A cat fountain is an important tool that could greatly help make your cats in drinking water. As you know, cats don’t get along well with water, but for them, it is an essential element. It has been shown that a cat who drinks regularly is healthier, but the drinkers on the market are not always able to completely quench them, especially due to the stagnation of water.
It is here that the cat fountain becomes a valuable aid. The continuous flow of fresh water is particularly pleasant for them and invites them to drink more easily.
Here we had selected some of the best cat fountains that are present below.
- 【Make Your Cat Drink More Water】In the world of cats, flowing water is cleaner. The use of pet fountain can ensure that continuous running water, running water can attract animals to drink water, helping cats' health.
- 【Cat Favorite Faucet Design】The UIOOQ water dispenser uses the design of a household faucet, which can effectively attract cats to drink here. Make your cat healthier by never having to go to other places to drink unclean water again.
- 【Continuously Providing Clean Water】Activated carbon + low-density sponge filters can filter out impurities in water, continuously providing filtration function to keep the water clean, allowing your cat to drink clean water at any time.
- 😽 【Quad Filtration System】The cat fountain is made of high-density cotton, coconut shell, activated carbon and ion exchange resin. It can filter out the impurities, remove the peculiar smell, soften the water quality, and improve the taste. You can provide your pet with fresher and cleaner water to prevent it from getting sick.
- 😽 【2L Large Capacity】The 2L cat fountain is very suitable for small to medium-sized pets, without the need for frequent refilling of water. Even if you are on a business trip or traveling for 3-5 days, the cat fountain can provide enough water, free your steps and make you travel worry-free.
- 😽 【Built-in LED light】 Built-in LED light and external translucent design, allowing you to monitor the water level at any time, without having to open the cat drinker each time to check if you want to add water. At the same time, the LED lights also have the lighting function, your cat can easily find the cat fountain in the dark.
- Large capacity: Staying hydrated is the key to preventing kidney and urinary tract diseases. The 95oz capacity makes this pet fountain water dispenser a perfect fit for small to medium dog breeds and all cats.
- High-quality: Made of food grade materials, this drinking fountain is BPA free, durable, and easy to operate and clean. The water-level window and LED Light let you observe how much water your pets drink in real time, and lets you see exactly when you need to fill the water bowl. There is a switch on the wire to control the light so you could easily turn it on or off.
- Two flow designs: The Veken Pet Fountain has 2 modes: flower waterfall (faucet drinking) and the gentle fountain. The water streaming down the petals of the flower on the fountain will draw your pets attention and encourage animals to drink more often.
- Award-Winning Product. Veken is proud to be a 2023 Category Winner of the Pet Innovation Awards, an honor given to only the most forward-thinking products within the rapidly expanding Pet industry.
- Upgraded Stainless Steel. Opt for a stronger, more hygienic version of our best selling pet fountain. Dishwasher safe and BPA-free, our stainless steel design offers the elevated and modern look you want with additional benefits.
- Large Capacity Water Tank. Worry less about your furry friend running out of water. Our pet fountain features a generously sized water reserve tank to help you avoid frequent refilling, ensuring your pets are healthy, hydrated, and happy.
- 【2L Capacity, Removable And Easy To Clean Parts】 The cat water fountain has 2L (64oz), so you don't need to refill it frequently. A cat water fountain filled with water can provide your pet with 4-6 days of drinking water, making your trip worry-free. The cat water fountain has a detachable design and its parts are removable, which is very convenient for you to replace or clean.
- 【Triple Filtration System】 Pet water fountain adopt a triple filtration system, including activated carbon, high-density cotton layer and sponge filter. This can effectively filter impurities, remove odors, soften the water and extend the life of the pump. It is best if you can change the carbon filter every 2-4 weeks. This will provide your pet with cleaner, fresher, oxygen-rich water.
- 【Built-In Led Light】 The cat fountain is designed with a translucent water tank and a built-in LED light. You can check the remaining amount of the cat fountain at any time, without having to frequently open the cat water fountain. At the same time, the built-in LED light can glow in the dark, your cat can find the water fountain faster.
- High-grade stainless-steel top is durable, hygienic and dishwasher-safe. All in one package includes 3 carbon filters, 1 Foam Filter and 1 Mat. 3 replacement filters instead of 1. No need to purchase filters immediately. Food grade material and BPA free cat fountain is safe for your pets.
