To enjoy a perfectly manicured lawn, you have two possibilities: rely on a specialized company or take care of yourself using a lawnmower.
Being a tiring and demanding operation, it is good to opt for a model that facilitates it, ensuring the comfort of use and impeccable shaving results.
For this reason, in the guide below, we have highlighted the details to pay attention to when you want to buy a lawnmower. Then, below, you will also find the ranking with our reviews: compare prices and performances. Here we will be listing the top 13 best lawnmowers.
- Single-lever deck adjustment for quickly setting your mow height
- MAXFlow Deck Technology – volute spiral deck design for better airflow and mulching
- Heavy-duty, 16-guage stamped steel deck
- Briggs & Stratton ex625 150cc engine with ReadyStart technology built in. Made in the USA.
- Self-propelled Rear Wheel Drive RWD Drive System for great traction with flat or incline slope conditions
- 22 in. steel deck with 21 in. blade 3-in-1 Mulch, Side Discharge or Rear Bag for durability season after season
- CORDLESS LAWN MOWER – Get more done, faster, with Greenworks electric lawn mowers. This 40v push lawn mower provides the power you need with up to 45 minutes of runtime on a fully charged 4.0Ah battery. The battery completely charges in 120 minutes.Brushless motor : No
- LIGHTWEIGHT, EASY TO USE – A lightweight 16” cutting deck allows for easy maneuvering through small to medium yards (up to ½ acre) more efficiently. Easy push button start and lighter weight make it a great choice for your lawn.
- VERSATILE – Battery powered lawn mower has a single lever 5-position height adjustment with a cutting height range from 1-1/4" to 3-3/8" for the best cut in all environments. The 2-in-1 feature offers versatile use with mulching and rear bagging options.
- 40V 21” LAWN MOWER - Get more done, faster, with Greenworks electric lawn mowers. This 40V self-propelled lawn mower provides up to 45 minutes of run-time with fully charged 5.0Ah battery (varies based on grass condition and operator technique).Front wheels : 8 Inches
- BRUSHLESS MOTOR / DURABLE STEEL DECK - This electric mower features a durable 21" deck, and a highly efficient brushless motor that provides more torque, quiet operation, and longer life
- SINGLE LEVER HEIGHT ADJUST - 7 position height adjustment provides the best cut in all environments. 3-in-1 design offers rear bag, side discharge, and mulching capabilities
- 3-IN-1 ELECTRIC LAWN MOWER - Corded mower, trimmer and edger combined in one compact machine.Battery Included: no
- LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN - 9.9lbs with adjustable handle and height positions for comfort and control
- AUTOMATIC FEED SPOOL - Feed more cable without stopping or bumping.
- Powerful Engine - Featuring a robust 170cc 4-stroke OHV engine that delivers 6.5 ft.lb of torque, this gas powered lawn mower ensures efficient and reliable performance every time.
- Efficient & Versatile Mowing - Our 21-inch lawn mower features 3-in-1 steel deck with mulching, side discharge and rear bagging and provides an extensive mowing path for efficiency. This versatile mower is designed to cater to all your lawn maintenance needs, ensuring a well-manicured garden every time.
- Adjustable Cutting Height - Offering a single lever four-wheel synchronized height adjustment from 1.2" to 3.75", this lawn mower lets you customize the mowing height to perfectly match your lawn requirements.
- Lightweight corded electric mower gasless 10 Amp 15 inch electric mower for powering through rough grass.Ideal for 1/8 acre.Voltage : 120 V. Product Application : Cleaning.
- Comfort grip bike handlebar design reduces friction and enhances maneuverability for small lawns
- Enhanced clipping collection winged blade yields 30% better clipping collection
- 4-blade reel mower with a cutting width of 14” and durable 8.5” polymer wheels for maximum maneuverability. Lightweight at only 19 pounds. Reel Lawn Mowers are great for small lawns..Deluxe hand-reel mower ideal for most turf grasses.
- This push lawn mower has an adjustable blade height of 0.5”-1.75”. Capable of cutting grass up to 4 inches tall and is less effective on taller grass.
- Manual grass cutter is environment-friendly alternative to other lawn mowers. This push mower is pollution-free, noise-free, low maintenance, lightweight and easy to use.
