To choose the best-slatted base it is necessary to consider many aspects: the frame, the slats, and the shape of the mattress. Those who do not have significant problems can opt for metal and wooden slats of a certain thickness.
Those who have back problems, on the other hand, can favor orthopedic ones, which give more significant support to the offending parts of the body. Our guide can help you understand which aspects you cannot give up.
Here we will be listing the top 10 best slatted bed bases that are mostly used.
- MATTRESS SUPPORT FOR YOUR KIDS OR GUEST ROOM - With its sleek and compact silhouette, this durable and versatile metal frame looks great on its own or as part of a pair in your guest room or kids’ bedroom
- UNDER BED STORAGE - This 12 inch platform features 11 inches of under bed space perfect for storing extra odds and ends
- NO BOX SPRING NEEDED - Reliable metal slats are designed to support and extend the life of your latex, memory foam or spring mattress without the need for a box spring
- A ONE-AND-DONE SOLUTION - Why buy both a bed frame and box spring for your mattress. Our sturdy steel SmartBase lets you enjoy the benefits of both; And fear not - this hardworking frame only requires opposable thumbs to set-up
- NO BOX SPRING NEEDED - Platform is made with heavy steel that replaces your box spring, allowing you to rest your memory foam or spring mattress directly on top; Legs have plastic caps to protect your floors
- DIMENSIONS: 60" W x 80" L x 14" H
- Strong and sturdy steel frame, ideal for use with bunk beds, day beds, and recessed “sit-in” platform bed frames only. Note: Zinus platform beds are “sit-on” and therefore do not require a bunkie board
- Quick Lock Construction for fast and easy assembly with convenient and compact Packaging
- Offers additional support for Spring, Hybrid, and memory foam mattresses. Product dimensions: 79 x 59.5 x 1.6 inches
- Queen platform bed frame with wooden slat mattress foundation; no box Spring needed
- Mid-century modern style with 3. 5 inch solid wooden frame for better durability
- Noise free Construction with non-slip tape on the wooden slat for stability
- Go minimalist - Less is more, especially with this modern and boldly outlined foundation that lends both strength and understated sophistication to your bedroom - 2 qualities that never go out of style
- No box spring needed - Reliable metal slats are designed to support and extend the life of your latex, memory foam or spring mattress without the need for a box spring; For twin and full sizes, slats are spaced 5.5 to 5.9 inches apart
- Underbed clearance - A 14 inch platform features 12 inches of underbed space perfect for storing extra odds and ends
- Queen Platform Bed Frame; Measures 80 by 60 by 14 inches (LxWxH); Weighs 45 pounds
- 💪3000 lbs Heavy Duty Bed Frame; Constructed of strong and stainless steel, which makes NOAH MEGATRON bed foundation a real noise-free, non-shake & heavy duty bed frame. Supports up to 3000 lbs
- 🛌Anti-Slip Desgin; Unique top layer design keeps the mattress from sliding, no more irritated slip
- Queen platform bed frame with steel slat mattress foundation; No box spring needed
- Durable and noise free construction with heavy duty steel 9 leg and center bar support
- 12 inches vertical clearance for convenient under the bed storage space; Super sturdy and durable steel slats 100 percent steel construction
- PRACTICAL AND RELIABLE DESIGN - With an ultra-durable metal structure and over a foot of under bed clearance space for storing odds and ends, this metal foundation is an understated solution built for more than just great sleep
- NO BOX SPRING NEEDED - Durable steel slats support and extend the life of your latex,memory foam or spring mattress without the need for a box spring; twin size supports a maximum weight capacity of 350 lbs, while all other sizes can support up to 700 lbs
- EASY ASSEMBLY - Everything you need is efficiently packed into one box and shipped straight to your door; all parts, tools and instructions are included for easy, two-person assembly in under an hour
- Product dimensions: 75" L x 54" W x 14" H | Weight: 41.4 pounds
- Designed for sleepers up to 250 pounds
- Full size platform bed frame offers a quiet, noise-free, supportive foundation for a mattress. No box spring needed
Best Slatted Bed Bases Buying Guide
During the night, your back needs more rest, which can only be guaranteed thanks to a slatted base. Thanks to this system, it is, in fact, possible to balance the body weight when it is resting. If you are looking for the best brand, taking a look at our guide can help determine which features are the most important.
