Camping cots are essential if you are traveling with a child. Due to the size, weight, and, in general, because they are not designed to be moved from one place to another, cots and cots used at home are not suitable items to take on the go. Therefore, it is essential to have a portable and light cot available.
During their first months of life, babies do nothing but sleep and eat. They spend most of their time in their cradle. If you are planning a vacation or simply intend to spend a night outside the house, you will need a camping cot.
- ELEVATED COMFORT: Eliminates the discomfort of sleeping on rough or cold ground
- BUILT TO LAST: Strong cross-bar steel frame
- SUPPORTS: Up to 300 lb.
- Country Of Origin : China
- The Package Height Of The Product Is 7.1 Inches
- The Package Length Of The Product Is 37 Inches
- CAMP COMFORTABLY: Thick, comfortable camping pad feels just like your bed at home; Open-cell foam pad; With this sleeping pad you’ll have your most comfortable camping trip yet
- EXTRA INSULATION AND COMFORT: Camping pad provides another layer of insulation; Stay warm in your sleeping bag with our camp pad, an extra layer of comfort and warmth
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND EASY TO USE: Easy to carry to the campsite; Roll-up straps with compression buckles make storage of your pad quick, compact and easy
- Made of sturdy Ripstop fabric minimizing carry weight without sacrificing long term durability
- Aluminum frame is extremely lightweight and will be sure to provide a long lasting use
- Compact foldable design with included shoulder carry bag makes transporting and storing a breeze
- 【REMOVABLE SOFT CUSHION】- Soft cushions add extra comfort. In hot weather, the cushion can also be taken away to increase the air permeability
- 【Foldable and Portable】-The portable cot can be folded and put into a carry bag, making it easy to take to your campsite and perfect for outdoor rest.
- 【Durable Steel Frame】-Heavy-duty steel tubing, X-shaped structure of the travel cot ensure safety and stability, and can support up to 450 pounds, enough to support a strong adult.
- PIVOT ARM REVOLUTION: Cot setup just became child’s play; The pivot arm is a built-in lever that makes putting that last end bar in place quick and easy; No more wrestling with that fourth corner; Look for "Outfitter With Pivot Arm" in the selector box
- STRONG AND STURDY: Reinforced steel S-leg assembly strengthens the cot and provides stability; Portable folding cot makes camp set up hassle free
- GET OFF THE GROUND: Take the comfort of a bed to the outdoors; Sleep free from rocks and other unlevel surfaces when you use this TETON Sports Cot; You deserve a good night’s sleep when you’re camping; Wake up refreshed
- Folding camping cot offers bed-like comfort for a restful night's sleep
- Provides superior support with coil suspension system and thick foam mattress
- Durable steel frame can support up to 275 pounds and accommodate most people up to 5 feet 7 inches tall
- ▶【SUPER CONVENIENT】: The folding camping cot can be folded in Seconds. Perfect for overnight hiking, trekking, hunting, road trip,home relaxing,or office break uses.A great companion to take to the Pool, Lake, RV, Campsite, Patio, Deck, Tent or Cabin.It can be used as a bed for your guest as well.Super convenient!!
- ▶【PREMIUM FABRIC】: This Camping Cot is constructed in a Double Layer of 1200 D oxford for Superior Strength, Water Resistance & Easy- Cleaning. For cleaning, you can wipe the top fabric and the poles with a wet cloth. The crossbar of the cot is lower than the fabric of it. You will sleep well and won’t feel the bar.
- ▶【DURABLE FRAME & LIGHT WEIGHT】: The sleeping cots for adult with square high strength steel tubes frame is designed to fully support you and allow you to relax fully.Supports up to 600 lbs,it can bear 1 adult or 2 children sleeping on it to rest. Besides,these cots only Weights 15.8 lbs, which can be portable for you to carry for outdoor activities.
- ▶【STRONG AND STURDY】 The folding camping cot is made of high quality material, strong and sturdy. Upgrade the bed surface, double layer 1200D high density striped Oxford cloth, two layers 1200D quiet stitching twice as strong.
- ▶【HEAVY DUTY & STABLE】 There are four anti-concave reinforcement belts on the back of the reinforced version, closely fits the human body curve to ensure healthy sleep. The legs are reinforced with cross-tube balance weights. The side of the bed is not inverted, and the right angle is no longer expanded, the upgrade adopts 3MM rubber-coated steel wire lock. 1 inch bold square tube bracket, the load can reach 880lb.
