The principle behind the operation of wok pots lies in the form, which conveys the ingredients into the basin where the heat is concentrated in which they are then mixed, from the inside towards the large, less incandescent walls, and so on, in a swirling motion.
Together with the skill of those who use it, the right wok requires the presence of individual characteristics, in the choice of materials as well as the shape, which must be taken into consideration before choosing to buy the most performing accessory.
Although characteristic of Asian cuisine, this utensil can also be successfully adapted to ours. In this guide and the ranking below, we will guide you to discover the works of the best brands to help you choose. Here we will be listing the top 14 best carbon steel woks.
- Heavy 15 gauge (1.8mm) carbon steel, commercial grade. Original design by Craft Wok since 2014, proven quality over the years.
- Traditional chinese wok pan with round bottom: not suitable for flat electric or flat induction stove. Do not forget to season it before use! Instructions for easy seasoning are included with the wok. Our customer service is ready to guide through the process whenever you need it.
- Hand hammered by Chinese professionals in Guangzhou. This wok is the proven choice of many professional Chinese chefs. Wok weight: 4.6 pounds (2.1 kg). Heavy and sturdy.
- [COOK TASTY DISHES YOU LIKE]: 12.5inch wok cookware from KYTD is large enough for the whole family. you can cook all kinds of tasty food and try various cooking techniques, like pan-frying, braising, boiling, steaming, deep-frying and so on.
- [PREMIUM CARBON STEEL]: Our traditional Chinese hand hammered wok is made of 1.5mm thick black carbon steel, it can ensure fast heat up and superior heat distribution. In addition, we adopt nitriding craftsmanship to avoid rusting. And it is thin and lightweight, the weight about approach 3IB, it is convenient for women to lift wok pan and make delicious meals at home.
- [SUITABLE FOR STOVES]: 12.5inch cast iron flat bottom wok frying pan stands for induction cooktop, electric top stove, gas cooker, glass stove top, ceramic stove and other direct heat sources. but you’d better not use it on flat base stove.
- GENUINE TASTE: Discover the rich, authentic flavors of Chinese and other Asian cuisines in your own home. The Yosukata 13,5 inch wok with flat bottom is specially designed to lock the juice and flavor inside ingredients
- PRE-SEASONED: Our carbon steel wok is pre-seasoned at high temperatures over 600F using special technics unlike unseasoned woks and stir fry pans. Still require full seasoning with oil like any Chinese wok
- HIGH-QUALITY MATERIALS: This large wok pan is made from heavy-duty, black carbon steel. The ergonomic design of the wooden handle ensures a comfy grip when you use this pow wok
- 12.5" DIAMETER W/ FLAT BOTTOM - Tested thoroughly and works on electric stoves, induction stoves, gas ranges and other heat sources.
- CARBON STEEL - Is the best and most common material for woks these days. It's lightweight and responds to heat changes quickly and evenly. It can also sustain super high temperatures without damage- perfect for wok cooking!
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED - Includes a gorgeous wooden lid and a stainless steel spatula. The handle is wooden and will not get hot during use.
- Flat bottom wok - Flat base sits securely on any stovetop. Suitable for gas and electric cooking.
- Authentically hammered wok - 100% hand hammered pow wok with machine pressed flat base. Crafted by our team of master craftsmen in Guangdong, China.
- Heavy duty wok - Traditional wok used by professional chefs. This Chinese wok is built to last and stand up to the demands of busy commercial kitchens. With a little TLC, your wok can be just like the one my mamma owned for decades.
- What You Get：12.5-inch carbon steel pan, wooden lid, wok spatula, 12.5-inch cooking chopsticks, and Loofah pot brush. Worry-free 12-month warranty, and friendly customer service.
- Easy to use: Compared with cast iron pan and stainless steel pans, the woks & stir-fry pans are light in weight and extremely fast in heating speed, convenient for women to lift, and can be used in various cooking methods, like pan-frying, braising, boiling, steaming, deep-frying and so on. This chinese wok (japanese cookware)can make more Asian food.
- It's Durable: There is no chemical coating and PFOA.So it more durable than the coated pan. In addition, we adopt nitriding craftsmanship to avoid rusting, Although it is not a non-stick pan, it will become more and more non-stick during the right seasoning and care process.
- HIGH-QUALITY MATERIALS: This large professional wok pan is made from heavy-duty, 15 gauge carbon steel. The ergonomic design of the wooden handle ensures a comfy grip when you use this cooking wok
- PRE-SEASONED: Our carbon steel wok is pre-seasoned at high temperatures using special technics, unlike unseasoned woks and stir fry pans. Don’t worry about pre-seasoning your Chinese hammered crafted wok anymore
- GENUINE TASTE: Discover the rich, authentic flavors of Chinese, Korean, Japanese cuisines in your own home. The Yosukata 14 inch wok with round bottom is specially designed to lock the juice and flavor inside ingredients
- Each piece is unique: Just like there are no identical leaves in the world, there is no craft wok with the same pattern. Therefore, It can be passed on for generations durable, and of great significance.