- Upgraded pump with LED light: The pump is quiet (below 40 dB). Low-voltage pump is reliable and easy to maintain. It's very convenient to observe water level through the window. Clean the pump with the brushes regularly to increase its lifespan.
- Circulating filtration system: The circulating filtration system uses a replaceable round filter to purify the water, remove hair, dirt and food particles plus a pre-filter sponge to catch the hair and debris.
- Superior Quality: Crafted from high-grade stainless steel, our cat water fountain ensures long-lasting durability and resistance to rust. BPA-free and dishwasher safe, easy to clean
- Enhanced Hydration: With a flowing water design, our pet fountain entices cats to drink more water, preventing suffering from urinary and kidney diseases. The continuous circulation prevents water from becoming stagnant, encouraging cats to drink from a fresh and clean source
- Double Filtration System: Utilizing pre-sponge filtration, along with activated carbon and ionic resin, the automati cat dog water fountain creates a flawless water circulation process that ensures your pet's water is always pure and free of harmful impurities
- ➮【Why Choose a Flowing Water Source?】 Cats prefer flowing water. Cats are less interested in static water sources. The shape of the faucet satisfies a cat's curiosity and exploratory nature. In addition, the circulation of water can keep it clean for a long time. Use AONBOY's cat water fountain to give your pet access to flowing water, and they will enjoy drinking it.
- ➮【"Big Eyes", Water Level Display】 You can check the amount of water remaining in the cat fountain at any time through the display window. There is no need to tediously open the lid of the cat fountain. This can't be done on ordinary stainless steel cat fountain. It can save your time.
- ➮【SUS304, Healthy Food Grade Material】 Pet water fountain is made of high quality stainless steel imported from Germany. It is resistant to high temperature, corrosion and oxidation, fully reflecting the quality and safety. Compared with plastic materials, pet water fountain can effectively prevent black chin in cats. (Note: the water level window is not stainless steel and cannot be used in the sterilizer)
Things to Consider Before Buying Cat Fountains
We have shown you the four most popular cat fountains on the market, to give you a clearer idea of the appliance and its operation, but our task certainly does not end here.
We have conducted a detailed search, the results of which will be shown in the next lines, to wipe out all your doubts! If you are interested in the topic, keep reading, you will find useful and interesting information.
A Comfortable Solution
Cats are animals that are notoriously not very fond of drinking: they tend to develop certain problems such as constipation and poorly functioning kidneys.
For this reason, resorting to a device that encourages them to drink is a useful solution, especially if you spend many hours outside the home, and you cannot make sure that the cat always has everything available.
The automatic drinking fountain, in particular, is an object that guarantees your friend to have filtered and freshwater, because it returns to the tank after arriving in the bowl.
The Filtering System
The price of the model depends a lot on the size and the filtering system. Of course, cats do not like to let vibrissae come into contact with the bowl, so opt for an article that has a fairly large one.
Based on the number of felines present in the house, it is also necessary to choose the type of filter. There are those with activated carbon that need to be replaced periodically, so they involve a little extra expense. The cheapest is certainly the one that uses simple gravity to refill the bowl when it is completely emptied.
Another very popular model is the one with a system that pumps oxygen, creating a series of bubbles which, however, could scare the cat most reluctant to the news.
A factor to consider is also that of noise: products with the engine will certainly be less silent, but, in any case, one must be aware that all types produce a sound similar to that of radiators.
The materials available are various: those resistant to contact with water are preferred, as they do not oxidize, making the object unusable after some time. However, being cats very disciplined, you would do well to prefer the same element of which the bowl is made: ceramic or plastic, if not steel.
The best automatic fountain on the market will be the one that accompanies an affordable price of valid filters, so much so that you have to clean them every two weeks. Hair and limestone tend to nest, making the filling system less efficient.
To dispel any further doubts, once you have identified the model you like, reading the reviews of other users who have already purchased, it can help you make the final decision.
Advantages and Disadvantages of A Cat Fountain
Aesthetically, there is no doubt that cat fountains are very nice and also make furnishings. But obviously, that’s not the main reason why you should consider buying it. Here are the advantages and disadvantages that characterize cat fountains:
- They attract the attention of the cat, which consequently drinks more.
- They guarantee fresh and clean water 24 hours a day.
- They have a compact design and can accommodate large water capacities.
- They are easy to clean, like a simple drinker.
- They are equipped with technologies that make them silent.
- They don’t have to be plugged into a socket all day, and they generally consume little.