- ▶【WIDER SIZE & EASY TO SETUP】 The heavy duty wide sleeping cot for adults measures 75"* 28"*15.7" when open, folded dimension is 41.3'' * 9.8''. No assembly required, incredibly quick and easy to set up. Easily fold up the small camping cot within 10 seconds and store it into carrty bag. Fold up to fit inside most car trunks.
- No assembly and no tools:This cot can be installed don't need assembled or no tools required.It can be set up and folded quickly,The camping cot is 75inches long and 28inches wide,it can be folded and placed in a carry bag（include）The storage size is 10"x6"x42"(L×W×H)Takes up very little space,the camping bed can support max 450LB weight,its a camping cot for adults and kids who can be enjoyed.
- Stable and durable:The frame of this folding cot is thick metal tube, which is very stable.10 supporting legs with anti-skid pads are firmly supported on the ground,which greatly increases safety.Our cots surface material is high-quality double layer Oxford cloth,which density is 1200D,durable,non-cracking,waterproof.Now you will don't worried about aging and cracking due to rain or sun exposure.
- Comfortable:You will not need a pillow,because the head part of the cot is upturned structure,the head and tail are filled with some sponge.Even if you are a side sleeper,you will not feel the neck or shoulder pressure and pain.You can also put some goods in the side pocket.So this sleeping cot is comfortable and convenient.
- 【HEAVY DUTY & STABLE】Unique square high strength 25mm steel tubes, triangle structure and concave-convex symmetry design. Weights 7.2kg/15.8lbs; supports up to 450 lbs.
- 【DURABLE & COMFORTABLE】Breathable 600D double layer oxford fabric. Sleep comfortable without pillow as the angle of the top flanges. Fits most people up to 6'8".
- 【PORTABLE】Fold up to fit inside most car trunks. Storage bag included for easy transport and store. Perfect for adults, children/kids, staff, campers, explorers, or unexpected house guest.
Things to Consider Before Buying Camping Cots
Before selecting a camping bed, it is useful to know better the characteristics that these articles intended for children should have.
Since they will accompany them during their first years of life, it is necessary to deepen some aspects. Below, we show you the most frequently asked questions and doubts that parents may have about camping beds.
From Zero to Four Years
There are many solutions, some designed to serve only in a specific period or in a special context. Other proposals are more versatile and easy to adapt to follow the fast growth of the child.
They are the two height-adjustable models, which help you to have your baby immediately within reach when needed and allow you to take advantage of the space underneath the mattress as a container.
When the child grows up and transforms into a small climber, the mattress moves to the level of the base of the structure and also acts as a playpen for safe moments of play.
The structure of this kind of camping bed is standard, the four sides of the parallelepiped are of padded metal and easily foldable, while the walls are of synthetic material, and a breathable mesh allows the free circulation of air inside and also of being able to keep an eye on the baby’s sleep easily.
Usually, these models can accompany the growth of the child up to his 15 kilos, a weight that corresponds to different ages depending on the build but which usually corresponds to three / four years.
They do not just replace the cot: these practical, easily transportable elements often have to perform various functions by making the most of the limited space of holiday homes or campers on a camping trip.
It is easy to find models in which accessory functions are available such as the presence of a comfortable changing table to be placed on the upper edge to facilitate changing and have a shelf within reach without having to bend over or do stunts.
The changing table can be assembled, disassembled, and stowed away under the mattress, so as not to create any bulk.
Other accessories often present in the richer gadget models are the suspensions that let the cute plush toys dangle on top of the baby’s head, to offer a diversion before bedtime, and are usually removable and compatible even on the stroller.
The presence of a lateral zipper facilitates the entry and, if necessary, the autonomous exit of the child from the cot. This is because once the diaper is removed, it is easier for the baby to reach the potty without having to overcome unnecessary obstacles.
If you are not in the category of those that compare prices but decide to purchase to meet specific needs, then you will be pleased to know that ad hoc solutions are available for infants, which only work for the short period in which the children are very small.
So if you have decided that this year we will start even if the baby was born recently and you do not want to load an excessive weight in your suitcase to ensure a comfortable and welcoming bed, consider the pop-up models with extremely low weight and therefore easy to carry even if you don’t have particularly strong biceps.
Although we have not decided to include these beds in our ranking of reviews of the best brands, it is good that you know that there are models of this type, an extra tip to take into account!
How to Choose a Camping Bed?