Base and Measure
The slatted base is usually equipped with a structure characterized by a frame, which can be made of metal, wood, or even acrylic. The slats can instead be made of wood, metal, or consist of a single rigid sheet.
An element of fundamental importance is the base, which in past times was made up precisely of a metal mesh. The very affordable price convinced everyone to buy it. Still, after using its rigidity was lost, causing not only noise but also back pain.
The most popular today is made up of wooden rods placed horizontally. At the same time, those with reasonably important problems with the spine can opt for the orthopedic one, which must be recommended by a doctor to not cause the opposite effect.
As far as the measures are concerned, it is logical that they must be such as to be able to comfortably accommodate a mattress of the same size or even be larger than the same. The standard ones vary from 80 x 190 cm for the single, to 120 x 190 cm for the square and a half, up to 160 x 190 cm for the double bed.
Frame and Slats
If you are used to comparing prices, check that a fair offer does not coincide with poor quality, especially of slats and frames. The latter must first of all be very resistant, to ensure a long life of the network. The presence of supports that reinforce the slats will be an element not to be underestimated to guarantee their life.
The slats are nothing more than strips able to distribute the weight of the body evenly during the night’s rest. Thanks to space between one element and the other, they also manage to allow the mattress to breathe without problems.
The dimensions may vary: the wide ones measure about 20 cm and are suitable for those who need greater rigidity. The small ones instead reach 10 cm and are quite elastic, the anatomical ones, finally, are even narrower and suitable for wooden and metal frames.
The slats can be fixed and adapt well to spring mattresses but not to latex ones. They are adjustable and positionable where you prefer, folding and specific for elderly people and with essential problems.
Consult our ranking to compare the characteristics of some of the most valid models on the market.
A Marriage Model
In addition to taking into account the user review to understand which is the most valid product on the market, it is essential to pay attention to some main points that determine the quality of a network.
As for a wedding model, in the presence of large weight imbalances, it is advisable to opt for two separate or one adjustable, even if more expensive, bed bases. In this way, both spouses will be able to rest well without sacrificing the other.
Often there is a great deal of focus on the choice of the mattress but not on that of the net. It ends up that we know a lot about mattresses, to the point of being able to present ourselves in a quiz competition.
Still, then if the question comes up on the net, the risk is to lose all the swag won up to that moment. But let’s leave aside the improbable quiz contest and go back to being severe because choosing the right bed base is essential for your sleep quality. There are different types, let’s go and discover them together.
The Slatted Base
Slatted frames are now a classic and are also the most common. One of the reasons for this diffusion is undoubted because the slatted base adapts to any type of mattress.
But it is not enough to go to the shopkeeper and say, “I want a slatted base,” you should also specify whether you prefer flexible or rigid slats.
The plastic ones have the advantage of optimally adapting to the body and therefore ensure excellent comfort. Rigid slats offer less support, and as they are not very elastic, they are also more likely to break.
The Suspension Network
The advantage of this particular network is that it guarantees personalized support. The suspensions are multi-directional and flexible and adapt to the movement of the body. So if you are one of those who turn and turn in bed at night, give us a little thought.
The Spring Net
The spring net is more suitable for mattresses of the same species, that is, spring. Its durability, compared with slatted bases, is less: it is very affected by wear and deforms. It is not recommended for those with back problems.
Another disadvantage is the following: it does not allow adequate air circulation, and therefore the mattress “does not breathe” as it should.
The Electrical Network
For the most modern and demanding, there is an electricity network. This can be slatted or suspended. The electrical system can assume different positions by merely operating the command: in practice a part of the body can be raised.