A high chair is a necessary object for all children: it is used from 6 months and is essential for weaning, that is, the period in which the baby starts eating alone, discovering food and socializing at the table.
Made of wood or other materials, high chairs are available in different models and types. Here is a complete guide to understanding how to choose the high chair for baby food with a comparison between models of brands such as Chicco, Stake, Cam and others. Here we will be listing the top 15 best high chairs.
- MORE THAN JUST A HIGH CHAIR - Sure, the Tabletalk High Chair helps your baby take the first step towards independent eating, but its functionality goes beyond that. It also converts into a toddler chair, perfect for playtime and quiet time
- COMFORT FOR YOUR LIL ONE- Comes with three-height adjustments. A padded seat provides all the comfort your little one needs. Recommended for ages 6 months to 5 years
- CONVENIENT FOR PARENTS - Clean up is easy Simply pop the detachable inner tray into the dishwasher. To clean the seat, simply remove it and wipe down with a dry cloth or wet wipe. Comes in three pleasant finishes
- 4 Stages of use as your child grows - (1) Infant High Chair, (2) Baby Dining Chairs and Tray, (3) Toddler Stand Alone Chair and (4) Big Kid Table and Chair
- 5 Point Safety Harness
- Machine Washable Seat Pad
- Easy wipe seat makes all that baby goo simple to clean
- No-nonsense design sets up in just seconds
- Invite a fun character to mealtimes
- Compact and quick fold with no need to remove the tray: simple to store or take along on the go
- Easy-to-clean design with wipeable seat pad and tray
- [Grow with Babys]:MJKSARE 3-in-1 high chair grows with your baby. Can be transformed from a high chair to a toddler seat. Suitable for babies 6 months and up, unisex design for both boys and girls.
- [Space Saving]: Folding high chair. Tray and dining chair can be folded without taking up space and easy to carry.
- [Multi-Functional]: Adjustable backrest, baby can rest half lying down when tired. Equipped with a storage bag for baby's supplies, with a double-layer dining tray, the upper layer of meals, the lower layer of games.
- 6 Growing Stages from Infant Highchair to Seating 2 Kids at Once
- Stage 1: Infant Highchair with 3 Position Recline provides the right position for baby's comfort
- Stage 2: Traditional Highchair with a machine washable seat pad
- FREAKY-FAST FOLD: Folds with one hand, in one second flat, and stands up on its own so you can store it pretty much anywhere
- HAPPY PLANET COLLECTION: Fabrics made with recycled materials as part of our Do More promise to Recycle, Reimagine, and Give Back
- BRING BABY TO THE TABLE: 5-position height adjust
- Messy eaters are no match for the Ingenuity Full Course 6-in-1 High Chair. The easy to clean design features 6 modes to grow with baby during mealtime
- 6 modes: from first foods chair to traditional high chair to chair top booster to a dining chair and toddler seat; when used as a booster and toddler chair it can seat two kids at once
- Feed Easy mini food tray for less mess and intimate parent-baby bonding, alongside the main tray for bigger bites; both trays easily slide out with a pinch
- VERSATILITY IS KEY The Safety 1st Grow and Go_ 3-in-1 High Chair is designed to grow with your little one. 3 modes take your baby from their first spoonful of solid food, to starting to feed themselves, to rolling up to the grown-up table.
- GROWS WITH YOUR CHILD Use this versatile high chair in 3 ways: infant recline, toddler high chair, and child seat. Create comfort and stability as your little one gets bigger with 3 recline positions, 6 height positions, and the adjustable footrest.
- MEALTIME MESSES ARE EASY TO CLEAN UP The easy-to-remove insert tray is dishwasher-safe. The entire chair is wipeable, and for a deeper clean, simply remove the seat pad. Bye-bye smooshed peas.
- Safe and Comfortable Details: The safety and comfort of your little one is our priority, so we made sure the A-shape structure, adjustable legs and cushion, cross design in place. The 5-point harness gives your children the greatest safety. NOTE: Always use the metal bars and assemble following the instruction, to protect your child and keep the chair stable!
- 3-Position Tray: Our chair contains a 3-position eating tray allows you to choose the best one to fit your baby.
- Skin-friendly Materials: Made of sleek breech hardwood and BPA-free plastic, will not harm your baby’s health. Smooth seats which wrapped in premium thicker leatherette will not harm your child’s delicate skin. All thoughtful designs add comfort and durability for your little one.
- For use by a child who can sit upright unassisted.
- Booster high chair has 6 height, and 3 recline adjustments
- Dishwasher safe tray has 3-positions, and operates with 1-hand
- ADAPTABLE BRILLIANCE: Grow with your baby, serving as a dining chair, play chair, and toddler chair. It's a versatile companion for your child's evolving needs.