When choosing good support for the little one, even when camping, it is good to have the dimensions and functionality of a cot worthy of the name clear. Below we have collected some useful tips for a relaxing holiday for everyone.
Follow the Assembly Instructions
In models designed for a nap outside the home, it is good to take manual instructions and follow the instructions in the best possible way.
In this way, you understand how to connect and assemble the main structure and the baby mattress.
Experience the Solidity of The Structure
Once you have placed the bed, before placing the baby inside it, we suggest you try the solidity and the perfect insertion of all the parts in the right places.
Lift the finished structure to also test the overall weight and understand well whether or not it is easy to transport.
The Right Support for Every Age
Before buying the product that’s right for you, we suggest you take all the appropriate information. Different models are designed to cope with a different age group.
We advise you not to place already grown children in a cot designed for small children; the risk that the former manages to climb the side barriers is decidedly high.
Check the Quality of The Materials
A check of the various materials and areas dedicated to rest must go hand in hand with a check of the feet with which the object is fixed to the ground.
The corners should be rounded to prevent the little one who inadvertently slams us from getting hurt.
Get Familiar with Opening and Closing the Cot
The choice of a camping model often brings with it an opening system called “umbrella” or sequential assembly.
Before setting off on a journey, check that everything works for the best, perhaps by trying under the house or in a garden, the opening, and the procedures to close the support.
Keep the Mattress Clean
Once the structure has been arranged, you can take care of the base of the cot, keeping the mattress on which to place the baby in the best possible state.
Insert it in the best way, making sure that there are no exposed parts or passages in which the child can put his feet.
Take Advantage of The Presence of A-Side Zip
On the outside, there is usually a convenient opening. The advice is to use it to facilitate the entry and exit of the baby, inviting him to crawl or take the first steps in his camping bed.
Put the Cot Back in Its Bag
The vast majority of these models require transportation with a dedicated travel kit. At the end of the holiday, when the time has come to return to the base, it is a good idea to check and dismantle the bed piece by piece, taking care to clean the areas that are too old and put everything in a transport bag at the end of the work.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Open and Close a Camping Bed?
In this case, the rule always dictates the manufacturer; in fact, each model is designed separately. Often the more or less facilitated opening represents an element on which the various companies compete, trying to conquer a larger slice of customers than other manufacturers.
Therefore it is important to carefully evaluate the opening and closing system, together with the locking system, to avoid the risk of accidental closing.
These are the parameters to be taken into consideration when choosing the cradle, which must also be comfortable and easy to use during your travels and overnight stays away from home.
Can the Camping Bed Use as Normal Bed?
In general, there are no reasons not to use this stand as a permanent bed, but some factors should be kept in mind. By its nature, the structure of the field bed is lighter and, therefore, less stable than the classic wooden bed.
Over time, the baby could make it even less stable because it would inevitably tend to move and fidget inside. If you want to use the field bed during the first few years of life, so when the child still does not have well-developed mobility, it is necessary to make minimal changes.
The bed has a rigid and well-stable base, and to this, you just need to add an ergonomic mattress suitable for guaranteeing stable support.
What Weight Can a Camping Bed Withstand?
Usually, the field bed is approved to support the weight of the child up to 15 kilos. A value that is considered as a specific reference, but that does not correspond to a precise age. Each child reaches this weight at different times in his development.
On average, this weight corresponds to three years, but it is not a reliable parameter. So it is good to carefully evaluate the manufacturer’s indications and check what the maximum weight is for the specific model you are considering purchasing.
How to Assemble a Camping Bed?
Most often, the camping bed is proposed already assembled but folded on itself and requires limited intervention by the owner.
If the bed requires a more structured intervention, it is essential to check that the instructions provided are very clear and detailed. If not, the other way forward is the documentation that is available online.
The forums and blogs of parents who used that specific model are often accompanied by videos that illustrate the best way to open, close, or assemble the cot.
How to Clean a Camping Bed?
The camping bed is made most of the time, with materials that are easy to keep clean. The walls are in synthetic fabric, which is sanitized with a simple wipe of a damp cloth.
The parts in contact with the baby can be thoroughly cleaned, but there is no need to disinfect all the surfaces with which it will be in contact.
A wet piece of water alone is sufficient to remove food incrustations or other dirt. A neutral soap to rinse thoroughly can remove deeper stains.
Being flush with the ground and with mesh walls, it is easy to catch dirt and build up dust. The mechanical action of the vacuum cleaner is sufficient to remove most of the dirt that can accumulate inside the bed.