- They do not force you to check how much water is left continuously.
- Most models warn through a LED light when the water level starts to be too low.
- The initial investment is not indifferent but is offset over the long term.
- It will take you a little longer to clean it.
Are There Cat Fountains without Cables?
Yes, you can also find some fully automatic fountains (better known as sensor cat fountains). These are devices that activate the functioning of the water flow when the cat approaches within a certain radius.
In this way, the energy-saving is greater, you will not have an extra cable between your feet, and also from the aesthetic point of view, the fountain will make the home environment pleasant. These models generally cost slightly more but are convenient in the long run because they limit consumption.
What Materials Is a Cat Fountain Made Of?
They can be different, as well as for traditional drinkers (or bowls), but plastic is generally used. Since there are several components, such as the water pump, the filter, and the diffusers, it is important to disassemble the appliance to clean each element that composes it effectively.
Let’s see in detail which materials can be used to manufacture these products:
- Plastic fountain: The best options use the highest quality plastic, low price guarantee, and prolonged use over time. It will be necessary to take care of it and clean it carefully, as the plastic tends to wear out more, forming small cracks in which bacteria risk to nest.
- Stainless steel fountain: Material that stands out for its lightness and excellent resistance. In addition to being hypoallergenic, it is compact and prevents the appearance of cracks, guarantees a more than good capacity, between two and four liters, and eliminates unwanted odors.
- Ceramic fountain: The ceramic cat fountains are very robust, difficult to break, and last over time. They keep the water temperature well thanks to the thermal properties of the material, which are easy to clean but get dirty easily, with the risk of attracting germs and bacteria.
How to Choose the Best Drinking Fountain for Cats?
Noise, power, capacity are just some of the factors to consider before buying the best cat fountain for your needs. In reality, this small but very important accessory is made up of many components which, to avoid unnecessary and excessive shopping, it is essential to know everyone.
And if you’re wondering if a cat fountain is noisy, the answer is no. All the gears and mechanisms used to compose these particular products are extremely silent: the only noise you will hear, when active, is the natural flow of water: a sound that, in some moments, could even be relaxing.
But not all models are the same: our advice is to inform you also about the noise of the chosen model, in order not to have bad surprises. It is measured in decibels and is an element usually present on the datasheet.
Capacity is another factor to consider before purchasing the best cat fountain. Clearly, the greater the capacity, the longer the use time before rinsing, but the greater the footprint of the drinker.
Generally, the capacity of a drinking fountain for cats varies between 1-liter wine and up to three liters: our advice is to choose the model with the capacity that best suits your space needs.
Almost all fountains for cats use activated carbon filters; others use an ultraviolet filter, still others an ion exchange filter that mineralizes the water.
The essential thing, however, is that in the chosen fountain, there is also a prefilter, an additional component that eliminates odors and prevents the spread of germs and bacteria: in this way, the cat’s health will be protected. Here are the characteristics of the three most popular filters:
- Ion Exchange Filter: works according to the same concept as water purifiers for humans, it is the most suitable (but also the most expensive). It is excellent for preventing the appearance of kidney stones or mobility problems.
- Ultraviolet Filter: purifies the water using an ultraviolet lamp capable of eliminating any harmful microorganism, but does not normalize the pH and mineralization.
- Activated Carbon Filter: this is the most used filter in this product category and purifies the water by eliminating all contaminants, especially chemical particles. It is an excellent solution to eliminate bad odors.
Although there are battery-powered cat fountains on sale, the most common model is the one that must be connected to an electrical outlet to function.
The choice of this particular varies according to the needs of each one, but our advice is to aim towards the classic current type, to prevent the fountain from draining and not being functional for a long period.
Most cat fountains consume relatively little. Our advice, however, is always to check this factor by reading the value on the package, which must be reported by law by the seller.
There are also some drinking fountains for cats that don’t always work, but that use motion sensors to activate only when the cat passes by.
This is an excellent solution to avoid unnecessary waste, but, initially, it may be difficult to make the feline understand how the whole mechanism works.
Ease of Cleaning
It is another very important factor because regardless of the model chosen, all owners will always have the burden of guaranteeing their cat clean and clear water.
For this reason, now and then, the cat fountain must be thoroughly cleaned, completely dismantling it and eliminating dirt residues: it is really important to safeguard the health of the cat!
Our advice is to inquire before buying about the ease of cleaning of the chosen model, also by reading the different reviews that other users leave in e-commerce around the world.