- ROCK-SOLID SAFETY: The high Chair offers stability with solid wood legs, oversized non-slip pads, and a pyramid structure, ensuring your baby's safety during meals.
- EFFORTLESS CONVENIENCE: Fodoss highchair simplifies mealtime with one-handed tray removal and waterproof cushions, making cleanup a breeze for busy parents.
- AGES: 6 to 36 months up to 45 lbs
- SAFE AND SECURE: Five-Point Harness, Sturdy, All-Metal Frame
- EASY TO CLEAN: Quickly wipes down with a damp rag. Includes a removeable oversized tray.
- COMMERCIAL GRADE | Perfect for use in restaurants as well as in home.
- STACKABLE DESIGN |Space-saving and well-organized.
- STURDY & TIP-FREE | Made of solid wood, with a wide sturdy base. Safety belt with solid wood crotch restraint.
- 【4-IN-1 High Chair & Multifunction】: This baby high chair has 4 modes: High chair mode for feeding, Lower chair mode for dining, Rocking mode, rock baby to sleep and slide mode, entertain with baby. Mom can choose mode according to your needs. Perfect high chairs for babies and toddlers.
- 【Adjustable Dining Plate & Backrest】: Dining plate has 3 adjustable gears, suitable for big or fat baby too; 3 recline positions of backrest to keep baby more comforable. In addition, high chair for toddlers with a large storage basket, which can hold baby toys or other.
- 【Foldable & Easy to Clean】: This foldable high chair is easy to fold in just 2 steps then stored and easy to carry out & save space. The portable high chair is made of PU material, easy to wipe. The cushion can be removed and cleaned.
Everything You Need to Know About Best High Chairs
When the child begins to be in a seated position and take their first steps into the wonderful world of weaning, then it is time to choose a high chair for the baby food, so let him live the moment of the meals along with the rest of the family.
The high chair for babies is an instrument that you cannot do without, as fundamental as the stroller because it allows the child to sit alone, play with food and watch parents and home environments from a whole new height for him. It starts to use from 6 months, but there are also models for younger children and babies on the market, and it is usually used up to 36 months.
On the forums and on the net there are divergent opinions on the best high chair to buy for baby food: the classic models, made with plastic or metal frame, are joined by the new multifunctional or evolutionary models.
Made of wood and modular to follow the child during the growth, suitable not only for baby food but also for bedtime and play.
Frame: Plastic, Wood or Metal?
We said it at the beginning of this guide because it is really a fundamental feature: let’s talk about the frame, that is the structure of the high chair that supports the seat and the weight of the child.
The frame can be made of different materials, including plastic, metal and wood. Plastic and metal are more typical in the case of classic high chairs. At the same time, wood is typical of almost all the evolutionary chairs available on the market.
It is not so much the material, however, that guarantees the strength, but the thickness of the frame, the presence of reinforcements in more articles and the support of the entire structure on the ground. In this, the presence of feet also in rubber can help.
In any case, the best frame is the one that manages to combine strength and lightness: this especially if you want to fold the high chair on itself once you have finished feeding, rather than keep it open all day and place it permanently in the kitchen.
We have seen in the comparison between different models of high chairs that many have wheels: almost all models with wheels have only two, the vast majority rear, but some models mount the wheels in front.
The presence of the wheels is useful for transporting the seat from one room to another in the house even with the child sitting on it. Still, to ensure maximum safety it is good that the wheels have a braking system that allows you to lock the high chair, thus preventing it from moving due to the child’s movements.
Some of the models that we compared offered the possibility of adjusting the height of the seat, lowering it as the child grows; this is an exciting feature, because it allows you to extend the life cycle of the high chair and use it even when the child becomes older.
Of course, upon reaching a certain age it would also be possible to use a regular chair, but we are sure that the child will have become fond of his high chair, and allowing him to use it even when he is older is undoubtedly something that will be very appreciated.
If the frame and the wheels are technical characteristics that are of particular interest to the parents, the features of the seat relate to the child first of all, who must, first of all, be comfortable inside the high chair to make sitting inside it become a pleasure and not a war to be repeated every day at mealtimes.
The speech that is made for the seat of the high chair is identical to that relating to the stroller: you need to buy a model with a more significant position than it can actually serve at the time of purchase.
This is because children really grow up visibly, and it is a pity to face a significant expense for an object that in six months can become too small.
It is much better, however, to buy a standard high chair and a reducer for babies, available in different types and as an optional accessory of many models seen in our comparison.