the vanity, the guest room - the choice is yours.
Buyer Guide to Choose Bathroom Rugs
How to choose the perfect rug for any type of bathroom. Guide to choosing the best model for your home bathroom. Materials: cotton, synthetic fiber, exotic wood, microfiber. Factors to evaluate the size, thickness, style. Basic price list.
In a room such as a bathroom which is heavily subject to humidity, with the floor often being wet and slippery, the carpet plays an important role in guaranteeing the safety and security of the people who frequent it.
Use and Materials
When the time comes to furnish your home, the objects to put in the bathrooms require special attention, as they must be aesthetically pleasing, but often they have essential functions to think about before worrying about their appearance.
An example is bathroom rugs, since their main task is not decorative, but is to provide comfort and safety.
In these rooms, in fact, we spend most of our time barefoot, especially after washing, so it will be far better to stay on a soft and dry surface rather than on a cold and hard floor.
As if that were not enough, these are able to absorb liquids, thus avoiding having to dry on the floor after each shower, to maintain hygiene and prevent slipping.
The water can be dangerous for our safety, but equally for the integrity of the floors themselves, as these could be adversely affected by any infiltrations. An accumulation of humidity could, in fact, lead to the formation of mold and bacteria.
Edible products must, therefore, have high absorbency, and at the same time, excellent resistance to wear and washing in the washing machine. The critical feature, however, is the ability to offer a good grip on the support surface, so that it does not inadvertently move when we step on it.
It is therefore advisable to look for models equipped with a non-slip layer at the base, or with individual anchoring suction cups. The materials on the market are many, and each has its own advantages.
The models with the enormous diffusion are those made with fabrics, natural or synthetic, as they offer the best advantages. The microfiber has the characteristic of not slip, so it can be used to create models that can be used from both sides, in order to reduce their wear.
On the contrary, cotton is softer and more comfortable but needs a new rubber base to guarantee our safety. It will, therefore, be easy to find bathroom rugs made with a mix of these two categories, in order to obtain a product with the best characteristics of both.
The memory foam is an innovative substance, whose exceptional softness is indicated to provide an incredible level of comfort. The natural fibers are definitely less soft, especially wood and bamboo, but they are perfect for those who love the ethnic décor, and have the advantage of drying very quickly.
It is essential to find rugs that do not stay wet for a long time since stagnation of humidity would lead to poor hygiene due to the proliferation of bacteria and bad smells.
For the same reason, of course, resistance to frequent washing is essential, since only the washing machine can guarantee impeccable cleaning.
The non-slip bathroom rugs made entirely of rubber are those to be placed on the bottom of the tub or on the shower tray, or just outside them, and are used exclusively to prevent us from falling.
They are therefore particularly useful in the presence of children and the elderly. Sometimes they are found in wood, or equipped with a thermometer to measure the water temperature.
Regardless of the material, when it comes to textile products, it is good to buy only those with Oeko-Tex Standard 100 certification, which guarantees the absence of substances harmful to our health.
Types and Sizes
Once we have chosen the material according to our preferences, we must focus on the size of the bathroom rugs. These can vary widely, especially if we consider the numerous types on the market.
In fact, there are not only large and rectangular bathroom rugs to be placed in the center of the room, in fact, but there are also even bathroom mats designed to be positioned precisely in front of the shower or bathtub, or shaped models to fit under the bidet and toilet.
In this way, any surface close to the water sources will be protected from splashes, and we can turn barefoot at any time without fear of cooling our feet or losing our balance.
The models of bathroom carpet to keep in a central position are comfortable when there is a large free surface, but in general, they are useful in rooms of all sizes, as long as you have few obstacles around.
In the case of long and narrow bathrooms, it is possible to find particular runner shapes, which can measure up to 140 cm in length, and are especially useful in the presence of two separate sinks.
Large bathroom rugs are also suitable for suspended sanitary fixtures, precisely because the floor will be more uncluttered.
If, on the other hand, we have to furnish rooms that are too large for a single bath mat, or full of obstacles due to the presence of additional furniture, it is better to opt for several small pieces to be distributed near all sources of water.
The key areas are close to the shower or bathtub, to avoid getting wet everywhere after washing, and to the sink, to allow us to remain barefoot when we brush our teeth or do other grooming activities.
Less frequent, but endowed with the same utility, are the so-called girowaters and girobidets, which have a characteristic U-shape designed to adapt to the base of these sanitary fixtures.
There are often real bathroom carpet sets, generally composed of the main piece and two U-shaped bathroom mats, but sometimes more supplied, to allow us to choose according to our needs.
A greater quantity of protections can prove essential if the floors are particularly delicate, for example, if they are made of wood to maintain continuity with the rest of the house.
It is important not to completely cover the free surfaces, to avoid obtaining a suffocating effect, and visually unpleasant. The market, therefore, offers many different sizes, although some of these are more widespread, to allow us to adapt them perfectly to the space available.
Last but not least, there is the thickness, which plays a fundamental role in the level of absorbency and comfort, like materials, and generally can range from about 1.5 to 4 cm.
The ability to absorb liquids increases with thickness, but is equally enhanced by a cantilevered surface, compared to a smooth one.
The presence of thick and soft fibers improves comfort. However, it is advisable to look for a good middle ground to facilitate washing and reduce the risk of accumulation of dust, hair, or talc.
Colors and Style
It can be said that the choice of the right shape and size of the bathroom rugs is about practicality, but also about the decorative factor.
Being a piece of furniture in full view, in fact, it will have to be carefully chosen to harmonize with the rest of the furniture, and if possible to give that extra touch of color or elegance needed to complete the image of the room.
