The arrival of a child forces you to buy numerous objects and products but, over time, you understand how some of these are not the best in comfort, especially when you happen to have to use them daily.
For example, the classic stroller, you may feel the need to place a less bulky one, more agile in moving and with reduced weight, to load it easily and quickly in the trunk of the car.
Inglesina, Cam, Chicco, Brevi, Peg Perego, and many others: among the top of the range and economic models, lightweight strollers are available in an infinite number of models, brands, and prices. But how to choose the best one?
Here is a practical guide to selecting the best lightweight stroller for your needs. It is an indispensable, light and functional object, useful for walks and excellent as a travel and airplane stroller. Here we will be listing the top 8 best lightweight strollers.
- LIGHTWEIGHT -- Travel friendly lightweight design (only 11.8 lbs), perfect for traveling and day trips. Disney Size Approved!The assembled dimensions are 17.6 x 29.9 x 41.7 inches
- EXTENDED CANOPY -- Three-tier, extended canopy for maximum UV protection. A peek-a-boo window so you can easily keep a watchful eye on your baby.
- EASY ONE-HAND FOLD -- Convenient one-hand and self-standing fold, perfect for car travel and vacations. Folded Dimensions: 18" W x 12" d x 34" h. All-terrain wheels and front suspension for a smooth ride
- Lightweight aluminum frame and a breeze to carry, at only 15 lbs.
- Folds quick and compact for easy storage
- Extra-large canopy provides added sun protection
- REVERSIBLE SEAT DESIGN – Change the way you look at umbrella strollers. The Summer 3Dflip Convenience Stroller has a unique reversible seat design that allows baby to face you when younger or face the world when they’re older and more curious. The folded dimensions are 40.38 x 13 x 9.50 inches
- LIGHTWEIGHT - A lightweight stroller makes any outing a little easier. The Summer 3Dflip Baby Stroller has a durable, lightweight aluminum frame and a large seat area, plus anti-shock front wheels and toe tapping rear wheel locks.
- FOR TRAVEL AND EVERYDAY – Whether you’re traveling or just on the go running everyday errands, having a lightweight, compact stroller is a must. With this one easy to use stroller, you’ll have both an everyday and travel stroller option.
- LIGHTWEIGHT – A lightweight stroller makes any outing a little easier. The Summer 3Dlite Convenience Stroller has a durable aluminum frame that weighs just 13 pounds and has a large seat area, plus anti-shock front wheels and lockable rear wheels
- FOR TRAVEL AND EVERYDAY – Whether you’re traveling or just on the go running everyday errands, having a lightweight, compact stroller is a must. With this one easy to use stroller, you’ll have both an everyday and travel stroller option
- 4-POSITION RECLINE - Keep your little one comfortable and safe at all times with the 4 position recline and 5 point safety harness. Maximum weight of child for this toddler stroller: 50 pounds
- Fully-featured lightweight stroller weighs less than 15 lb, perfect for adventures on the go
- Stroller accepts all Graco Infant Car Seats, for an easy transition from car to stroller; use from birth as a car seat carrier (infant car seat sold separately)
- Parent's tray with cup holders and storage keeps your essentials nearby
- Bundle includes: Full VISTA V2 stroller, matching bassinet, 1 set of upper adapters, matching RumbleSeat V2 accessory
- Enjoy a softer ride of the VISTA V2 pushing one child or three thanks to a new spring-action all-wheel suspension and slightly softer tires, extended canopies on the toddler seat and RumbleSeat accessory include zip out fabric that provide even more shade
- The toddler seat (comes with the V2) and RumbleSeat V2 accessory have a sliding shoulder adjustment, the entire harness system can be tightened or loosened in a singular motion for a precise fit for growing babies.
- EVERYDAY STROLLER – Use the Summer 3Dlite+ Convenience stroller as a lightweight stroller for everyday or as a travel stroller. It’s durable, with premium fabrics and stitching, and has parent-friendly features like an extra-large storage basket and more.
