A countertop convection oven is an indispensable appliance for domestic use: the variety of programs and the new self-cleaning technologies allow you to have an object in your home that combines design and performance. How much does a built-in oven cost and which is the best on the market? Here is a guide to choose the best built-in oven according to your needs.
A built-in oven is a first appliance in the kitchen because it allows you to prepare many dishes in a short time and without effort. Available in many different models and types, it is a high-end appliance: its high average cost requires you to study the characteristics of the product carefully, to make the right choice without regretting it.
In this article we will focus on built-in ovens suitable for domestic use: obviously, there are many professional ovens of the highest level, but even those designed for home use do not have much to envy to hyper professional models—great attention also to energy saving, a feature not to be underestimated. Here we will be listing the 12 best countertop convection ovens.
- Single door pull opens both doors with 1 hand ease and convenience
- Digital controls provide precise cooking time and temperature to take the guesswork out of cooking
- Turbo convection baking technology cooks faster and browns more evenly
- The ultimate meal-making machine with 8-in-1 functionality: air fry, air roast, air broil, bake, bagel, toast, dehydrate, and keep Warm all in one powerful 1800-watt appliance.
- Reclaim your counter space: takes up 50% less space when you flip it up and away to store against your backsplash.
- Air fry: up to 75% less fat than traditional frying methods. Tested against hand-cut, deep-fried French fries.
- 45L capacity - Fits 9 slices of toast on 2 racks for a total of 18 slices and roasts up to a 20lb turkey. Four rack positions fit up to 2 x 14" pizzas with interior dimensions of 16-3/8 W x 15-7/8 D x 8-1/2 H (upper element to rack at bottom position)
- French dual door design allows you to open one or both doors at a time saving precious counter space. Four rack positions allow you to cook multiple dishes at once
- Convection feature circulates hot air inside the oven for flakier crusts, deeper flavors and more tender meats, in less time. Rotisserie spit & Fork assembly rotates food inside the oven while roasting it to perfection.
- Countertop convection oven features convection technology for fast, even heating
- Digital settings for pizza, bake, broil, toast, and defrost
- Large interior fits 2 take and bake pizzas, a family sized chicken, or 18 slices of bread
- Create extraordinary meals: From chicken entrees to delicious cookies for dessert, the KitchenAid dual convection toaster oven will help you efficiently elevate your home kitchen.
- Cook for the entire family: This KitchenAid oven can bake 2 whole chickens (based on 3. 6lbs weight) at a time.
- Versatile: 12 preset cooking functions including everything from bake, to cookie, pizza, and even dough proofing.
- The Breville Smart Oven Air with Element iQ System is a versatile countertop oven allowing you to roast, air fry and dehydrate; Use super convection to reduce cooking time by up to 30% and choose from 13 cooking functions; Includes an interior oven light
- ELEMENT iQ SYSTEM: Using 6 independent quartz elements, smart algorithms steer power to where and when it's needed to create the ideal cooking environment; Sensing and digital PID temperature control eliminates cold spots for precise and even cooking
- AIR FRY & DEHYDRATE SETTINGS: Air fry French fries and other family favorites; Higher temperatures combined with super convection (maximized air flow) deliver crispy golden air fried foods; Dehydrate a wide range of food, up to 4 trays of goodness at once
- The Breville Smart Oven Pro with Element iQ System is a high performance countertop oven; Reduce your cooking time by up to 30% using the convection setting and choose from 10 cooking functions as an interior oven light guides you to perfection
- Element iQ System: Using 5 independent quartz elements, smart algorithms steer power to where and when it's needed to create the ideal cooking environment for perfect results every time; Fast 1800 Watt preheat gets your meals on the table more quickly
- Convection Powered: The Smart Oven Pro's convection setting reduces cooking time by up to 30%; An inbuilt fan circulates the hot air within the oven which speeds the cooking process by stripping away the cold air that surrounds your food
- Fits Most Oven Pans - Use the pans you already have. This spacious oven fits most standard 9”x13” oven pans with handles. That means you can go from straight from oven to table. Plus, the included baking/broiling pan fits perfectly, making it easy to insert and remove food. Toasting rack also included.
- Convection Heating - The powerful convection fan circulates warm air throughout the oven for fast, even baking. Other functions include: baking, broiling, toasting, and keeping food warm.Dedicated Toast Timer - Get perfect toast every time using the dedicated toast timer. It allows for predictable shade selection with every use.
- Temperatures in the oven will be lower than your set point. This is due to advanced heating elements used in this oven. Temperature dial settings have been calibrated to provide expected results for most recipes taking into account the advanced heating elements.
- A WOLF OVEN IN COUNTERTOP FORM: Enjoy all the features of a full-size Wolf oven, like interior lighting, precise temperature control and convection heating, in a compact, energy-efficient form.
- ADVANCED CONVECTION TECHNOLOGY: Countertop convection oven continuously circulates heated air throughout for even roasting and baking with no hot spots.
