The subwoofer is a particular audio device to be mounted in your car to significantly improve the reproduction performance of low frequencies and ensure a more full-bodied and enveloping sound. There are all types on the market, and it is possible to mount it in any car. Here are the best models and how to choose them.
Born to improve the quality of audio in cars, the car subwoofer is a very particular speaker. Much loved by audiophiles, built to reproduce low frequencies ranging from 20 to 150 Hz and which, to work at better.
It requires the use of an amplifier which can be internal or external which is given the task of isolating the medium and high frequencies.
It is an essential element for all those people who want quality audio in their car, which stands out for the depth of its bass and which improves listening even in the cars that have one supplied. Here we will be listing the top 11 best car subwoofers.
- BOOSTED OUTPUT CAPABILITY – specialized tuned port with computer aided design, 2” Voice Coils and 41-ounce magnets will vastly increase output efficiency for your subwoofers providing you with consistent low sounding bass
- DIGITALLY OPTIMIZED SUBWOOFERS – Carefully crafted for efficient and accurate bass, 1, 200 Watts of peak power, 400 watts RMS at 2 Ohm impedance and frequency range 30Hz – 250Hz for unrivalled sound
- ILLUMINATED TRIM RING – its illumiNITE design creates a surreal viewing experience while the ventilated control circuitry system ensures system coolness during peak usage delivering studio quality performance
- powered polypropylene subwoofer with built-in amplifier that matches the woofer performance at 150W RMS or 450W Peak.
- 12" (305mm) woofer
- 35 - 120Hz frequency response
- Experience the unbeatable power of dual-loaded subwoofers with a maximum power of 1200W and a reliable RMS output of 400W, conveniently enclosed to deliver outstanding performance
- Enjoy profound, resonant bass as the 2-inch aluminum single 2-ohm voice coil and the 48-ounce magnet work together in flawless harmony, delivering a powerful audio performance
- Ensuring speaker durability features a rubber surround and polypropylene cone; Solid 5/8 inch MDF construction, covered in black carpet, keeps your subwoofers securely in place
- Powerful Bass - 12-inch subwoofer and built-in amplifier, it produces a dynamic bass response that enhances the audio experience. It adds depth and richness, creating an immersive and thrilling soundstage that brings your music to life.Waterproof : No
- Amplified Design - All in one design simplifies installation and space, making it an ideal choice for vehicles with limited space. Built-in amplifier ensures optimal power delivery to the subwoofer, eliminating the need for an external amplifier.
- Low-Pass Crossover - Adjusting the crossover point (20 Hz – 130 Hz), you can customize the subwoofer's output to match your preferences and the characteristics of your audio system. Enables you to achieve a balanced sound and preventing any overlap in the frequency response.
- Rockville RV8.2A Single 8" Bass Enclosure System With matching Mono Block Amplifier
- 800 Watts Peak Power / 250 Watts RMS CEA-2031 Rating
- Dual 8" Bass Enclosure System with matching Mono Block Amplifier
- Built-in Amplifier - With a MOSFET power supply you get improved switching speeds, better performance with less power from the driver, lower gate-to-drain feedback capacitance, lower thermal impedance for higher switching frequencies
- Variable Low-Pass Filter - A low-pass filter is an electronic circuit that removes all the notes above the filter's frequency setting. You will use the Low-pass filter to primarily keep high notes out of your subwoofer(s)
- High Level Inputs - Speaker level inputs are commonly referred to as high-level inputs. It will be used to connect the LOPRO10 to your factory radio or an aftermarket radio that does not have low-level (RCA) inputs
- Double stitched treated paper cone
- Composite foam
- 2" Dual voice coil
- 【Powerful Bass Performance】Immerse yourself in a world of deep, resonant bass with the HYANKA 400W 8 Inch Compact Underseat Subwoofer. Boasting a robust RMS power of 100W, this sleek and compact subwoofer ensures a powerful and immersive audio experience for your car, truck, or Jeep.
- 【Crystal-Clear Sound Quality】With a Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) of less than 0.5% and a Signal-to-Noise Ratio exceeding 90dB, our SODA-08ASW model delivers crystal-clear sound quality. Every note and beat are reproduced faithfully, allowing you to enjoy your favorite tunes with unparalleled clarity.
- 【Wide Frequency Range】Experience the full spectrum of sound with a generous frequency response ranging from 20Hz to 150Hz. Whether you're a fan of heart-pounding beats or subtle background melodies, this subwoofer caters to a diverse range of musical preferences.
