The grainy and fragrant Rice as you eat in the East is a delight to bring to the table to surprise your diners. We Italians, accustomed to the creaminess of the risotto, are not very familiar with the management of the starch that the cereal releases abundantly during cooking.
A good rice cooker can prepare a delicious accompaniment to dishes, as an alternative to the more Mediterranean bread, but without leaving lovers of tasty cuisine disappointed.
Here we had selected some of the best models of rice cookers that are listed below.
- Perfectly prepares 2 to 6 cups of any variety of cooked rice
- Simple, one-touch operation with automatic Keep-Warm
- Great for soups, jambalaya, chili and so much more!
- Perfectly prepares 2 to 4 cups of any variety of cooked rice
- Simple, one-touch operation with automatic Warm mode
- Easy-to-clean, nonstick removable inner pot
- 7 AUTOMATED CONTROLS: whether you are in the mood for steamed veggies, white rice, brown rice oatmeal, and risotto, you can accomplish it all with this perfect programed cooker. The possibilities are as creative as you are.
- CAPACITY & DIMENSIONS: up to 8-cup cooked (4-cup uncooked) rice, 2QT, perfect for individual and family use.
- EXTRA DURABLE COATING: 8x stronger coating for easy cleaning and scratch resistance. Healthier life every day.
- 16-Cup Capacity - Prepare anywhere from 3 to 16 cups of cooked rice, great for one large meal or to save as leftovers.
- Steaming Basket - The included steaming basket lets you make healthy meals with vegetables, fish, and more.
- Removable Nonstick Bowl - The nonstick cooking bowl is completely removable for easy dishwasher cleanup.
- Perfectly prepares 2 to 6 cups of any variety of cooked rice
- Steams meat and vegetables while rice cooks below
- Simple, one-touch operation with automatic keep-warm
- Multi-Functional Use – Whether you're in the mood for a hearty jambalaya, steamed veggies and rice, or a belly-warming soup, you can accomplish it all with your rice cooker. The possibilities are as creative as you are.
- One-Touch Operation – This cooker is a proud member of our “set it and forget it” mentality. The one-touch operation is fool-proof – just fill it, power on, and cook! BPA free
- Simultaneous Steaming – With the included steam tray, steam foods above while rice, soup, or any other meal simultaneously cooks below, allowing you to save time without sacrificing quality.
- More Than Rice with 18 Functions: Choose from different types of white and brown rice with texture options, 3 types of grains, 3 types of oats, steamed vegetables, slow cook soups, and sauté flavored rice. You can prepare three meals a day in one pot.
- Perfect Rice Every Time: Whether you're a cooking novice or an experienced home cook, our rice cooker uses fuzzy logic technology to automatically adjust the 7-step cooking process, ensuring that you can get fluffy and evenly results.
- Effortless Cooking: You can enjoy warm and fresh rice anytime with the automatic 24-hour keep warm and 24-hour delay timer functions.
- “Warm” feature keeps foods at perfect serving temperatures once the cooking cycle is completed
- Includes tempered Glass Lid to monitor food while cooking and Cooking and Warm Indicator Lights and Switch
- Non-stick removable cooking pot ideal for rice, oatmeal, stew, jambalaya and grains with modern white exterior
- COOK ENOUGH FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY: The large rice cooker steamer holds up to 10 cups of cooked or 5 cups of uncooked rice to easily feed the whole family.
- EASY TO USE WITH ONE-TOUCH CONTROLS: Just press one button to cook rice, steam vegetables and more. The electric rice cooker automatically switches to warm when cooking is complete. No watching needed.
- PERFECTLY COOK RICE, GRAINS & MORE: Whether you're making a healthy quinoa salad, cooking a side of brown rice, or steaming vegetables and fish, you'll cook them all to perfection with the press of one button in the 10 cup rice cooker.
- Multi-Functional Use – Whether you are in the mood for a hearty jambalaya, steamed veggies and rice, or even a fluffy cake (yes, cake! ) you can accomplish it all with your ARC-5000SB cooker. The possibilities are as creative as you are.
- Nutritious & Delicious – The built-in steam function allows for nutrient-rich meals to be prepared above while rice, soup, or any other meal addition cooks below, allowing you to save time without sacrificing quality. This multicooker not only includes all of your favorite cooking options, but also possesses the unique features of Slow Cook and Saute-then-Simmer STS, making meals rich, tasty, and a family favorite.
- Capacity & Dimensions – The ARC-5000SB has a 20-cup cooked capacity yielding anywhere from 4 to 20 cups of cooked rice and measures 11.2 x 10.8 x 11.4 inches
- Multi-menu cooking functions: Special settings for white/mixed riced, sushi rice, brown rice, GABA brown rice, long grain white rice, steel cut oatmeal and quick cooking
- Triple heater (bottom, side and lid) generate heat all around for even heating.Up to 3 cups / 0.54 liter. Capacity is measured in the approx. 6 oz. / 180mL rice measuring cup, using raw short grain white rice. Other grains may vary
- Dimensions (W x D x H):9-1/8 x 11-7/8 x 7-1/2 inches. Detachable and washable inner lid
- DASH Mini Rice Cooker Steamer with Removable Nonstick Pot, Keep Warm Function & Recipe Guide, Half Quart, for Soups, Stews, Grains & Oatmeal - Aqua
- QUICK plus EASY: Set it and forget it. Prep time is minutes (simply add water and your uncooked rice, pasta, or veggies), and press the cook button. Your steamed meal (or side) is ready in less than 20 minutes, with less clean up.