The first feature to consider is undoubtedly the general style of the environment, as putting modern bathroom rugs together with vintage bathroom fixtures could create an unpleasant contrast to see. In general, the most common methods are
By choosing a rectangular bathroom rug, we can put it anywhere, varying in color for a perfect accord. However, it is possible to find any type of shape, form geometric ones, such as squares and circles, to natural ones, that is, drops or crescents, arriving at abstract design bathroom rugs.
For a classic and straightforward atmosphere, it is better to look for a smooth model with short hair, monochromatic and neutral colors.
If, on the other hand, we are looking for elegant bathroom rugs, we can range towards jacquard decorations, embossed or inlaid with threads of different colors and materials, sometimes even golden.
Then there are luxury bathroom rugs, which in addition to having decorations are often made with delicate fabrics, such as silk, regenerated leather, or cotton with unique processes, and tend to have thick, long and soft fur.
The simple shapes adapt equally well to modern or design bathroom rugs, which however will have different colors, often dark or of similar tones to the surrounding environment.
Sometimes, however, the modern bathroom rug can range from classic figures to add originality. To adapt to rustic or ethnic furnishings, it is better to opt for models in natural fibers, choosing weaves or bamboo strips, or focus on evocative patterns of these genres.
Finally, the most eccentric can choose original bathroom rugs, with strange shapes and patterns, sometimes even psychedelic, playing with contrasting and bright colors. Regardless of style, color choices can be made between
- Natural fantasies
- Geometric patterns
Opting for single color bathroom rugs is always the safe and straightforward option since even with them you can widely range, deciding whether to keep all the elements of the room in similar shades, or whether to focus on striking contrasts.
In the same way, choosing a bright color scheme will contribute significantly to giving a boost of life and warmth to the whole. The geometric patterns confer modernity unless it is mandala or optical reasons, which in fact will focus toward an ethnic or psychedelic style.
The natural ones are instead suitable for those who want to remember specific environments, using flowers or sea waves to evoke them.
Finally, the actual designs will be appreciated in the bathrooms of children, or those who want to have some art in any room. In general, the chromatic arrangement is to be made considering the tiles and other accessories such as towels, soap dishes, and more.
To help us in this sense, sometimes there are sets of bathroom rugs that even include towels. However, it will not be challenging to make the right choice, as the possibilities offered on the market are genuinely unlimited.
If, however, we want to be sure of a perfect match at all times, we will be able to buy different pieces, always to be ready to stock them when we wash them, but above all to change them according to the towels.
Cleaning and Washing
Maintaining a high level of hygiene is essential in all rooms of the house, but in the bathrooms, it is absolutely crucial, as it is an environment where humidity is often present in large quantities. A humid climate is ideal for the proliferation of bacteria, mold, and consequent bad smells, which tend to form in particular in towels and bathroom rugs. These are in fact the objects with the highest water absorption power using battery-powered water pumps, sometimes up to 4 times their own weight, and their shape represents the ideal hiding place for microorganisms. Ensuring an adequate state of cleanliness is rather simple, it will be enough to take some precautions, that is
- Spread them out to dry
- Free them from dust
- Wash them periodically
Despite almost all types are able to dry quickly collected by sketches, it is advisable to make them ventilate to accelerate the process when the amount of water absorbed is abundant.
It is also advisable to beat with a carpet beater, to remove dust, but above all to facilitate the passage of oxygen between the fibers of the tissues since some bacteria tend to be born in environments that are free of them.
If they are dry, they can be cleaned with a vacuum cleaner, also to eliminate more effectively any hair or pet hair. Washing should be done at least once a week. Therefore it is always recommended to have a spare bath mat so that we can replace it and not have to stay for a few days without protection for our floors.
Understanding how to wash bathroom rugs is quite simple, especially if their label gives us the ability to insert them in the washing machine. It is recommended to look for washable models between 40 ° and 60 ° C, to ensure sufficient heat to eliminate microorganisms.
Another useful tip can be to add an antibacterial detergent to the regular soap. It is not recommended to use fabric softener, because it waterproofs the fibers and reduces their soft power.
White vinegar can be used instead, which, in addition to disinfecting, also eliminates limestone, leaving the fibers soft and full of their potential.
It is good to pay attention to the color of the fabric if we want to insert it with other garments. However, it is preferable to wash it alone.
Care must be taken not to exceed the maximum load weight and the volume of the basket, therefore rigid and large bathroom rugs cannot be machine washed. If they are equipped with a layer of non-slip rubber, it is better to roll them with that side facing inwards.
In general, the materials suitable for this type of washing are fabrics, synthetic or natural, while wood or rubber are not indicated. However, it is essential not to use the centrifuge or the dryer, as an excess of rapid rotations could damage them. If instead, we have to carry out the cleaning by hand, the steps to follow are
- Remove stain if necessary.
- Use the tub or bowl
- Fill with water at 40 ° C
- Dilute detergent and antibacterial
- Immerse everything completely
- Soak at least 15 minutes
- Rinse with plenty of running water
- Wring out if the shape of the mat allows it
- Spread preferably in the open air away from direct light
To remove any stains, there are special stain removers. However, it is often sufficient to rub with vinegar or baking soda. After the dive, just wait for the fabrics to soak, stirring occasionally.
After extraction, it can be wrung out only if it does not have non-slip rubber. Otherwise, you just have to let it drip, and finally spread it out to dry.
It is essential to know how to clean also the non-slip bath mat to be inserted in the shower or on the bottom of the tub if we have it.
To remove any streaks and scale deposits, just use a mixture of white vinegar, baking soda and a little liquid detergent, rubbing it with a sponge or a brush over the entire surface.
If the material in question is wood and not rubber, a soft cloth should be used. Finally, just rinse thoroughly and spread it upright to dry.