- 7 COOKING MODES: Bake, Roast, Broil, Warm, Proof, Bagel and Toast functions offer you greater control and consistent, predictable results.
- Extra-wide interior - specially engineered to fit most 9"x13" pans with handles, eight pieces of bread, or a 12" pizza. Internal Dimensions are approximately 16.5"X12.5"X9.5".
- Fits most 9"x13" oven pans
- Convection heating plus four cooking functions: baking, broiling, toasting, and keeping food Warm.
- TRUE SURROUND CONVECTION: Up to 10X the convection power vs. a traditional full-size convection oven for faster, crispier, and juicy results.
- 10 VERSATILE FUNCTIONS: Air Fry, Air Roast, Bake, Whole Roast, Broil, Toast, Bagel, Dehydrate, Reheat, and Pizza, all in one powerful 1800-watt appliance.
- SMART COOK SYSTEM: Achieve the perfect doneness from rare to well done at the touch of a button with the integrated Foodi Smart Thermometer - no guesswork required.
- 6 slice convection toaster oven for faster, more even cooking. This Oster Large Digital Countertop Oven can fit up a pan with the measure of 2 inches height, 10.5 inches width and 12.5 inches length
- Convection technology and a wide temperature range of 150 to 450 degrees F let you cook with the convenience of an oven
- Digital controls with 7 cooking settings and an interior light for easy viewing
Best Countertop Convection Ovens Buying Guide
Power supply, energy consumption, versatility thanks to the different functions and design: these are the main factors to keep an eye on to understand which is the best built-in oven for your needs. Among the top of the range, models with the best value for money and economic alternatives.
He comparison between the various models already allows us to understand what are the features to keep an eye on when choosing a built-in oven model with the best value for money.
Here are the details of the features that a built-in oven must necessarily have, and the possibilities you can choose from to determine which is the best built-in oven for your needs in the kitchen.
Technology and Nutrition
The most important feature to keep an eye on right away is the type of best microwave oven supply or the technology by which it heats and cooks our dishes. If, as we have already said, up to a decade ago the most popular type was gas, now electric ovens are the most popular, even if gas ovens are still available on the market and guarantee more considerable energy savings.
The by gas built-in ovens produce heat through combustion: inside the oven is, in fact, a burner, inserted inside the combustion chamber. The oven must be connected to the gas system of the house or a single cylinder. When it is ignited, the burner diffuses heat inside the whole oven, first by radiation, then by convection.
How much does a built-in oven consume? The energy consumption of a built-in oven is an essential feature to avoid bills that rise with each batch, and it is also a factor that depends very much on the type of oven supply. As already mentioned, of course, gas ovens consume less than all.
Still, they have limits both for the preparation of the dishes and for the safety measures to be put in place: however, these are relatively dangerous appliances, because they could cause gas leaks or leaks.
Compared to gas ovens, built-in electric ovens consume a little more, but at the same time, they ensure faster and more effective cooking. Furthermore, many of these appliances have an energy certification ranging from A to A +++: these are ovens that initially have a very high cost, but are “amortized” on the bill in case of frequent use.
How do you choose the best oven keeping an eye on energy consumption? We must think about the frequency of use of the appliance: if the stove is used very often, the idea is to choose a model that ensures substantial energy savings, because the extra money we spend at the time of purchase will be amortized on the bill.
If, on the other hand, this appliance will be used rarely, you can also opt for a model of a built-in electric oven that is less performing for consumption but much cheaper.
Basic and Advanced Functions
In addition to the essential functions of the oven – thermostat, timer, convection or ventilation cooking, pre-heating – there are many additional functions that above all characterize the appliances in this category with the highest cost.
What use do you have in mind to make this electric oven? If it’sits just a matter of heating some food now and then, don’tdon’t look for particularly sophisticated and inexpensive products. The best is also the simplest.
If, on the other hand, you need it as a “companion”” for your main oven, because perhaps you often cook elaborate dishes and for many people, then it is good to think carefully about what you have in mind to do with it.
It could happen, then, that this electric oven must be your only and main oven, because you are single or because you always cook for a few people. Here, then perhaps it is good that this has all the functions you need.
When choosing an electric hob, the temperature range is fundamental to consider. If the electric oven does not reach the warmth you need, you risk making a useless purchase.
Do you need to cook sweets? Here, in that case, be very careful. Choosing the best electric oven requires some extra attention.
Many electric ovens are supplied complete with many preset functions. It may seem trivial, but if you are not very expert in using the stove, having preset functions allows you to avoid many spoiled dishes and to prepare better foods.
So, Did You Find the Winner?
In short, you need a new electric oven, and you would like to choose the best and cheapest one, however, if you open your browser and type “electric oven”, the world appears before you. Difficult to orientate, huh?
Here, we have explored this world, and we have selected the ten best electric ovens just for you offering you a detailed review for each. As usual, we do the dirty work!