Many underestimate their importance but using good quality keyboards dramatically improves the productivity of each job. Think about it: is the keyboard you are using right now comfortable? Does it perform the functions you feel you need? I bet the answer is no, so take five minutes to find what really is the best keyboard for you.
Until a few years ago, you were choosing a keyboard that was not too complicated, since you only found membrane keyboards on the market.
Then, with the renewed diffusion of models with mechanical switches, the situation changed and several market niches were born. But don’t worry, at the end of reading this guide you will know everything you need to know to make a targeted purchase. Here we will be listing the top 12 best gaming keyboards.
- [Mechanical blue switch]: pressing the switch makes loud click sound, crisp paragraph feeling, excellent input feeling, strong mechanical feeling and long service life, providing precise tactile feedback for gaming and typing.
- [Classic charming blue LED backlight]: customize multiple illuminated light effects with static and dynamic, supports about 20 kinds backlight modes, press Fn + Ins/ Home/ PgUp/ Del/ End/ PgDn/ ScrLK to switch , FN + ↑ / ↓ control backlight brightness, FN + -_ / =+ control backlight speed.
- [Full anti-ghosting keyboard]: all 87 keys are no conflict, allow multiple keys to work simultaneously with high speed for a reliable connection, have 12 multimedia keyboard, great for gamer, typist, programmer, writer etc.
- Mini portable 60% compact layout: MK-Box is a 68 keys mechanical keyboard have cute small size, separate arrow keys and all your F-keys you need, can use it for gaming or work while saving space.
- Mechanical red switch: characterized for being linear and smoother, slight key sound has no paragraph sense with minimal resistance, but fast action without a tactile bump feel which makes it easier to tap the keyboard.
- Classic charming blue LED backlit: Customize multiple illuminated LED light effects, supports about 15 backlight modes, press Fn + Ins can control it, FN + ←/→ control backlight speed, FN + ↑/↓ control backlight brightness.
- 【Sea Theme 60% Keyboard】: The theme style makes this 60% keyboard more unique. The matte translucent bottom cover will give your keyboard an incredibly smooth and clean feeling when RGB is turned off. When RGB is turned on, the frosted wall brings out the brilliance of RGB in all directions.
- 【 Plate & Switch 2 in 1 Silicone Pad (Newly Added) 】The gaming keyboard has added the latest 2in1 Silicone Pad, which provides a richer operating space for keyboard DIY enthusiasts. Pad can maximally absorb hollow sound and provide extra stable typing feeling.
- 【DIY Mini Keyboard】:Womier WK61 Mechanical keyboard come with 3 pcs sublimation keycaps that can be replaceable, You can freely match the colors you like. So that you can DIY and do whatever you want. In the hearts of players, WK61 is the most cost-effective DIY 60% mechanical keyboard. Meet your needs for custom keyboards.
- 🎊【Triple Modes Wireless Keyboard 】Supported 2.4G / Bluetooth 5.0/ USB wired three connection modes, the RGB gaming keyboard could freely connect with laptop, desktop, PC computer, tablet and etc. Long standby with 1850 mAh rechargeable battery support the bluetooth keyboard for hours working
- 🎁【60 Percent Compact Layout & Extended USB Hub】The RK61 Plus wireless gaming keyboard delivers big features compressed from large full keys keyboard into a 60% form-factor and free up more room for your mouse. Plus with extended USB hub port for easy connection to more USB devices
- 🎊【Quiet Hot Swappable Keyboard】Adopted with lastest SkyCyan switches, the 60% gaming keyboard could bring you a quieter and smoother typing experience than traditional linear switches. The ROYAL KLUDGE hot swappable is compatible with most of MX-similar mechanical switches freely (including Gateron, Cherry, etc.). Easily swap out the mechanical switches, and custom your keyboards depending upon your preference
- PC GAMING KEYBOARD AND GAMING MOUSE COMBO: Includes Redragon RGB Backlit Computer Gaming Keyboard and RGB Backlit Gaming Mouse. ALL-IN-ONE PC GAMER VALUE KIT, Fantastic for Gamers (New Improved Version)
- RGB BACKLIT GAMING KEYBOARD; 7 different RGB Lighting modes & effects, 4 backlight brightness levels, adjustable breathing speed. The keycaps offering clear uniform backlighting WIN key can be disabled for gaming. The PC Gaming Keyboard has been ergonomically designed to be a superb typing tool for office work as well. The gaming Keyboard is built to withstand the average liquid spill. The integrated wrist rest gives you the comfort you need for marathon gaming sessions
- MULTI MEDIA & ANTI GHOSTING; The Gaming Keyboard has 25 conflict free (n-Key Rollover) 10 Dedicated Multimedia keys plus 12 additional FN+ Multimedia keys (Total 114 keys). Keys are quiet, designed for longevity, durability delivering precise tactile feedback. Comes with Full numeric keypad and a gold-plated corrosion free USB connector for a reliable connection and ultimate Gaming performance
- Low-Profile Keys: With slimmer keycaps and shorter switches, enjoy natural hand positioning that allows for long hours of use with little strain
- Silent Membrane Switches: Perfect for those who prefer a quieter, more comfortable experience when gaming or typing
- Ergonomic Wrist Rest: Aligns to the keyboard and provides the perfect place to rest your wrists for support that’s vital during long periods of use
- 【Hot-swappable】: Hot-swap PCB allows you to replace 3 pins or 5pins switches freely, compatible with any MX-style switch (brands like Cherry, Gateron and Kailh, etc.)
