A high chair is a necessary object for all children: it is used from 6 months and is essential for weaning, that is, the period in which the baby starts eating alone, discovering food and socializing at the table.
Made of wood or other materials, high chairs are available in different models and types. Here is a complete guide to understanding how to choose the high chair for baby food with a comparison between models of brands such as Chicco, Stake, Cam and others. Here we will be listing the top 15 best high chairs.
- Wipeable and washable design for easier cleaning
- Convert high chair to booster to toddler seat
- Harness keeps little one secure
- Highchair converts to kids' step stool to bring your big kid into the kitchen with you
- 7 Growing Stages from Infant Highchair to Big Kids' Step Stool
- Stage 1: Infant highchair with 3 recline positions keeps baby comfy
- 4 Stages of use as your child grows - (1) Infant High Chair, (2) Baby Dining Chairs and Tray, (3) Toddler Stand Alone Chair and (4) Big Kid Table and Chair
- 5 Point Safety Harness
- Machine Washable Seat Pad
- 【Focus on Safety and Stability】The safety and comfort of your little one is our priority. Our wooden high chair is designed with steady A-shape structure, extra high seat back and 5-point harness with padded shoulder belt in place. Skin-friendly natural solid beech wood(Legs) + BPA-free PP material(Seat), will not harm your baby’s health. Back Legs are Designed Slightly Higher than Front for Anti-Tipping.
- 【Easy and Comfort】Come complete with everything, including an easy-to-follow assembly instructions, also no need to bring out complicated tools or purchase extra screws. Skin-friendly premium leatherette and BPA-free plastic, smooth durable seats will not harm your child’s delicate skin. All thoughtful designs keeps your loved one secure and comfortable.
- 【6 Months to 6 Years Old】Enjoy this 3-in-1 high chair/booster chair/kids for years! Simply adjusted the legs and footrest to fit your child's needs. 3-position double eating tray allows you to choose the best position to fit your baby. Ergonomically designed for toddlers 6-36 months or up to 33 lbs/15 kg, plus 2 removable foot rest.
- Adjustable highchair accommodates growth from infant through toddler and features a space-saving, 11” wide fold that stands independently for storage
- Seat pad with modern styling features soft, wipeable fabric that’s easy to clean
- 5-point adjustable harness with soft webbing and a 3-position reclining seat & leg rest for comfortable infant feedings
- For use by a child who can Sit upright unassisted.
- Booster high chair has 6 height, and 3 recline adjustments
- Dishwasher safe tray has 3-positions, and operates with 1-hand
- ANTILOP highchair is easy to take apart and bring along so your child sits safely and steadily whether you are at home, at your friend’s place or at the restaurant. Enjoy your meal!
- Easy to disassemble and carry along.
- This chair has been tested for domestic and non-domestic use and meet the requirements for safety, durability and stability set forth in the following standard: EN 14988.Safety belt included.Recommended for indoor use
- 3 modes of use: Infant recliner, toddler high chair and child seat
- Easy-to-remove, dishwasher safe insert tray
- Seat cover removes for a quick and thorough wipe down
- Easy wipe seat makes all that baby goo simple to clean
- Folds flat and stands on its own, making it easy to hide away
- Compact fold great for taking on the go
- For use by a child who can sit upright unassisted
- Booster high chair has 6 heights, and 3 recline adjustments
- Dishwasher safe tray has 3-positions, and operates with 1-hand
- All the features of a full-size high chair in half the space for portable and easy-clean eating
- Adjust as your baby grows from infant to toddler with 3 recline positions
- Deep, extra-large tray with tray liner has one-hand release and helps keep food off the floor
- Folded footprint of the high chair is 80% smaller than when it is unfolded, allowing it to be stored in very small spaces
- Setup is easy with a two-step fold, meaning you can smoothly unfold to eat and fold to store
- Tray clips to the back of the high chair when folded, so there are no additional pieces to keep track of
- INDOOR/OUTDOOR DINING – Whether you’re indoors or out, eating, snacking or just playing, every parent knows a baby high chair is a must have. The Summer Pop ‘n Sit SE highchair is for use from 6 months – 45 pounds.
