Camping cots are essential if you are traveling with a child. Due to the size, weight, and, in general, because they are not designed to be moved from one place to another, cots and cots used at home are not suitable items to take on the go. Therefore, it is essential to have a portable and light cot available.
During their first months of life, babies do nothing but sleep and eat. They spend most of their time in their cradle. If you are planning a vacation or simply intend to spend a night outside the house, you will need a camping cot.
- ELEVATED COMFORT: Eliminates the discomfort of sleeping on rough or cold ground.ELEVATED COMFORT: Eliminates the discomfort of sleeping on rough or cold groundBUILT TO LAST: Strong cross-bar steel frameSUPPORTS: Up to 300 lb.MAX HEIGHT: 6 ft. 2 in.DIMENSIONS: 73 x 35 x 17 in.Portable: Folds to fit in most car trunksMilitary-style camping cot ; Extra wide design for more sleeping roomCan accommodate most people up to 6 feet 2 inches tall 1-year limited warranty
- BUILT TO LAST: Strong cross-bar steel frame
- SUPPORTS: Up to 300 lb.
- 【2 pack camping cot】This product include 2 cots and 2 mattresses. So easy to set up. Coming with a carry bag, you can folds up to store or fit in the trunk of cars.
- 【Sturdy Frame】The cots for sleeping with square high-strength steel tube frame is designed to fully to support 450 lbs. Can withstand 1 adult or 2 children sleeping or resting on it.
- 【Premium Fabric】The folding cot is made up of double-layer 1200D Oxford fabric for superior strength, water resistance and easy cleanability, with side pockets that can easily accommodate your phone or keys.
- 🏁【DETACHABLE SOFT PAD】Soft cushions add extra comfort. In hot weather, the cushion can also be taken away for the breathable.
- 🏁【PREMIUM FABRIC】: This camp bed is constructed in a Double Layer of 1200 D oxford for Superior Strength, Water Resistance & Easy- Cleaning. For cleaning, you can wipe the top fabric and the poles with a wet cloth. The crossbar of the cot is lower than the fabric of it. You will sleep well and won’t feel the bar.
- 🏁【DURABLE FRAME】:The adult camping bed is made of a square anti-rust steel frame,supports up to 800 lbs,which is sturdy enough to bear 1 adult or 2 children sleeping on it to rest.
- 【TIPS】 The pad is vacuum-packed, which can be naturally fluffed after 2-3 hours of unpacking. For the cot to unfold flat, refer to the manual. If any questions, please feel free to contact us. We offer 3 years warranty!
- 【No tools or no assembly】You can use this cot no assembly. Fold up and put together in seconds, easy to put in a carry bag/cover. It's a camping cots for adults and kids. Perfect for guest bed, road trip, backyard, office nap, etc.
- 【Comfortable】The head of our camping cot is a incline design. So it doesn't need a pillow! Gentle incline promises no more neck or shoulder ache! The mattress is soft and thick, so this is a very comfortable folding cot.
- 【Camping Cot with Removable Mattress】Fragess camping cot includes an extra soft mattress, which allows you to sleep comfortably. The mattress is removable so you can take the pad away in hot weather.
- 【Foldable and Portable】Portable sleeping bed is easy to set up and take down, you can set it up effortlessly in minutes. Foldable design makes it very easy to transport, and put away in the carry bag. Folding bed size:9.8*7.1*41.3inch, cot weight:17.4lbs. Note: Pls press on each side of the cot to flatten it.
- 【Durable Structure & 600Lbs Max Load】Fragess heavy duty camping bed is constructed in a triangular shape and thicker steel. Each camping bed leg has non-slip pads to ensure safety and stability. Folding camping cot can withstand 600lbs, won't squeak or shake when you sleep. Cot size：75 x 28 x 13.8inch
- 【600D Double Layer Cationicdyed Polyester】 New Camping Cot is constructed in a upgrade 600D double layer cationicdyed polyester for superior strength, water resistance and easy cleaning, equipped with the dutch velvet cot pad,is softable, breathable. Gentle incline promises no more morning back, neck or shoulder ache,will give you a better experience for sleeping and lying.
- 【Upgraded Sleeping Cot】Here are we provide a new design camp cot, All-in-one design,don’t worry about forgetting to bring the pillow or losing the pillow.The 3-IN-1 organizer pocket is for storing your cell phone,keys,water bottle,toys,earplugs and more. Perfect for camping, backpacking, beach, backyard, hiking, office etc.
- 【Enough to Support 800LBS】This camping cot is designed with tubular iron legs,Upgrade with 10 legs,25mm thickened oblate square tubes that adds the travel cot to best stability and carrying capacity. It easily supports up to 800 lbs at most. Perfect for tall and large size heavy people.
- This camping cot can be used without assembly or tools. It folds in seconds and fits easily into the included sturdy bag/case for easy storage and travel. This portable cot is perfect for camping, trip, beach, backyard, office sleep, etc.
- Our cribs are made from high quality double layer 2400D polyester. The thicker Oxford material ensures you won't feel the stems of the tubes, while the slightly raised headrest provides extra comfort. The 0.9 mm oval-square tube provides increased stability.
