How to choose the right charcoal bbq? Our guide tries to answer this question, giving some general information on the typologies and the various existing models, and on their characteristics in terms of structure and dimensions.
Further down, we go into detail by examining closely some models that have impressed us most for the quality/price ratio and the satisfaction expressed by users.
Before choosing a good charcoal barbecue, compare the prices and characteristics of the models you find in the ranking below, they are among the most popular on the market.
But first, take a look at the buying guide, you will find some information that can be useful in selecting the best model for you. Here we will be listing the 9 best barbeque grills.
- 150-SQUARE-INCH CHROME PLATED GRATE: The 150-square-inch chrome plated cooking rack gives a spacious cooking surface is able accommodate lots of food at one time while still distributing heat evenly and efficiently.
- DUAL VENTING SYSTEM: Features a Dual venting system, giving you the ultimate charcoal management and temperature control.
- THREE SECURE LID LOCKS: The grill features three secure lid locks for easy and safe transport.
- Portable Charcoal Gril：Portable charcoal grills with dimension of 18 inch diameter by 31.5 inch high. Durable 18 inch diameter of BBQ grill plated steel cooking grate provides 255 square inches ample cooking surface for any meal of your grilling. A perfect Go-anywhere kettle grill with insulated handles and upgraded durable wheels for outdoor camping by getting your friends or family hovering around the grill, hungry for tempting charcoal flavor of burnt food.
- Perfect Heat Control & Retention: Rust-resistant adjustable air vent damper allows for heat control without hassle to lift the lid. Two handles of the cooking grate make you easy to lift it to add or adjusting charcoal. Heavy-duty durable plated steel charcoal grate design withstands the heat of any charcoal fire for a direct or indirect grilling with this charcoal grate. The thickened round porcelain-enameled coating bowl and lid retains heat well to flow for even grilling.
- Easy to Use & Clean: The inside lid hanger hook under the lid could be hung on one bowl handle without hassle to lift it or put it on the ground. The ash leak under the bowl and the ash catcher become the best choice to be one-touch cleaning system. You just need to rotate the ash leak to move the ash down into the ash catcher for easy ash disposal and cleaning. The durable wheels make this charcoal BBQ grill to be easy to move and transport for outdoor picnic tailgate camping.
- PREMIUM CHARCOAL GRILL - Barrel style Charcoal BBQ Grill & Smoker with heavy-duty steel construction and powder coating finish, perfect for high heat grilling and low and slow smoking
- XXL COOKING AREA - Massive 950 square inch total cooking area fits 38 burgers: 725 square inch primary cooking area with a 225 square inch warming rack
- BARBECUE GRILL FEATURES - Cast Iron Cooking Grates, Adjustable Fire Grate, Bottom Storage Shelf, Warming Rack, Stay Cool Wooden Handle, Wheels, and Front & Side Shelves with Barbecue Grill Tool Storage Hooks
- High Quality: Made of high quality galvanized steel, no rust, no corrosion, fine workmanship and durable.
- Easy To Use & Clean: The ash leak under the bowl and the ash catcher become the best choice to be one-touch cleaning system. You just need to rotate the ash leak to move the ash down into the ash catcher for easy ash disposal and cleaning. The durable wheels make this charcoal BBQ grill to be easy to move and transport for outdoor picnic tailgate camping.
- Portable Charcoal Grill: This product uses a spherical design, multi-function oven, because of its small footprint, it can save space, so it can be easily carried anywhere and enjoy cooking.
- Stay true to the modern version of the kettle that started it all—the Original Kettle, invented by Weber’s founder, and loved around the world. Its ultra-durable, porcelain-enameled lid and bowl retain heat, while the damperseasily adjust for precise temperature control. With a One-Touch cleaning system for easy cleanup after a long day of grilling, the Original Kettle will always be the grill built for everyone
- Holds up to 13 burgers made with a Weber burger press
- One-Touch cleaning system provides hassle-free ash cleanup.Removable, aluminum ash catcher
- Large Cooking Space: Total of 598 square inches cooking area, including 393.3 sq. in. porcelain-enameled steel wire cooking grates and 204.6 sq. in. chrome-plated warming rack.
- Adjustable Charcoal Pan with Holes: 6-level easy lift charcoal pan adjustment system for heat control and cooking flexibility.
- Easy Charcoal Access: Front door with cool-touch spring handle makes it easy access for stoking coals or adding charcoals during cooking.
