The electric kettle is a practical and comfortable appliance that allows you to heat the water in a few minutes to enjoy steaming cups of herbal tea, tea, or coffee. But what is the best electric kettle? In this article, you will find a selection of the best models of 2020 and a buying guide to help you choose the most suitable electric kettle.
At any time of the day, having hot or boiling water available is a reassuring certainty in the kitchen, but not only.
From the early hours of the morning, it can be used for an excellent refreshing tea or for instant drinks, such as barley or ginseng, for example, which are increasingly found on our tables to boost energy to the whole family’s day. Here we will be listing the top 8 best electric kettles.
- PUREST TASTING WATER - SUPERIOR QUALITY – Made with the finest quality Borosilicate Glass, which lasts a lifetime, 304 stainless steel and heat resistant copolyester for the safest, freshest water. A premium long lasting lid that stays shut when it’s supposed to for years to come, unlike the majority of the others on the market.
- MAXIMUM SAFETY - High quality thermostat controller, auto shut-off within 30s after the water is fully boiling. Boil-dry safety feature where it turns off if it detects there is no water inside. Built with a Heat-Resistant Anti-Slip Grip Handle, no worries of it slipping out of your hands or getting burned while holding it. Will not contaminate liquids.
- FASTEST BOIL - Equipped with bright LED’s which indicate the kettle is heating. The controller with Mueller SpeedBoil circuitry will boil the water lightning fast and be ready to use for tea, oatmeal, coffee, pasta and much more.
- Designed in California. This Cosori's Gooseneck Kettle features 5 precise temperature presets. The accurate variable presets allow you to never again burn your coffee or tea leaves. It also has a Keep Warm function that automatically keeps water at the same temperature for 60 minutes
- Turning Off The Ready Tone: The kettle features a ready tone that beep 3 times when the water reached the preset temperature. If you don't want this beep alert. You can press and hold "HOLD TEMP" for 8 seconds to turn beeps on/off
- The Purest Taste: The kettle is made with 100% food-grade stainless steel in its housing, lid, and spout, with no Teflon or chemical linings, which keeps the perfect taste for your coffee and tea
- Premium Stainless Steel - 304 food-grade stainless steel inner pot and brushed stainless steel housing. BPA-free food grade materials, removable nylon filter for easy cleaning, easy-to-view water window
- Fast Boil - This 1500W electric kettle has concealed heating elements and can boil up to 1.7 liters of water in 5 to 7 minutes, quicker and safer than a microwave. Start your day with a cup of instant coffee or tea.
- Precise & Safe - With the professional British Strix thermostat controlling system (world's leading thermostat), this kettle can automatically shut-off when the water is boiling. Additionally, it has boil-dry protection
- 1500-Watt stainless-steel cordless electric kettle with 1-2/3-liter capacity and concealed heating element. Dimensions-8.8 x 6.1 x 9.7 inches. Bpa free. Cord length : 36 Inches
- 6 preset heat settings for steeping tea at just the right temperature; blue LED indicator lights
- 30-Minute keep Warm; 2-minute memory function; 360-degree swivel power base for cordless convenience
- 【HEALTHIER】- SUNDUO electric kettle is composed of top grade scratch resistant borosilicate glass body and 304 stainless steel base, plus 100% BPA free heat-resistant handle. All the water contact surfaces use food grade material, which provides you freshest and safest water.
- 【SAFER】- Featuring British imported thermostat technology, advanced AUTO SHUTOFF and BOIL-DRY PROTECTION functions ensure you 100% electrical safety. It will auto off within 30s once the water boiled or no water inside. Turn the kettle on and walk away without having to worry!
- 【FASTER】- Utilizing the newest water circling heating technology, this electric kettle operates on 1500W and boils water within 3-7 minutes, allowing you to make herbal tea, cocoa, French press coffee, instant soups, and other hot beverages in a fraction of the time.
- Stainless steel 1.7 liter/1500 watt electric kettle for quickly boiling water
- Make herbal tea, instant soup, cocoa, French press coffee and more in a fraction of the time
- Detaches from base for convenient cordless serving with a heat-proof plastic handle
- High-Quality Materials: The 1.7-liter design features food grade 304 stainless steel and borosilicate glass to keep your water tasting pure.
- Rapid Boil: Speed up your morning routine by heating up water in just 3–7 minutes to enjoy your coffee, tea, noodles, oatmeal, and more.
- Safety First: Dry-run and auto-shutoff features maximize safety by turning the kettle off if no water is detected.
- The Purest Taste: Made with the finest quality borosilicate glass which resists scratching and scuffing, healthier than others because no plastics touch the boiling water inside including the lid, because we encase it in a layer of solid stainless steel.
