Mirror, a mirror of my longings, tell me what is the best makeup mirror in the realm? What allows you to evenly spread your eyeshadow, contouring, get the best shades, and much more, the mirror would say.
Thanks to numerous tutorials on methods and trends of makeup, today, more and more women are exhibiting professional makeup. This may have something to do with the growing demand for makeup mirrors.
The sure thing is that, over time, we are learning more and more useful information on makeup, and we can do authentic wonders directly from our bathroom or our bathroom cabinet.
Here we had selected some fo the best makeup mirrors that are given below.
Buyer Guide to Choose the Best Makeup Mirrors
Even if it is a product of practically daily use, there are still many things that surely you still don’t know about the makeup mirror.
So today, we want to answer the most frequent questions that many women ask themselves, to help you make the most of your mirror.
What Is a Makeup Mirror?
A makeup mirror is a perfect complement for all those cosmetic products you use daily. These mirrors are specially designed to optimize the application of makeup and improve results since they offer a clear image that allows you to pay attention to even the smallest details.
This type of mirrors has various advantages (and some disadvantages), and this is why they have become an indispensable item in the bathrooms or for the bathroom furniture of many women who want to achieve professional results with their makeup.
Advantages and Disadvantages
In the following table, we see the advantages and disadvantages we mentioned:
- They allow you to take care of every detail of the facial features
- Some have magnification
- Many have special lighting
- You can choose from many different models and formats
- They are cheap and very useful for daily use
- They require extra investment in cosmetic products
- Light can lead to an increase in energy consumption
- They can be uncomfortable if not used correctly
What Types of Makeup Mirrors Are There?
Fortunately, a wide variety of models, types, and sizes of makeup mirrors can be found. In this way, you will have the opportunity to choose the one that best suits your needs and with which you can focus as much as possible on makeup, both everyday and special occasions.
There are four main types of mirror:
- Fixed Make-Up Mirror: it hangs on a wall, like a normal bathroom mirror or dressing table, but its specific characteristics allow you to observe your face in more detail.
- Portable Make-Up Mirror: very useful to use outside the home or in different rooms (if it is not illuminated and the light in our bathroom is not exceptional). It is usually light, small in size, and easy to transport.
- Folding Makeup Mirror: for the most part, these mirrors hang on a wall but close like a triptych. They have the advantage of offering a face image from different perspectives.
- Extensible Makeup Mirror: it is like the traditional mirror that we find in many hotels (for example). It is attached to the wall via an extendable arm to move it closer or further away, depending on how comfortable you are.
The choice of one type of mirror over another will depend on both your tastes and the place where you will use it. The mirrors hanging on the walls are usually more stable and comfortable to use, but the portable ones can be taken anywhere, which undoubtedly represents a great advantage.
What Features Should a Good Makeup Mirror Have?
If what you are looking for is a perfect result for your makeup, you cannot be satisfied with mediocre products. You will always look for the best. Below we list all those features that professionals consider essential for a good makeup mirror. Take note!
- As for the material, the ideal is that it is made of metal. It will be heavier, but also more stable.
- Every self-respecting makeup mirror must be equipped with lighting, preferably LED or fluorescent.
- If your mirror is also a magnifier, it’s perfect. This feature will allow you to get professional results.
These are three very simple tips, but which make the difference between one mirror and another. If the models you are deciding to meet these requirements, you are on the right track.
These recommendations are essential, but if you are looking for something more specific, you can always turn to shop assistants.
What to Consider While Choosing the Makeup Mirror?
All professionals in the makeup world agree that lighting is one of the most important factors affecting the result. Therefore, it is important to follow their directions to choose a makeup mirror with an ideal light for the operation to which you will dedicate yourself.
Here are some of their tips:
- Choose a neutral white light, because it is the closest to natural light.
- Avoid too powerful or bright lighting, because you would only get to apply more makeup than necessary.
- The ideal is an opal or translucent bulbs. They reduce reflections and offer more uniform lighting.
- It is recommended to use more than one light point to obtain the so-called “cross light.”
- It is strictly forbidden to use zenithal light (the one that illuminates from above) unless you want to leave the house looking like a painting, of course.
If it works for professionals, why not try it too? Following these simple guidelines will help you improve your makeup, and you will immediately notice the difference. However important the light is, it is also a matter of practice. Don’t give up, and you will improve day after day.
Common Mistake to Avoid
Now that you know all the features that your ideal makeup mirror must-have don’t forget to use it correctly to get the best possible results. The most common mistake, however silly it may seem, is to wear makeup too close to the mirror.
In doing so, we think we can do it better, and instead, we couldn’t be more wrong. Makeup too close to the mirror does not allow you to have a general perspective of the face and the final result of the makeup.
So, the idea is to leave a distance of more or less a meter between you and the mirror. In this way, you can see the real result of what you are doing and not find yourself with a nice surprise when leaving home.
Magnification Level for A Makeup Mirror
It is increasingly common to find double-sided makeup mirrors, one of which magnifies the reflection. This feature is very useful, especially when you want to highlight some detail that requires precision, such as in the case of applying eyeliner.
Although there are many different magnification levels (from 2x up to 20x), not all of them are recommended for makeup. The ideal magnification is between 5x and 8x, as it offers a more detailed image, but without distorting.
If you increase the resolution of the magnification, it will be more difficult to see the result of the makeup. So even if high levels of magnification can be useful, for example, to shave the eyebrows, makeup should be avoided.
Where Should I Place the Makeup Mirror?
Before answering this question, you need to think about the type of makeup mirror you will use. If it is a fixed mirror, the choice of location must be carefully considered.
In these cases, the idea is to place it in a place where you feel comfortable and at a height that allows you to see your face completely.
If, on the other hand, you have chosen a table or portable mirror, you must worry above all about its stability. The fact that the mirror is on a stable surface is essential so that it does not move during makeup and to receive a clear image.