- 【Gateron yellow switch 】: Light and Linear. very smooth, quiet, vertical pressing sensation with no clicky feel. Good for quick and long-time typing in the office, and gaming if you like
- 【Up to 3 Devices Connected】 Bluetooth wireless mechanical keyboard up to 3 matching devices recorded, ideal for PC/Laptop/Pad/Smart Phone. Press FN+E/R/T to switch in easy
- 💎【Rainbow Backlit Light Up Keyboard】There are 2 illumination modes and 3 brightness levels to choose from. ☼: Static backlight/off; FN+☼: Dynamic backlight. Fn+PgUp: Increase brightness; Fn+PgDn: Decrease brightness. FN+ /-: Adjust the speed of dynamic backlight. (𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞: 𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐛𝐨𝐰 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚𝐯𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞, 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐝𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞-𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭).
- 💎【Ergonomic Design with Wrist Rest】This silent keyboard features a scientific stepped keycap design, maximizing hand comfort during extended gaming or work sessions. It also provides an ergonomic typing angle (7°) and wrist support. All keys offer a soft touch, without loud clicking noises, allowing for late-night typing or gaming without disturbing others.
- 💎【Premium Metal Panel Keyboard】This rainbow backlit keyboard features a matte metal panel, enhancing both the overall tactile sensation of the keyboard and its durability and water resistance. Additionally, there are four drainage holes at the bottom of the LED keyboard to prevent any damage from liquid spills to the computer keyboard.
- Built with and for esports athletes for competition-level performance, speed and precision.
- Durable GX Blue Click switches deliver an audible and tactile click for a solid, secure keypress.
- Ultra-portable compact ten keyless design frees up table space for mouse movement. It’s easy to pack up and transport to tournaments.
- The compact tenkeyless design is the most popular form factor used by the pros, allowing you to position the keyboard for comfort and to maximize in-game performance.
- Our whisper quiet gaming switches with anti-ghosting technology for keystroke accuracy are made from durable low friction material for near silent use and guaranteed performance for over 20 million keypresses.
- Designed with IP32 Water & Dust Resistant for extra durability to prevent damage from liquids and dust particles, so you can continue to play no matter what happens to your keyboard.
- LIGHTSPEED wireless delivers pro-grade performance with flexibility and freedom from cords. Creates a clean aesthetic for battlestations. Delivers 40 hours on a single full charge.
- LIGHTSYNC technology provides RGB lighting that synchronizes lighting with any content. Personalize each key or create custom animations from ~16.8M colors with Logitech G HUB software.
- Low Profile mechanical switches offers the speed, accuracy and performance of a mechanical switch at half the height The GL Tactile switch produces a discernible bump at the point of actuation. Comes in 3 options: GL Tactile, GL Linear or GL Clicky.
- Powered by CORSAIR AXON Hyper-Processing Technology: Enables a new level of K70 performance, processing and transmitting your inputs up to 8x faster than conventional gaming keyboards with 8,000Hz hyper-polling, 4,000Hz key scanning, and up to 20 layers of hardware RGB lighting processing while maintaining speed performance.
- 100% CHERRY MX RGB Brown Mechanical Keyswitches: Feature a tactile bump mid-press for gamers and typists looking for light feedback, and are guaranteed for 100 million keystrokes.