- Best Heating Element: Features leading EU thermostat technology, auto shut-off within 30s after the water is fully boiling. Boil-dry safety feature where it turns off if it detects there is no water inside. Concealed heating element.
- Blue Led Indicator: Know that your kettle is in the process of boiling when the light is on, light ring concealed inside the glass is safe and durable.
Buyer Guide to Choose the Best Electric Kettles
Even in the office, however, boiling water can be useful for the preparation of an infusion that breaks the working routine by allowing a short break between one task and the next.
Finally in the evening, if you are tired and exhausted, or maybe in a new apartment where you have just moved, not yet fully equipped or waiting for the connection to the gas network.
It is incredibly practical to be able to shorten the time needed for boiling water to be used for a pasta dish or to rehydrate a freeze-dried preparation such as a velvety one, if you choose to give in to laziness and do not wash dishes and pots after dinner.
An excellent electric kettle can heat the quantity of water we need in a few minutes without unnecessarily prolonging the waiting times for the preparation we want to make, and it turns out to be a truly versatile tool, as we have just seen, in a wide range of places and occasions of use.
It is wrong to think that hot water can be used only for infusions and herbal teas; limiting the use of this appliance to a range that is nothing short of reductive.
Dimensions and Capacities
The first element that differentiates one water boiler from another is the size or better, to be more precise, its capacity, or the quantity of water that can be inserted inside when fully loaded.
The appliance is capable of bringing to temperature. Usually, there are three macro-categories within which it is possible to place the vast majority of electric kettle models on the market:
this model has a considerable capacity, which varies in a range from 1.3 l to 1.7 l. This type of electric kettle is most suitable if you plan to buy an appliance for a large family since it can bring a considerable amount of water to the boil in about 3 minutes.
No one at home will have to wait for their shift to have breakfast again, with a significant reduction in the confusion around the table, especially when the highest possible organization is needed to get out all on time and arrive on time at school and work.
It is the perfect electric kettle model for those who live as a couple or have just had a baby since it allows you to heat the 1.2 l from 0.5.
The quantity of water is sufficient for the preparation of about 4 cups of the drink you have chosen to sip, but not only. At this temperature, the water can be used to start preparations such as a tasty vegetable broth, rehydrate the first baby food, and quickly sterilize pacifiers fallen on the floor before returning them to the rightful owner.
Small or travel: this is the handiest electric kettle model, and heats up to 0.5 l of water, or the amount needed for a couple of cups of tea. The electronic travel kettle is perfect for those who are always on the move, or those who, even living alone, do not want to give up some small pleasure but do not want to waste time between stoves and saucepans.
It is also ideal in a university student room to take a short break from studying with a hot drink or, why not, a quick dinner with a pack of ramen, to be eaten with disposable chopsticks while repeating the program of the upcoming exam without the worry of having to wash dishes or cutlery.
Once the water is heated, as we have already said, this can be used for countless types of preparations or hygienic reasons. However, it is also true that those who are about to purchase an electric kettle in all probability do so because they are prepare
Consumption, Cleaning, and Care
There is often a tendency to make a balance of consumption before purchasing an appliance, and it is certainly a wise and desirable practice. For those who were wondering how much an electric kettle consumes, it is possible to report some useful information.
The first thing to consider is the model in question: the smallest electric kettles do not exceed 1000 W of power, while the mediocre ones are between 1200 W and 1700 W. The models with higher capacity are those with more consumption. Essential, which can vary from a minimum of 2000 W to a maximum of 2500 W.
The Qualities of Steel
Manufacturers are increasingly favoring plastic materials to reduce construction costs. This is not the case with Moulinex BY540D Subito, which presents a beautiful carafe in brushed stainless steel with an elegant, modern, and essential appearance.
But the advantages of this choice are not limited to aesthetic reasons. Stainless steel is particularly suitable for coming into contact with food, having been designed not to alter its organoleptic characteristics and to guarantee safety and hygiene.
This material avoids bacterial proliferation and hinders the formation of mold, ensuring that you always sip healthy drinks.
A metal structure proves to be extremely solid and without any doubt incredibly durable, an advantage to consider if you choose to make the electric kettle a frequent use without having to worry about small accidents or accidental impacts that are commonplace in the house.
It often happens when you have guests that at tea time, you have to wait for your turn to fill the cup and proceed with the infusion.
In this way, however, there is a risk that, while some have yet to start sipping their drink, the former has already finished, and a moment of conviviality is transformed into a situation in which everyone is concentrated exclusively on his glass. If this same event occurs in the house during breakfast, chaos is assured.