- What you get：14-inch carbon steel wok pan , wok rack and Sponge. They are vital for any Asian food lover or Asian eating establishment. Worry-free 12-month warranty, and friendly customer service.
- Professional chefs choose :This wok made of high-quality materials (1.8MM carbon steel), transfers heat more efficiently, searing foods more effectively than woks of other materials, and retains heat longer.
- Order before 10th December to get your wok before Christmas. Our woks dispatched from our US warehouse within 48 hours when the order was confirmed.
- The workhorse wok - Traditional wok used by professional chefs. This Chinese wok is built to last and stand up to the demands of busy commercial kitchens. With a little TLC, your wok can be just like the one Mamma Fong owned for decades.
- Authentically hammered wok - 100% hand hammered pow wok, made by our team of master craftsmen in Guangdong, China. Each Chinese wok is uniquely crafted with precision, passion and care.
- A wok to pass down to the next generation - 4 ½ lbs. of Chinese cooking innovation. 1.8mm thick commercial quality carbon steel hand hammered by professionals in Guangdong, China.
- PRE – SEASONED: We do the work for you. Sealed with natural oils at intense heat creating a superb and slippery non-stick surface, allowing you to create delicious stir-fries and more.
- Delightful bamboo handle comes with a hole perfect for hanging the wok in storage.
Things to Consider Before Buying Best Carbon Steel Woks
Directly from the oriental tradition, wok pot has now also conquered European and homegrown tables and kitchens. Its characteristic concave shape and its considerable size make it suitable for cooking, frying, sauteing and browning a vast range of ingredients.
This tool is particularly versatile and suitable for different types of cooking: from sautéed vegetables with a little oil and low-calorie content to the frying of meat and fish in oil. The unmistakable flared shape of this pan ensures optimal heat conduction and diffusion to cook all the ingredients to perfection.
Form and Cultural Differences
The idea of taking advantage of a trip to Asia to choose a wok directly in his homeland risks proving to be a big disappointment.
Our hobs are very different from the oriental ones, whose fire reaches extensions unthinkable for us, and on them, the enormous pans of the Rising Sun would never be able to stand or even warm-up.
Comparing the prices, you will see that the models on sale in the Italian market have reduced dimensions and the basin is cleverly hidden in a structure that, from the outside, seems identical to that of a regular pot, to remain in balance.
In addition to this, our products use non-stick materials to limit the use of animal or vegetable fats as much as possible, and attention to health that oily Chinese noodles certainly do not have.
Heat is the pivot around which the kitchen around the world revolves, but the wok is one of the inventions that best knows how to exploit it. Even without needing to resort to the blaze of Asian restaurants, even our hobs manage to make the body of this type of pan reach high temperatures, exposing the risk of burning fingers and palms.
User reviews are unanimous in recommending a lot of attention, when you have to choose a wok model, to the coating material that wraps the handle.
Which, in addition to giving it an ergonomic shape to ensure a firm grip, must also offer excellent thermal insulation. Wood is the most popular, also for the refinement, it can give to a pan, but those looking for a lower price will find other equally valid materials.
Accessories of All Types
Even with horror from the wok purists, for whom the only accessory allowed is the energetic metal scoop that accompanies the preparations, the pans on the Italian market are rich in inserts and accessories, which allow you to apply the extraordinary benefits for cooking in many areas.
There are models equipped with a grill, which, filled with oil, turn into excellent fryers, or others with two handles for long and complicated recipes such as the famous Spanish paella.
For those who have decided to cook dishes that require long waiting times, there are many types available with a lid on the market. Finally, to preserve the non-stick coating, many companies recommend replacing metal with wooden utensils.
Features of Carbon Steel Woks
The versatility of a wok pot is only discovered by starting to use it because plate after plate you realize you can use it to prepare everything and not only oriental-inspired dishes as you might be led to believe. Specifically, this model of TVS brings an additional advantage thanks to its excellent non-stick property.
A Matter of Form
The characteristic shape of a wok is one of its secrets, and this Mineralia Pro model is no exception, with the profoundly rounded internal part and the flat external base. In this way, once on the fire, the heat is better distributed, and the food is cooked without problems.
The merit is also of the presence, in the internal structure, of aluminium which gives its valid contribution to the uniformity of the temperature inside the pan.
Returning to the shape, not everyone said they were satisfied because it happened that the wok arrived a little oval or with some dents, the result of an untreated transport but also of a not impeccable general quality, which translates into a limited resistance.
Let’s say that on average, the materials are discreet with the added value of the coating that allows you to pass everything else in the background.
It Does Not Cost Much.
Analyzing the sale price and comparing it with that of other works on the market, we notice how the outlay that must be sustained is limited. The TVS pot is cheap and this, in part, justifies an undoubtedly improved sturdiness.
The soft-touch handle is visible, ensuring an ergonomic and non-fatiguing handle, thanks also to the overall weight of the pan. The dimensions rotate around the diameter of 28 centimetres and allow to prepare adequate quantities of food to satisfy a family of four or five components.