- Up to 45 minutes of run time on single charge with the recommended 56V 5.0 Ah ARC Lithium battery
- 6-position cutting height adjustments: 1.5"- 4"
- 3-in-1 function: Mulching, bagging, side discharge
- 【14-INCH Cutting Width & High Efficiency】With 15-inch high impact rust resistant deck,Electric Lawn Mower with 11AMP powerful motor provides a speed of 3300RPM
- 【6 CUTTING POSITIONS】 From 1" - 3", with a one touch height adjustment lever
- 【Adjustable Handle & Efficient Grass Collection】 Mowers are designed for 3 adjustable handle length, and 7 Gallon Large grass collection ensuring efficient work
- [12.4-INCH CUTTING WIDTH] With 13-inch high impact rust resistant deck
- [POWERFUL ENGINE] Powered by a 24V MAX* li-ion battery(ASIN:B093FJDKFM) provides a speed of 3700 RPM
- [5 CUTTING POSITONS] Effortlessly change the height of cuts between 1-inch to 2.55-inch using the one-touch lever
- [16-INCH CUTTING WIDTH] This mower features a 17-inch impact, rust-resistant deck, 5-cutting heights, 5.51-inch front wheels, and 7.78-inch rear wheels for easy maneuverability
- [POWERFUL MOTOR] 48V brushless motor provides speeds up to 3100 RPM
- [LIGHTWEIGHT & PORTABLE] The mower weighs only 29.76 lbs. and features folding push handles and a carry handle for easy transport
- 13 Amp Motor with 20 inches Deck - Power through tall grass
- 3-in-1 Capacity - Rear Bagging, Mulching and Side Discharge
- Winged Blade - Improved Cutting Performance
Best Lawn Mowers Buying Guide
At the time of purchase, the first major discriminating factor is to decide whether to rely on a lawnmower with an electric or petrol engine. The choice has a series of repercussions, starting with the price, and both types have positive and negative aspects.
Combustion or Electric
The electric lawn mowers on the market have a power that varies from 1,000 to 1,700 watts, have low weight and dimensions, do not require particular maintenance, and have an affordable average cost.
Their weak point is freedom of maneuver, which depends on the cable’s length to be connected to the power outlet. They are therefore suitable for use on small lawns and gardens, preferably without trees around which the thread could twist.
The models with internal combustion engines, on the other hand, have high power and total freedom of movement because they are not tied to any power outlet. Therefore, they are particularly suitable for large areas and do not pay duty to the possible presence of trees or hedges.
The downside is represented by the need to refuel them (which must, therefore, be purchased and must always have a stock of. Otherwise, it will be impossible to use the lawnmower), high noise, and more significant pollution.
In push models, the motor only activates the rotation of the blades while in self-propelled models, it helps to move the wheels, making the cutting operation less complicated.
Where Does the Grass End?
While they are mowing, most of the best brands of lawn mowers also channel the cut grass into a basket. When you find yourself choosing which appliance to buy, also evaluate the size of this container, which should be proportionate to the size of your lawn.
In general, the collector does not exceed 70 liters of capacity. The choice is linked to the lawnmower’s maneuverability, because a larger basket, although it would allow minimizing emptying operations, would compromise comfort and ease of use.
The technologically advanced models allow mulching, i.e., they can leave the chopped grass on the ground to act as a fertilizer.
A Little Care
Regardless of the model of lawn mower chosen, to ensure its long life, you must enter the order of ideas always to carry out small maintenance, starting with the cleaning of blades and underbody, which must be “freed” from the shaving residues.
Our advice is to carry out the operation immediately after cutting so that the grass is still fresh and comes off more quickly than when it dries.
If you decide to buy a model with the internal combustion engine, from time to time, you will have to clean the air filter and check the fuel and oil level so that the gears always work at their best.
In autumn and winter, you no longer need to cut the grass, store the mower perfectly clean, and be ready for spring!
Do you know that lawn grass will grow stronger and healthier if cleared of leaves and mosses periodically? To perform this operation, you need a tool such as an electric scarifier that better fertilizers and nutrients to penetrate the soil.
Internal Combustion Engine
Without a doubt, one of the best features of this lawn mower is the presence of a 125 CC Briggs & Stratton petrol engine, which must be powered by petrol and oil commonly used for car engines.
Thus, it is possible to cut even vast lawns without being tied to the length of the power cable, present in the electric models. Also, the power supplied by the motor allows you always to have a perfect cut and without indecision.
Also not to be underestimated is the savings in terms of electricity that can be had with a petrol lawnmower. The tank can hold up to 8 liters of fuel, enough to complete more than one cut of extensive gardens that can reach 500 square meters.
The motor allows the blade to generate up to 3,000 revolutions per minute. Therefore there will be no problems even with shearing very tall grass or with a resistant stem.
Another essential feature offered by the McCulloch B&S 450 E lawn mower is the presence of self-propelled traction that allows you to move and therefore cut the grass effortlessly.
This option is activated as soon as the internal combustion engine is started, and the mower starts to run on the lawn to be cut. In practice, you don’t have to push the lawnmower (as happens with different electric models) but only to direct it.
Furthermore, if the ground is not perfectly flat, even in the face of some roughness, no particular physical efforts will have to be made to overcome valleys or small climbs.
This feature also allows use by young boys or women who can thus delight in mowing their lawn without tiring too much, even if the area to be harvested is very large and not perfectly flat.
Capacity and Cutting Size
The tempered steel blade, therefore not subject to rust, can be set to six cutting heights, from a minimum of 30 mm up to a maximum of 80 mm. This is very important to choose the appropriate cut according to the season or your personal taste. The blade cuts an area of 46 cm.
The large collection basket is able to capture freshly cut grass for a maximum of 50 liters, a capacity that allows you to mow even large lawns without having to stop several times to unload the collection basket. An integrated cleaning system allows the mower to always be kept clean, only by connecting a water pump and keeping the engine running.