To limit energy consumption without giving up a pleasant warmth in the home, that’s what thermostats promise, and do. Ultra-intelligent products climb the ranking of the best performing, yet there is a wide choice of devices capable of satisfying everyone’s tastes and wallets.
Below our review focuses on the highlights not to be overlooked when launching in search of the thermostat that can make a difference in terms of quality of life in our homes. Here we will be listing the top 14 best smart thermostats.
- No more programming: With Auto-Schedule, the Google Nest Learning Thermostat learns from you and programs itself.
- Home/Away Assist: don't heat or cool an empty home. Home/Away Assist adjusts the temperature after you leave.
- Remote control: Control your thermostat from anywhere using the Nest app.
- Save up to 26% annually on heating and cooling costs (compared to a hold of 72°F)
- Included SmartSensor extends comfort to your most important rooms
- Comes with Siri and Alexa Built-in for calls, music, and added control (Apple HomePod mini required to enable Siri)
- ENERGY STAR certified smart thermostat for home that helps you save energy and stay comfortable
- The Nest Thermostat is designed to work without a C wire in most homes, but for some systems, including heating only, cooling only, zone controlled, and heat pump systems, you’ll need a C wire or other compatible power accessory
- Nest Thermostat turns itself down when you leave, so you don’t waste energy heating or cooling an empty home
- COMFORT COMES IN YOUR COLOR. Personalize your Wi-Fi Smart Color Programmable Thermostat to fit your décor.
- YOUR SCHEDULE. YOUR WAY. Flexible programming options for your schedule or utility company’s peak rate pricing.
- EASY OPERATION AND INTUITIVE. Bright, easy-to-read touchscreen makes for simple operation.
- Privacy Protection: Sensi Won’T Sell Your Personal Information To Third Parties
- Save About 23% On Hvac Energy: The Energy Star-Certified Sensi Smart Thermostat Can Help You Save Energy With Features Like Flexible Scheduling, Remote Access And Usage Reports
- Easy Diy Installation: Use The Built-In Level And Step-By-Step App Instructions For A Quick Installation. Works With Hvac Equipment Found In Most Homes. Common Wire (C-Wire) Is Not Required In Most Applications
- Large touchscreen display makes it easy to set your preferred temperature or set a weekly schedule for automated adjustments.
- Set home and away temperatures to help save energy when you're not home. Temporary and permanent hold settings are also available for extended absences from home.
- 7-Day menu-driven programming with 4 periods per day.
- Country Of Origin: United States
- Model Number: TH4110U2005/U
- Item Package Dimension: 6.49999999337" L x 5.099999994798" W x 2.299999997654" H
- Mechanical operation, non-programmable thermostat
- Bi-Metal Temperature Sensor
- 120 - 240 volt, 4 wire. Easy to install and use.Compatible with baseboards. Can control up to 5,280 Watts.
- The T5 Smart thermostat is fully compatible with Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, Google Assistant, IFTTT, Cortana and other ecosystems
- 7-Day Flexible Scheduling or Location Based Temperature control (GeoFencing)
- Adaptive recovery learns how long it takes to achieve the right temperature at the right time and automatically runs your system to get to your desired temperature when you want it, with auto change from heat to cool
- EASY-TO-USE-APP. Choose from the Total Connect Comfort app or the Honeywell Home app to control your WiFi thermostat anytime, anywhere.
- SMART HOME INTEGRATION. The Wi-Fi 7-Day is compatible with voice assistant devices like Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Microsoft Cortana, and more.
- SIMPLE INSTALL FOR A DIY PROJECT. The Wi-Fi 7-Day Programmable Thermostat is easy to configure and install yourself.