- COMPACT FOLD – With an innovative pop and fold design plus a fast, easy and compact fold, you can have a space saver high chair and even use the Pop ‘n Sit as a travel high chair!
- EASY CLEANUP – Things can get messy with high chairs for babies and toddlers, but cleanup is a breeze with the Pop ‘n Sit high chairs. They have a removable, machine-washable fabric and include a removable and dishwasher-safe tray with cup holder.
- 6 modes for 6 years of growth
- 5 recline positions for added comfort & 9 height positions for adjustable seating
- Seat inlay for added support and comfort for younger babies and children
- 6 Growing Stages from Infant Highchair to Seating 2 Kids at Once
- Stage 1: Infant Highchair with 3 Position Recline provides the right position for baby's comfort
- Stage 2: Traditional Highchair with a machine washable seat pad
Everything You Need to Know About Best High Chairs
When the child begins to be in a seated position and take their first steps into the wonderful world of weaning, then it is time to choose a high chair for the baby food, so let him live the moment of the meals along with the rest of the family.
The high chair for babies is an instrument that you cannot do without, as fundamental as the stroller because it allows the child to sit alone, play with food and watch parents and home environments from a whole new height for him. It starts to use from 6 months, but there are also models for younger children and babies on the market, and it is usually used up to 36 months.
On the forums and on the net there are divergent opinions on the best high chair to buy for baby food: the classic models, made with plastic or metal frame, are joined by the new multifunctional or evolutionary models.
Made of wood and modular to follow the child during the growth, suitable not only for baby food but also for bedtime and play.
Frame: Plastic, Wood or Metal?
We said it at the beginning of this guide because it is really a fundamental feature: let’s talk about the frame, that is the structure of the high chair that supports the seat and the weight of the child.
The frame can be made of different materials, including plastic, metal and wood. Plastic and metal are more typical in the case of classic high chairs. At the same time, wood is typical of almost all the evolutionary chairs available on the market.
It is not so much the material, however, that guarantees the strength, but the thickness of the frame, the presence of reinforcements in more articles and the support of the entire structure on the ground. In this, the presence of feet also in rubber can help.
In any case, the best frame is the one that manages to combine strength and lightness: this especially if you want to fold the high chair on itself once you have finished feeding, rather than keep it open all day and place it permanently in the kitchen.
We have seen in the comparison between different models of high chairs that many have wheels: almost all models with wheels have only two, the vast majority rear, but some models mount the wheels in front.
The presence of the wheels is useful for transporting the seat from one room to another in the house even with the child sitting on it. Still, to ensure maximum safety it is good that the wheels have a braking system that allows you to lock the high chair, thus preventing it from moving due to the child’s movements.
Some of the models that we compared offered the possibility of adjusting the height of the seat, lowering it as the child grows; this is an exciting feature, because it allows you to extend the life cycle of the high chair and use it even when the child becomes older.
Of course, upon reaching a certain age it would also be possible to use a regular chair, but we are sure that the child will have become fond of his high chair, and allowing him to use it even when he is older is undoubtedly something that will be very appreciated.
If the frame and the wheels are technical characteristics that are of particular interest to the parents, the features of the seat relate to the child first of all, who must, first of all, be comfortable inside the high chair to make sitting inside it become a pleasure and not a war to be repeated every day at mealtimes.
The speech that is made for the seat of the high chair is identical to that relating to the stroller: you need to buy a model with a more significant position than it can actually serve at the time of purchase.
This is because children really grow up visibly, and it is a pity to face a significant expense for an object that in six months can become too small.
It is much better, however, to buy a standard high chair and a reducer for babies, available in different types and as an optional accessory of many models seen in our comparison.