- Nelly Sharon (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 234 Pages - 03/19/2022 (Publication Date) - Independently published (Publisher)
- QUALITY CONSTRUSTION: Steel construction of portable charcoal camping grills with a durable porcelain coating on the round lid and body for strength. Black part can stand up to 600℃ (1112℉) of heat.
- HEAT CONTROL AIR VENT: Air vents of charcoal barbeque grill lid adjusts for maximum heat control without hassle to lift the lid while cooking.
- DURABLE WHEEL: The 2 durable rolling wheels allow you to easily move your grill around the yard or patio areas.
- Grab the handle of your Smokey Joe Premium portable charcoal grill and throw a BBQ, tailgate, or grill lunch anywhere you go. Its lightweight design and carry handle make it easy to pack up your charcoal and grill wherever the day takes you.
- Holds up to five burgers made with a Weber burger press
- Compact and lightweight for grilling on the go
Best Charcoal Barbeque Grills Buyer Guide
If you have decided to buy a charcoal barbecue, excluding gas and electric models, keep in mind that there are different types of products.
For example, the concept of bbq has recently been redefined giving the possibility of making pleasant barbecues even to those who live in an apartment, do not have a terrace and do not want to go to a public place, with the creation of smokeless barbecues: we talk about it in particular here.
Of course, it is impossible to eliminate the presence of smoke, but its production is significantly reduced, and the kitchen or veranda will not become unlivable.
Then there is another possibility appreciated by many, although the price is often relevant: a combined coal/gas barbecue.
In this case, the advantages of both are brought together, and within a minute, it should be possible to switch from one version to another, from coal to gas, with a few simple gestures.
You don’t always have the time to prepare the charcoal for a classic bbq, so the gas solution is convenient and faster because you have to press a button, and even later, cleaning will be less complicated.
But the most popular models remain the classic ones, different in shape and size: take a look at the review of the various products below, there is one for every need.
Surface and Organization
Whatever type of barbecue you choose, check what is the cooking surface, which is expressed in centimeters, and maybe consult the comments of users who help you understand effectively how many sausages or steaks you can cook at the same time.
Once this is done, check how the barbecue is organized: for example, how many shelves does it have? This is a non-secondary detail because it is crucial to have everything you need at hand while cooking in order not to have to go back and forth in the kitchen.
Some models are equipped with a lid – detachable or integrated – which helps stabilize the temperature and ensure uniform food cooking.
The best brand BBQs stand out to adjust the height of the embers and keep the temperature under control through a thermometer. Handy is the raised grill to keep freshly cooked food always hot so as not to dissatisfy guests.
Another variable to consider is the size of the barbecue. If you have a beautiful garden and you don’t have space problems.
You probably won’t even have issues buying a large and comfortable excellent model, but if you think to use it at home or to bring it with you for an outdoor barbecue outside the city or camping, you will need a practical, compact bbq. If this is your need, take a look here.
Also, pay attention to the weight and the presence of wheels, which are essential for moving the structure comfortably in the garden and then sheltering it later.
Unlike other barbecues in the same price range, the Tepro model has a beautiful design, ideal for those who care about aesthetics and want to impress friends and family during a lovely barbecue.
The design of the grill is not limited to the external appearance, but also to its versatility which allows it to be used on the terrace, in the garden or even on a balcony.
Thanks to its compact dimensions, thanks to which it will be possible to place it anywhere without cluttering up too much space.
It is also ideal for those who live in an apartment, but do not want to give up the pleasure of a sweet barbecue in the company on the weekend. The wheels allow you to move it quickly without lifting it. Also, the weight of 26 kg makes it extremely stable, which significantly increases its safety.
When it comes to intelligent design, this barbecue must be promoted with flying colors, thanks to its adjustable top that allows you to manage the cooking of the dishes optimally.
Using a comfortable crank it will be possible to raise or lower the hob in order to increase or decrease the heat to achieve the right cooking. True barbecue lovers will truly appreciate and make the most of this feature, while newbies will learn how to cook with a practical and versatile barbecue.
Cooking is also favored by the two ventilation openings on the sides of the barbecue, which guarantee balanced air circulation during cooking. In this way, you will avoid burning the dishes and extinguishing the charcoal when the lid is closed.
The soft lid can be easily lifted thanks to the practical handle, it also allows you to cook faster by covering the charcoal that will not go out. In this way it will be possible to cook even outdoors during a particularly windy day without wasting time.
On the lid there is a thermometer that will help the cook to adjust with the temperature on the grill without always having to open and close to check. Through the carbon flap you can add coal safely and accurately. Despite the compact size of the barbecue, the hob is large enough for many people to cook.