- Rockville SS8P 8" 400w Slim Under-Seat Active Powered Car/Truck Subwoofer Sub.
- Enclosure is made out of cast aluminum which stays cool at all times. Peak Power Handling: 400 Watts.
- RMS Power Handling: 100 Watts. Heavy Duty Mounting Feet. PWM MOSFET Power Supply. Low Level RCA Input. High Level Inputs with Auto Turn-On Technology. Adjustable Input Sensitivity. Soft Delayed Remote Turn-On. Thermal Protection Circuit, Short Protection Circuit. Overload Protection Circuit. Green Power/Red Protect LED. Phase Switch: 0° or 180°.
- WOOFER BOXES - TUBE
- Seventour ST-800 10 inch Ultra Slim Under Seat Active Powered Car/Truck Subwoofer with Built-In Amplifier, Enclosure made of cast aluminum for excellent heat dissipation and reliable performance.
- This is a new 2023 upgraded car subwoofer audio that features a personalized spider speaker protector as well as a speaker LED ambient light ring design. When the car is started, the subwoofer lights up with blue LED lights. Make your car look more cool and dynamic.
- This ST-800 car subwoofer includes wired bass volume remote control. With gain, bass boost and crossover controls, peak power: 800 watts, giving you a stunning bass experience.
Things to Consider Before Buying Best Car Subwoofers
The first concerns the balance of the system: purchasing a too powerful subwoofer, which will go alongside the less powerful speakers, could lead to an incorrect audio balance in the car: as a result, you will hear much more the low frequencies that medium and high ones.
The second concerns the power of the amplifier: especially in passive subwoofers, it is essential to be sure to use an amplifier capable of supporting the power of the subwoofer.
Our advice is to avoid placing the subwoofer side by side with an amplifier that is too powerful, and to try to create a balanced sound system in the car: it would be good if all the speakers used and the amplifier is in line with regards to power.
The sensitivity of the subwoofer is a determining value for sound stability when the volume is raised and for the relative sound level. It is measured in Hz and establishes the range of low frequencies that will be reproduced with the subwoofer: it is very important before that greatly affects the sound quality.
The dimensions of the subwoofer are measured in inches. The smallest subwoofers on the market are 4 inches, but some models can even reach 34 inches. Mainly, in the automotive world, subwoofers of 4 different sizes are used.
8, 10, 12 and 15 inches, a measure that represents nothing more than the diameter of the speaker that is used. On average, though, the most popular car subwoofers are 12-inch ones.
The size of a car subwoofer affects the power and quality of the sound reproduced. The diameter of the speaker is very important precisely because, especially for the reproduction of low frequencies, the subwoofer needs to move a much more significant amount of air.
Number of Coils
The coils allow you to customize the parameters of the subwoofer and on the market, it is possible to find single coil, double coil or even three coil subwoofers.
The greater the number of coils, the greater the possibility of configuration in power or decibels. You can, therefore, have more control over audio reproduction and more stable sound even at higher volumes, or better sound quality at lower volumes.
Our advice is to target products with a maximum of two reels unless you are a professional audiophile who has learned to manage and configure these parameters according to your needs with time and constancy.
The design of a car subwoofer is also very important because it is precisely from its shape that the possibility of positioning this particular device in the trunk of the car or, perhaps, under the front seats depends.
There are subwoofers for cars with different shapes on the market. Still, our advice is to make sure that the model chosen can be positioned in the car, without having to sacrifice too much space and to guarantee an enveloping sound without particular obstacles.
The materials with which a subwoofer is made are also important. Because the quality of the reproduced sound also depends on the materials.
The vast majority of car subwoofers are made of plastic or steel and acrylic. Still, our advice is to evaluate the purchase of models covered in felt, so that you can weld them perfectly in your car, avoiding unpleasant creaks and vibrations in the course of your journey.
It is a model that has a remote control with which to change its settings and a cap to close the sub to transform it into a closed box reflex. It integrates an MXE-M150CKD amplifier with a maximum power of 150W.
The Sony XS-NW1202 is a very powerful 1800 watt passive subwoofer, with a frequency range from 30-1000 Hz. It is made with a decidedly robust type case and can guarantee precise and very powerful bass. The passive speaker is 12 inches and is also prepared for the installation of an external amplifier.