In today’s guide we will talk about native deodorant, an essential element for personal hygiene that allows you to be calm when you sweat since it offers the same effectiveness as common deodorants, but is free of chemicals and respects the environment.
You probably already know what it is, and for this, you are looking for one. There is no single product because in the category of natural deodorants fall sticks, stones, creams, and much more. So how to choose the right one for you?
Don’t worry, in the article, we will not only introduce you to the best products currently on the market, but we will also explain how to choose the most suitable according to your needs.
Things to Consider Before Buying Native Deodorant
Before you start looking for a natural deodorant effective against sweat and bad smells, you need to get more information on this type of product. For example, what they are, what they are made of, and also how to create a natural deodorant at home.
Below, we present a comprehensive guide that will help you clear up any doubts you may have about these products.
What are deodorants?
As the name suggests, they are natural products made with organic ingredients that help control sweat and bad smell without disturbing the balance of the skin.
It is preventing the body from being exposed to harmful chemicals and contributing to good healthy lifestyle habits and well-being of the environment.
Advantages of Using Deodorants
There are many benefits that you will bring to your body if you decide to use chemical-free natural products. These include allowing your body to maintain its natural balance and better cope with any disease.
Here are the advantages that you will get by using natural deodorants.
- Health: Invest in healthy living habits, which will allow your body to stay in better condition, as it will no longer be exposed to chemicals.
- Wellness: Free your body from diseases such as cancer, Alzheimer’s, seizures, kidney, and bone problems.
- Environment: Promote a healthier environment, as you will not be contributing to the production of chemicals that alter the development of nature.
- Versatility: There are different formats of deodorants, focused on the needs of various organisms.
Common Ingredients Used to Make a Deodorant
Below we will talk about some products that are used to produce natural deodorants. The latter is 100% natural, brings benefits to your body, such as hydration and skincare, is inexpensive, and helps to protect the environment.
- Aloe Vera: It is obtained from the crushing of the aloe leaves, it is characterized by being gelatinous, and its color is transparent; Its properties are extraordinary because it provides hydration and regenerates the skin when it has suffered burns. It is an excellent alternative for sensitive skin that does not sweat too much.
- Walnut Leaves: They are used in natural cosmetics and infusions. An excellent formulation is obtained from the combination of Aloe Vera and Walnut leaves.
- Bicarbonate: It is one of the products most used by people with low perspiration. Its use is simple. It consists of applying the powder directly on the armpits or making a paste with water. However, it has two disadvantages, which are that it stains clothes easily and is not recommended for sensitive skin, as it irritates the first few applications.
- Baking Soda, corn starch, and coconut oil: An excellent alternative to decrease sweat. Its preparation consists of mixing three tablespoons of corn starch with coconut oil and a little baking soda; mix well until a cream that should be heated overheat until a solid consistency is obtained.
- Rock Alum: It is considered one of the most effective products as deodorant since it is a powerful bactericide; it is easy to apply; it is long-lasting and odorless.
- Vinegar: Like rock alum, it does not require prior preparation. It should only be applied to the armpits. It has two disadvantages, which are: its strong odor and its short duration of effectiveness against sweat and bad smell. It must, therefore, be applied several times a day.
- Lemon: It is a powerful bactericide that helps eliminate bad smells. It is usually used by people who sweat a little, as it has no antiperspirant effect. Furthermore, if used for a long time, it loses its effectiveness in fighting bad odor; nor is it very gentle on sensitive skin, since it irritates it easily.
- The Essential Oil of Tea Tree: The tea tree oil is great for the elimination of foul smell, which has bactericidal properties. Several studies have shown that tea tree essential oil is one of the most effective deodorants in treating sweating and bad smells.
How to Choose the Native Deodorant?
If you are determined to abandon conventional deodorants and start using natural ones, it is important to consider several criteria that we believe may interest you when purchasing this type of product.
Below we list some of them to have a better orientation. And also shared a video guide about how to apply deodorant properly.
We recommend you, every time you go to buy your natural deodorant, to consider aspects such as the ingredients used to produce it so that its characteristics adapt to the specific needs of your body.
That is, details such as the type of skin, if you have strong or moderate sweating, and the type of aroma you prefer. You can find this type of detail on the product labels.
At the front, they usually specify that it is 100% natural or put the word Free to indicate that it is a chemical-free product. In any case, you should carefully read the ingredients to verify that what they sold you in advertising is real.
Effectiveness in The Control of Sweat and Bad Smell
The chosen deodorant must meet your needs. Therefore, you should focus on checking if it is effective for your type of sweating.
You should also keep in mind that the ingredients of the chosen deodorant are antibacterial, which guarantees that you made a good choice.
One of the aspects you should consider when choosing your natural deodorant is its format, as some people prefer roll-on, stick, or others in cream.
This decision depends on personal taste. We also advise you to check the weight of the product depending on how much you use it so that it has the duration necessary for your needs.
Another important aspect that you may want to consider when choosing a natural deodorant is the certifications that the product or the laboratory that produces it has.
This will help you purchase the product with greater confidence since it has been subjected to tests that certify its effectiveness and its components.
Natural deodorants are a bet that some pharmacies make in order to improve people’s health through the production and trade of products that focus on promoting healthy habits and lifestyles. They also promote environmental protection, which we can see every day more deteriorated.
Take the step and start using natural products. They will help you strengthen your body and keep it away from the chemicals that affect it to a great extent. The consequences are not immediately noticeable but appear over time in the form of terrible, often fatal, diseases.