- This crib weighs only 15 pounds, the storage size is 4.9" x 11", which is very convenient to carry. This travel crib has a large side pocket with 3 different compartments to store your water bottle, phone, glasses, keys, books, toys and more.
- PORTABLE FOLDING COT : This sleeping cot bed can be folded up in seconds. Equipped with one storage bag, easy to carry and store. Great for camping, road trips, beach, backyard, office naps, bedroom, etc.
- STRONG FRAME: Our cots for sleeping adopts thick steel tube bed frame to provide full support, so that you can relax and comfortable; Can bear 1 adult or 2 children sleeping on it to rest；
- PREMIUM FABRIC: This portable folding cot is made of 1200D Oxford fiber, which is super strong and easy to clean; Make it more durable and can last longer;
- 【TIPS】Our oversized mat is vacuum-packed, and it will be naturally fluffy within 1-3 hours after unpacking. To unfold the cot to lay flat, please refer to the manual. 💖2 Years Quality Guarantee: If you have any questions, we provide 7*24 customer service, please feel free to contact us.
- 【Widening Size】Compared with other 's size of 75"*28"*14", Suteck oversized camping folding cot, with unfolded size: 79"*32"*19", mat size: 79"*31.5"*4" ,Folding size: 45"*10", is very easy carrying and storage. The widening design of our portable folding bed will upgrade your comfort experience.
- 【Removable Skin-Friendly Mat】Our camping bed cot for adults has a soft and removable Mat, the 4" thicken cushion makes you more comfortable and warm when resting or sleeping. The cushion is made of skin-friendly and comfortable fabric, which is very suitable for people with sensitive skin or kids. You can also remove the mat when the weather is hot，and tie it up with the delivered zinc alloy buckle strap.
- ADAPT TO ANY TERRAIN: 5 U-shaped support legs make this durable camping bed more suitable for muddy or uneven ground, providing full stability. The low profile camping cot will fits perfectly in your tent because it's low to the ground but it keeps you away from the wet, cold and ground
- STURDY SLEEPING BED: This camping bed cot features a sturdy steel frame and 400D oxford fabric, providing durability and comfort. Tight fabric without sagging, ensuring a comfortable night's sleep
- EASY SETUP: The heavy duty cot is easy and simple to install and no tools required; sliding in the poles into the cover and locking the legs onto the poles through the notches. Set up was a breeze
- Comfortable Mattress: Sportneer Camping Cot with mattress, soft pad add extra comfort, you can sleep more comfortably in this portable foldable bed for camping. In summer, the camping paded can also be take away to increase the breathability.
- Double sided Pocket Design: The two lagre pockets of sleeping cot keep all your things handy right next to you! The ultra convenient side pockets store sunglasses, books, phones, headphones, water bottles and so much more!
- Foldable and No Installation Required: The last thing you want when it’s time to sleep is a complicated setup for your bed! Thankfully the Sportneer sleeping cots can be unfolded in seconds, and when you’re ready to stash this handy portable cot, it can be folded into the storage bag in under 10s!
Things to Consider Before Buying Camping Cots
Before selecting a camping bed, it is useful to know better the characteristics that these articles intended for children should have.
Since they will accompany them during their first years of life, it is necessary to deepen some aspects. Below, we show you the most frequently asked questions and doubts that parents may have about camping beds.
From Zero to Four Years
There are many solutions, some designed to serve only in a specific period or in a special context. Other proposals are more versatile and easy to adapt to follow the fast growth of the child.
They are the two height-adjustable models, which help you to have your baby immediately within reach when needed and allow you to take advantage of the space underneath the mattress as a container.
When the child grows up and transforms into a small climber, the mattress moves to the level of the base of the structure and also acts as a playpen for safe moments of play.
The structure of this kind of camping bed is standard, the four sides of the parallelepiped are of padded metal and easily foldable, while the walls are of synthetic material, and a breathable mesh allows the free circulation of air inside and also of being able to keep an eye on the baby’s sleep easily.
Usually, these models can accompany the growth of the child up to his 15 kilos, a weight that corresponds to different ages depending on the build but which usually corresponds to three / four years.
They do not just replace the cot: these practical, easily transportable elements often have to perform various functions by making the most of the limited space of holiday homes or campers on a camping trip.
It is easy to find models in which accessory functions are available such as the presence of a comfortable changing table to be placed on the upper edge to facilitate changing and have a shelf within reach without having to bend over or do stunts.
The changing table can be assembled, disassembled, and stowed away under the mattress, so as not to create any bulk.
Other accessories often present in the richer gadget models are the suspensions that let the cute plush toys dangle on top of the baby’s head, to offer a diversion before bedtime, and are usually removable and compatible even on the stroller.
The presence of a lateral zipper facilitates the entry and, if necessary, the autonomous exit of the child from the cot. This is because once the diaper is removed, it is easier for the baby to reach the potty without having to overcome unnecessary obstacles.