- Made in United States
- Package length : 6.0"
- Package width : 2.0"
- Total Connect Comfort app available, remotely monitor/manage your homes comfort and energy use
- Energy Savings mode, and 7 day easy programming
- Custom Display, with on screen comfort information
- ENERGY STAR CERTIFIED. See your energy use in the Monthly Energy Report, and help save even more with a schedule that adapts to your lifestyle, and by connecting with your utility efficiency program
- AUTO HOME AND AWAY MODE. Adjust your thermostat from anywhere with your mobile device, or let your home automatically react to your schedule with geofencing
- MULTI-ROOM FOCUS. Add Smart Room Sensors to focus the temperature on multiple rooms for comfort where it matters to you. (Sensors sold separately). Wire Configuration - 4-Wire. Supports Wi-Fi 802.11 B/G/N 2.4 and 5 GHz
- Ideal replacement - this engine coolant thermostat housing directly replaces the original housing on specified vehicle years, makes and models
- Durable construction - this part is specifically designed to withstand extreme temperature changes and resist cracking and leaking
- Cost-effective and reliable - offers original manufacturer quality at lower cost than getting replacement at dealer
Best Smart Thermostats Buying Guide
Once upon a time, there was central heating and thousands of empty but warm houses. Those who live in condominiums know the difference between being able to choose when and for how long to activate the heating and above all to manage it to heat the house when there is a real need for it.
Since not everyone has the same times and lifestyles, being able to install a thermostat, or better, a chronothermostat, you get the undoubted advantage of finding a warm home on your return or starting the system only when the weather conditions require.
All the models offered on the market are made in such a way as to measure the temperature, inside or outside the house, so that the heating system works only when needed, limiting waste and consuming only what is necessary.
The search for the best brand of thermostats also passes by considering how smart the device is and how easy it is to manage it.
Traditional models operate via a mechanical device: a metal component inside, naturally subject to expansion or shrinkage depending on the climatic conditions, warns the method that the time has come to start the boiler.
But in our guide, there are also those models that, at a price perhaps a little higher, allow remote control, via telephone, the standard home landline, or even from a smartphone.
Using wireless technology and connecting to the home network, these latest generation thermostats can be controlled via the Internet to be activated even while traveling on the train returning home after a day of work.
Choosing a device of this type is not a simple undertaking given the proliferation of available functions. Another feature that, depending on family habits, is appropriate to look for is the possibility of programming the thermostat daily or weekly.
The difference consists in setting an operating plan, in the morning when you wake up or in the evening when you return, for example, that it is always the same throughout the cold season or that instead reflects the needs of a family always on the move with a schedule specific weekly.
Each day of the week can be set to postpone or anticipate the heating activation time according to your habits. Another feature that takes into consideration those who are often away from home is the possibility to preset the days when the system will not have to work.
Now it’s your turn, compare the recommended models’ prices and features before deciding on the purchase of the one that best suits your needs.
Hi-Tech Company of The Latest Generation
The French company Netatmo, although relatively young since it was founded only in 2011, has already gained some fame in the production sector relating to home automation and plant automation, especially those relating to home security, energy management, and air quality.
This company is known above all for the production of video cameras and sensors, both external and internal, internal sirens, smoke detectors, bells with a video camera, weather stations, air quality meters, thermostats, and valves; all strictly based on the latest generation microelectronics technology, with Smart features.
Self-Adaptive Intelligent Technology
The smart thermostat NTH01-FR-EC stands out primarily for its design drawing, signed by the famous French architect and designer Philippe Starck, but aesthetics is only the least of its positive aspects. For starters, it is compatible with a wide range of boilers: gas, oil, wood, and heat pumps.
The Smart features allow it to be controlled locally, acting directly on the thermostat, and remotely via the app that can be downloaded for free on smartphones and tablets. In this way, you can adjust the temperature or turn the boiler on or off even when you are at work or on the road, leaving home’s Wi-Fi connection active.
An additional advantage of this intelligent thermostat is its Auto-Adapt function, which allows it to adapt to usage habits and autonomously adjust settings to optimize comfort and consumption.
Portable and Complete with Accessories
The device is programmable and is also designed for integration with Netatmo intelligent valves, which, once installed on the radiators, allow them to be switched on, off, and the temperature regulated independently and remotely, as required.
In this way, it will be possible to turn on the radiators only in rooms where there is a real need for heating, and keep the others off or minimum temperature, to reduce energy consumption further.
The accessories are complete and include the user manual, the three AAA batteries for powering the device, the power supply, the adapter for the boiler, two relays, and everything needed for installation.
The double support solution was particularly appreciated, to leave the thermostat fixed to the wall or mobile, to move it according to the needs and to keep it on the bedside table during the night.