- PBT DOUBLE-SHOT PRO Keycaps with Standard Bottom Row: A precision-molded keycap set with a standard bottom row layout resists wear, fading, and shine, with 1.5mm thickness for rigid stability.
Buying Guide to Select the Best Gaming Keyboards
After all, the keyboard, together with the mouse, is the peripheral with which you interface with the computer: you use it to write texts, to navigate the operating system, give commands inside video games.
There are also mouse + keyboard kits that allow you to have a more consistent input system. So, I repeat, do not make the choice lightly, and take the time to purchase.
If you exclude some small obstacle, and some choices to be made a priori, the reasoning that you must make in the purchase procedure of a keyboard is rather linear. What matters is that you have bright ideas on how you will use the device and what it will be its primary use.
The size of your next keyboard is perhaps the banalest choice in the purchase and the most decisive on how you will use it.
Maybe you don’t know that not all consoles have the same dimensions: there are standard keyboards, also called full size and too mini ones, which must be used, keeping them suspended in the air (or, often, as a case) with portable devices or with Smart TVs.
A keyboard can be tenkeyless, therefore without a numeric keypad. These keyboards offer a good user experience (comparable to full size, practically identical) but occupying a tiny space on the desk.
You have to choose the size of your next keyboard based on what will be its primary use and how much space you have available.
When buying a keyboard, always pay attention to the layout , a term used to define the design of the keys inside the console.
The layout nomenclature is established by the succession of the first three keys containing the letters of the alphabet: the Italian layout is the QWERTY, precisely because the primary keys in the upper left are, respectively, QWERTY.
If you buy an imported product, even from another European country, you can find a different layout: in Germany, for example, the QWERTZ is used, while in France the AZERTY.
Typing quickly on a keyboard requires experience and a good knowledge of the layout, so if you do not want to learn typing texts on the computer again, choose a model with a design you already know.
Differences Between Membrane Keyboards and Mechanical Keyboards
As I wrote above, mechanical keyboards are spreading in recent years . These are keyboards that use a single automatic switch for each key.
Which undoubtedly give advantages in the precision and certainty of the pressure. They are mainly preferred by gamers and almost always fall into the category of gaming keyboards .
This category of products makes use, very often, of keys with customizable RGB backlighting (therefore with many colors and as many scenographic effects when pressed). Still, it is not only an aesthetic question. Mechanical keyboards excel in some areas, but it must be said that the cost enormously more than the classic membrane keyboards that we have been used to for years.
In reality, the first keyboards were mechanical, but then we switched to membrane technologies for the latter’s lower cost.
The mechanical switches are combined with an electronic card explicitly designed to manage the behavior of the individual keys individually.
They generally offer these features: high key rollover, ie the ability to press a large number of keys simultaneously; anti-ghosting functions, therefore non-existent pressures are not recognized when several different keys are pressed; high polling rate, therefore the time interval between pressing a button and the next is very low for the latter to be detected.
Wireless Keyboards and Connectivity
A crucial point in choosing a keyboard is how to connect with the computer or paired peripheral. The times when you joined the device through a specific connector (P / S2) have passed, now keyboards almost always use a USB connector.
However, this only applies to keyboards that physically connect to your computer. But not all of them are like this.
I am of course referring to wireless keyboards , which in recent years have been spreading mainly for their convenience.
With a wireless keyboard, however, you will have a lightning response once the command is given, while totally eliminating the clutter of cables on the desk. There are two types: Bluetooth keyboards and Wi-Fi keyboards .
Trackpad and Programmable Keys
In keyboards, there can also be integrated pointing systems, such as trackpads or trackballs, which can move the screen cursor as if they were a mouse. They are handy for example with Smart TVs or tablets that have this feature in order to have everything you need inside the keyboard.
In addition, many keyboard models have additional keys compared to the standard and programmable keys. Then, for example, manage music playback, run applications, set different backlight modes, or perform a series of sequential actions set to speed up your workflow or your performance in video games.
We have already talked about RGB backlighting with mechanical keyboards, however backlighting can be a feature present on different types of keyboards. I suggest you, for example, if you have to write long texts at any time of the day.
Thanks to the backlight you can check the position of each key even in the dark, speeding up the use of the same keyboard in all circumstances. It can be useful, indeed in my opinion indispensable, even with mini-keyboards for Smart TVs.