- LIGHTWEIGHT – The lightweight baby stroller has an aluminum frame and weighs only 14 pounds. It has a one-hand, multi-position adjustable recline seat with a 5-point safety harness. Not stain/water resistant
- COMPACT FOLD – This stroller has a compact fold and a padded carry strap, making it an ideal option for running errands all day or on your next big family trip.
- ULTRA-LIGHTWEIGHT -- Travel-friendly lightweight design (only 23 lbs) is perfect for traveling and day trips. The width of this stroller fully assembled is 31 inches which should allow this stroller to roll through any standard door smoothly.
- LARGE CANOPY -- Three-tier, extended canopy for maximum UV protection and coverage. A peek-a-boo window so you can easily keep a watchful eye on your baby.
- RECLINING SEAT -- Reclining seat offers 5-point safety restraint system and accommodates child to 40 pounds per seat. (80 lbs total) Seat does not recline completely flat. Seat Width - 12.5 Inch.
Buying Guide to Select the Best Lightweight Strollers
A light stroller is a valid alternative or addition to a more robust and heavy model. Compare the prices and performance of the models recommended in this guide, these are the most popular strollers this year.
Reliability and Robustness
The light stroller is usually purchased for short everyday activities and for trips out of town, is easy to store in the trunk.
Traditionally, the lightweight stroller is a more fragile model than its alternatives, from the trio to the duo. Not for this, however, one must be satisfied with the first, shaky model you encounter.
The best brand lightweight strollers will be robust enough to allow frequent and carefree use. The important thing is to focus on two key aspects: frame and wheels.
The frame must be made of a material that is strong enough to withstand the weight of the child and all the accessories and objects that, inevitably, you will end up attaching to the stroller or storing in the bags available without folding or, worse still, breaking.
The wheels, for their part, must be as large as possible and made of resistant materials. Light strollers traditionally have four, but three can also be found: they offer great handling and are quite agile in changing direction.
An element not to be underestimated when choosing the light stroller is the hood. Many of these products, in fact, mount sunshades that are absolutely insufficient to guarantee total protection and at all hours for the little one.
Fortunately, more and more manufacturers have grasped the importance of this element for their parents, and more and more models are now being seen, equipped with an integral hood, which protects the entire seat from the sun.
A valid alternative to these large canopies are the smaller ones, but capable of “following the sun”. In practice, they can be adjusted according to preference, detaching them from the back of the seat and moving them forward to follow the position of the sun.
Cute and useful is also the transparent window, which on the one hand allows you to always keep an eye on the child, on the other, it offers the opportunity to play the game of cuckoo, which all children love!
A light stroller must be comfortable both during the walk (evaluate the height of the handle well!) And when storing it, at home or in the car (check that, when closed, the stroller is actually small enough to fit comfortably in the trunk).
Many parents declare that they want to buy only strollers that “close with one hand”, but the truth is that there are great ones that, on the other hand, require two, but that at least always close on the first attempt and easily.
Instead of getting stuck and force ourselves into inhuman efforts. The important thing, therefore, is that the locking mechanism is simple and error-proof.
In summer it is useful to protect the stroller: here you will find reviews of some of the best mosquito nets for strollers, take a look.
Perfect for Going from Trio to City Walks
When the baby grows and increases its weight, it is important to find an alternative solution to the first means used for its transport. The model proposed by Foppapedretti lends itself well to accompany outdoor excursions. These even older children already walk but need a base to return to when they feel a little tired.
The total weight of the stroller is 8 kilos, a good performance for light models in this product category. To which must be added the importance of the child who begins to become important and that of the bags or other useful objects while travelling.
It is equipped with a convenient storage basket where you can store everything you need for the little one, from the snack to the water bottle, or mother’s, to keep your shopping and keep your hands free.
Sturdy and Light Structure
Light strollers often do not count on particular robustness, this model also suffers from the same defect common to many.
On the other hand, the wheels are stable and cushioned, in this way they manage to absorb impacts against pebbles or some road imperfections. Maneuverability is facilitated by the presence of the swiveling front wheels and by the firm and safe brakes that act on the rear ones.
If you prefer, you can remove the front armrest. This element, indispensable during the first months of the baby to offer greater stability, can then be removed to allow the older child to get on and off alone from his session.