If you are not in the category of those that compare prices but decide to purchase to meet specific needs, then you will be pleased to know that ad hoc solutions are available for infants, which only work for the short period in which the children are very small.
So if you have decided that this year we will start even if the baby was born recently and you do not want to load an excessive weight in your suitcase to ensure a comfortable and welcoming bed, consider the pop-up models with extremely low weight and therefore easy to carry even if you don’t have particularly strong biceps.
Although we have not decided to include these beds in our ranking of reviews of the best brands, it is good that you know that there are models of this type, an extra tip to take into account!
How to Choose a Camping Bed?
When choosing good support for the little one, even when camping, it is good to have the dimensions and functionality of a cot worthy of the name clear. Below we have collected some useful tips for a relaxing holiday for everyone.
Follow the Assembly Instructions
In models designed for a nap outside the home, it is good to take manual instructions and follow the instructions in the best possible way.
In this way, you understand how to connect and assemble the main structure and the baby mattress.
Experience the Solidity of The Structure
Once you have placed the bed, before placing the baby inside it, we suggest you try the solidity and the perfect insertion of all the parts in the right places.
Lift the finished structure to also test the overall weight and understand well whether or not it is easy to transport.
The Right Support for Every Age
Before buying the product that’s right for you, we suggest you take all the appropriate information. Different models are designed to cope with a different age group.
We advise you not to place already grown children in a cot designed for small children; the risk that the former manages to climb the side barriers is decidedly high.
Check the Quality of The Materials
A check of the various materials and areas dedicated to rest must go hand in hand with a check of the feet with which the object is fixed to the ground.
The corners should be rounded to prevent the little one who inadvertently slams us from getting hurt.
Get Familiar with Opening and Closing the Cot
The choice of a camping model often brings with it an opening system called “umbrella” or sequential assembly.
Before setting off on a journey, check that everything works for the best, perhaps by trying under the house or in a garden, the opening, and the procedures to close the support.
Keep the Mattress Clean
Once the structure has been arranged, you can take care of the base of the cot, keeping the mattress on which to place the baby in the best possible state.
Insert it in the best way, making sure that there are no exposed parts or passages in which the child can put his feet.
Take Advantage of The Presence of A-Side Zip
On the outside, there is usually a convenient opening. The advice is to use it to facilitate the entry and exit of the baby, inviting him to crawl or take the first steps in his camping bed.
Put the Cot Back in Its Bag
The vast majority of these models require transportation with a dedicated travel kit. At the end of the holiday, when the time has come to return to the base, it is a good idea to check and dismantle the bed piece by piece, taking care to clean the areas that are too old and put everything in a transport bag at the end of the work.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Open and Close a Camping Bed?
In this case, the rule always dictates the manufacturer; in fact, each model is designed separately. Often the more or less facilitated opening represents an element on which the various companies compete, trying to conquer a larger slice of customers than other manufacturers.
Therefore it is important to carefully evaluate the opening and closing system, together with the locking system, to avoid the risk of accidental closing.
These are the parameters to be taken into consideration when choosing the cradle, which must also be comfortable and easy to use during your travels and overnight stays away from home.
Can the Camping Bed Use as Normal Bed?
In general, there are no reasons not to use this stand as a permanent bed, but some factors should be kept in mind. By its nature, the structure of the field bed is lighter and, therefore, less stable than the classic wooden bed.
Over time, the baby could make it even less stable because it would inevitably tend to move and fidget inside. If you want to use the field bed during the first few years of life, so when the child still does not have well-developed mobility, it is necessary to make minimal changes.
The bed has a rigid and well-stable base, and to this, you just need to add an ergonomic mattress suitable for guaranteeing stable support.
What Weight Can a Camping Bed Withstand?
Usually, the field bed is approved to support the weight of the child up to 15 kilos. A value that is considered as a specific reference, but that does not correspond to a precise age. Each child reaches this weight at different times in his development.
On average, this weight corresponds to three years, but it is not a reliable parameter. So it is good to carefully evaluate the manufacturer’s indications and check what the maximum weight is for the specific model you are considering purchasing.
How to Assemble a Camping Bed?
Most often, the camping bed is proposed already assembled but folded on itself and requires limited intervention by the owner.
If the bed requires a more structured intervention, it is essential to check that the instructions provided are very clear and detailed. If not, the other way forward is the documentation that is available online.
The forums and blogs of parents who used that specific model are often accompanied by videos that illustrate the best way to open, close, or assemble the cot.
How to Clean a Camping Bed?
The camping bed is made most of the time, with materials that are easy to keep clean. The walls are in synthetic fabric, which is sanitized with a simple wipe of a damp cloth.
The parts in contact with the baby can be thoroughly cleaned, but there is no need to disinfect all the surfaces with which it will be in contact.
A wet piece of water alone is sufficient to remove food incrustations or other dirt. A neutral soap to rinse thoroughly can remove deeper stains.
Being flush with the ground and with mesh walls, it is easy to catch dirt and build up dust. The mechanical action of the vacuum cleaner is sufficient to remove most of the dirt that can accumulate inside the bed.