- KEEP WARM FUNCTION: Updated with a keep warm function and indicator light - never overheat or overcook ingredients again, making for a healthy, perfect meal each and every time.
Buyer Guide to Choose Rice Cookers
We have seen what are the best rice cookers currently on the market, now let’s deepen what the elements to be taken into account before purchasing is. The first factor in evaluating is the type of rice cooker, which can be a simple electric pot for steaming Rice or a more advanced appliance such as those common in Japan.
It is also important to observe the structure of the appliance: the size, weight, capacity, type of basket, the presence of handles. Once this is done, you must inquire about all the functions of the rice cooker. While the simpler and cheaper models, in fact, simply cook Rice and keep it warm at best, the more expensive ones have different cooking programs, to flawlessly cook all types of Rice.
Not Just Sushi
There is not only sushi on the rice cooker menu but a series of delicious and healthy possibilities that present themselves as a peculiar alternative to gluten without giving up carbohydrate intake.
The price you pay for the purchase of this pot allows you to have the same suggestion of the home and daily cooking of the East at home.
This method of cooking Rice is widespread in the countries that make it widely consumed, precisely because it can magnify its aromas and keep its consistency intact.
To choose the most suitable model you need to know the type of use that you intend to do, knowing if it will be used by a person or by the whole family will allow you to choose the appropriate capacity that goes from about a little more than half a litre up to 5 litres.
The construction material is also indicative of the quality of the appliance, which can be entirely in stainless steel or made to be insulating.
Those who compare prices usually want to maximize the return on their investment by managing to obtain more advantages from a single appliance.
In the ranking of the most popular rice cookers, there are also models capable of performing multiple functions, such as steaming, also other foods such as meats or vegetables.
The review of the best models does not fail to highlight the advantage that derives from the possibility of preparing a complete meal thanks to the rice cooker only, given that it does not have small dimensions.
Cookers offer different versions of his rice cooker, and we specifically focused on the one with a capacity of 1.8 litres, which equates to a maximum of ten cups of Rice.
Translated into practical terms, it means that with this appliance, you can satisfy the desire for risotto for up to five people. Alternatively, a higher capacity model (5 litres) is available, obviously sold at a higher price.
Just talking about the financial outlay, one of the most appreciable and appreciated aspects of the appliance is its cost, which makes it one of the cheapest rice cookers on the market.
Given the low price, it is easier to forgive a couple of defects that emerged during use, starting with the low non-stick properties of the base.
The consequence is that Rice will tend to stick, without affecting the taste but forcing, at the end of the meal, a certain cleaning job to remove all the ecchi.
Be careful also to insert the correct amount of water, because if you exceed the risk that it comes out, dirtying both the appliance and the kitchen, it is rather concrete.
Although it is an economical product, the manufacturing company did not want to skimp on the quality of the materials and, therefore, stainless steel is the master, both on the outside and in contact with food. In this way, you will have the guarantee of total non-toxicity as well as resistance and durability.
How to Use a Rice Cooker?
A rice cooker is an appliance that allows you to prepare Rice quickly, thus allowing you to save energy, with the cooperation of their low consumption.
Most of the models inside have a pot in which Rice is poured. Since the internal coating is non-stick, they can be easily cleaned but… keep on reading the article to find out how to use it and other curiosities.
Right below we had shared the video guide on how to use the rice cooker so make sure to have a look at that.
How Does It Work?
With this appliance it is difficult not to be able to obtain perfectly cooked Rice, however, as with all things, a little experience and some useful advice never hurt.
The operation is very simple: the Rice is placed in this sort of pot of the appliance, together with a quantity of cold water to be established according to the indications given in the instruction booklet or recipe.
The ideal would be to wash the rice before cooking. The appliance is switched on, which will bring the water to reach a temperature of 100 ° automatically.
As soon as the Rice is ready, and the remaining water evaporates, the temperature exceeds 100 °, and the appliance enters heating mode.
This understanding is no small thing because it means that Rice does not overcook and that we do not have to monitor cooking constantly. The Rice will remain warm and will not take on that unpleasant consistency of jelly, even if we do not serve it immediately.
Some rice cookers also work as a steamer, giving the possibility to cook a wide range of ingredients, such as vegetables, some types of meat, potatoes and fish.
As you know, steam cooking allows you to obtain tasty dishes but preserving all the nutrients; moreover, the vegetables also have a more pleasant and crunchy consistency.
By placing the special steamer on Rice, about ten minutes before the end of cooking, it is also possible to cook other ingredients at the same time, and we think of the advantage when we want to accompany this first course with zucchini or artichokes.
Not only Rice
We have seen what the main use of this appliance is, but do you know that other dishes can also be made using the rice cooker?
As it is easy to imagine, the other cereals can also be cooked using this technology. Therefore barley and spelt can be prepared without stress, simply by adding the right amount of water, which corresponds to what you would also use with a common pot.
But if so far things are intuitive enough, then you could be more enthusiastic about the possibility of preparing polenta easily, without the need to stir constantly. The result is lump-free and unburned, comfortable, isn’t it?
If you do not have an oven, you can also use the rice cooker to make small cakes, since the heat cycle is very similar to that obtained with the oven or with a saucepan.
The internal pan is also non-stick so you will avoid using a lot of butter or other fats, to prevent the mixture from sticking to the walls. By doing a little online research, you can find delicious recipes, which you can make in a short time.
For example, we have discovered that it is possible to prepare an omelette, simply by greasing the bottom of the pan a bit on which we will then pour the vegetables, previously sautéed in a pan, and the amalgam of eggs. The cooking cycle is then started, and the game is done.