Cooking enthusiasts cannot do without a perfect set of knives, which allows them to make all the dishes correctly. The first aspect to consider is the completeness of the chosen product, which must include all the pieces necessary to peel, cut, and mince the food. The guide we have created for you takes into account all these aspects.
A set of kitchen knives is made up of indispensable tools for any professional chef or aspiring chef. It can be composed of a minimum of 4 to a maximum of 15 pieces useful for performing the necessary preparations of the kitchen: chopping, dicing, peeling, peel, deboning, and filleting.
A good set should include a chef’s knife, a Santoku knife, one for peeling, one for boning, one for filleting and a knife for cutting bread. A wooden log accompanies some models while others by a case, essential accessories to protect them, to transport them outside the home, or to keep them on display in the kitchen. Here we will be listing the 10 best steak knives.
- SET OF 4: This Farberware set features (4), 4.5-inch steak knives.
- STAINLESS STEEL BLADE: Stainless steel rivets secure the full tang blades to the handle and ensure each knife is properly-weighted for a balance and control while cutting
- NEVER DULL: Each knife features a "Never Needs Sharpening" blade which ensure your knives are always at the ready to slice your food.
- 8 high-quality steak knives with triple-riveted handles
- Micro-serrated edges never need sharpening
- Forged from single piece of stain-resistant steel
- Frustrated with steak knives that hack up your steaks instead of smoothly slicing through? Home Hero’s 8-piece steak knife set features sharp, fully serrated stainless steel blades that cut effortlessly through meat. Covered in a durable nonstick coating, our blades go the extra mile and even prevent food from sticking to the knives, without altering the taste of your meal.
- While other kitchen knives often get rust spots after just one wash, our steak cutlery set is made of rust-resistant stainless steel to keep its blades spotless and performing at their best. Top-rack dishwasher safe for quick, easy clean-up. no rust, stains, or pitting!
- Unlike cheaply made knife sets with flimsy handles that break and bend, home hero’s kitchen knife set features extra sturdy, ergonomically designed polypropylene handles with a protective tpr coating for firm, easy, comfortable cutting. the perfect bridal shower gifts, stocking stuffers, and holiday gifts for women & men!
- 🎁【SURGICAL RUST-FREE STEEL BLADES - ULTIMATE SHARPNESS】Outstanding craftsmanship, cutting-edge technology, stunning design elements, and premium materials. Peak performance has never looked so good at this price.
- 🎁【PROFESSIONAL QUALITY AT ITS BEST】Incredibly sharp, full-tang, imported Thyssenkrupp high-carbon German steel, hand-sharpened to 16-18 degrees per side and expertly heat treated. Clean, straight cuts with 5" of razor sharp German steel honed to perfection. Rock-hollow dimples ensure meat falls off the blade.
- 🎁【A MULTI-PURPOSE KITCHEN DÉCOR MUST】Ergonomically designed. Beautiful handles design to maximize durability and stress tolerance. Traditional Polymer handles are industrial strength. A perfect mix of design & practicality!
- Chicago Cutlery Fusion Steak Knife Set, 6 Pieces
- The package length of the product is 11.25 inches
- The package width of the product is 6.63 inches
- Superior high-carbon stainless steel blades for precision and accuracy
- Forged, durable extra-wide safety bolster for perfect stability and control
- Stainless steel rivets to secure the full-tang blade to the ergonomically designed handle
- Includes 8 stainless steel steak knives and olivewood box
- Manufacturer's limited lifetime warranty
- Hand wash recommended; wipe clean box
- Made in Spain
- Fabricated from high-quality German stainless steel
- Fully forged construction offers durability and a seamless transition from blade to handle
- SET INCLUDES: 3-inch paring knife, 5-inch serrated utility knife, 7-inch santoku knife hollow edge, 8-inch Chef's Knife, 8-inch bread knife, Six 4.5-inch Steak Knife, Sharpening Steel Kitchen Shears, and Hardwood Block
- QUALITY MANUFACTURING: Knives fabricated from high-quality stainless steel
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND STRONG: Lightweight, full tang design yields maximum maneuverability
- QUALITY MANUFACTURING: Durable, corrosion resistant, stainless steel blades and handles. 1 piece construction with full tang
- NO SHARPENING REQUIRED: Serrated cutting edge never needs sharpening
- EASY CLEANUP: Dishwasher-safe
Buyer Guide to Choose the Best Steak Knives
A good set of knives is essential to add a touch of professionalism to the kitchen. The solutions available on the market are varied and to choose the most suitable for your needs to take a look at our guide.
Here you will find indications that can be useful to get a clearer idea, while in the ranking below you can read the review of the models most appreciated by users.
These indispensable kitchen utensils differ significantly in materials, price and number of knives which can range from three to twelve.
Some, however, should never be missing because they are the ones used most frequently, starting with the chef’s knife, the one with the triangular blade and curved tip, ideal for chopping, slicing, chopping and dicing, the basic operations for a large number of preparations.
A very similar knife is the santoku, typical of Japanese cuisine: well balanced, versatile, it is excellent for cutting and chopping meat, fish and, above all, vegetables. The serrated knife, thanks to the long notched blade, cuts the bread perfectly without crushing it.
The boner or Boucher is specific for slicing meat; thanks to the rigid blade, the small size and the curved end, it allows to sink the blow into the tissues without damaging them, thus allowing the boning and cleaning of the various pieces.
The model with long, narrow and smooth blade is, on the other hand, perfect for one of the most complicated operations to be performed without the right tool, the filleting of the fish, which requires skill in minimizing the parts to be thrown away and obtaining clean portions and abundant.
Small and stocky, the so-called paring knife is immediately recognizable and is very useful in precision cuts and comes into play, in particular, when you need to peel fruit and vegetables or when you need to cut quickly and accurately.
The list of knives could go on and the experts in the kitchen, probably, do not give up a knife with a smooth and long blade to cut roasts, the cleaver to split the bones, but that seen so far is, however, a piece of excellent equipment, more than enough for regular needs.
After establishing which and how many knives will make up your set, you will also have to decide which materials should be made. The choices, as regards the blades, are reduced to three: those in carbon steel are the cheapest, easy to sharpen but, if not cleaned and dried well each time, they rust more quickly.
Other possible solutions are stainless steel and stainless steel with a high concentration of carbon and other metals which, who compares prices and materials, will know that they have a higher cost. The advantages are greater hardness and strength.
Ceramic blades are also very popular, a material that stands out for its ability to maintain sharpening for longer; moreover, it does not transfer any flavour to food and does not destroy, but it could chip and be damaged more quickly because it is more fragile than steel.
As for the handle, plastic is a material appreciated above all because it is cheaper and does not absorb moisture and microorganisms; however, it is not ideal for those looking for maximum precision in cutting.
Stainless steel is durable and hygienic but could prove cumbersome and slide too easily. The wooden handle ensures high adherence, excellent dexterity but absorbs odours and microorganisms and cannot be washed in the dishwasher.
Sometimes the best brand of knives is recognized by the block it includes. Knives are dangerous utensils and must be kept with care.
The solutions are different, and a zippered case is the most practical for those who have to carry them, such as students engaged in catering or chefs always on the move.
For a domestic environment, you can opt for a block with magnetized sides that keeps the knives always in view, but it may not be enough to contain them all.
The wooden block is for many the best choice because inside the blade does not spoil, there is no risk of injury, and it has a design that often embellishes the whole kitchen.
Another alternative for storing knives is a magnetic bar for blades to be fixed to the wall, ideal for those with children in the house who put their hands everywhere.