If once the purchase of a TV was an investment that lasted over time, now the technological evolution is such that in a few years even a high-end model can become obsolete.
In short, it must keep you always informed to choose the best TV for your needs and your pockets, but do not worry because on this page you will find all the tips necessary not to make mistakes during the purchase and to choose a model that meets your needs. Expectations and with the best value for money.
Here at the bottom of the page, you will find a list of televisions (which I will update occasionally) with TVs of various sizes and price ranges that will help you make the right choice.
To find out which is the best TV for your needs, all you have to do is analyze the technical characteristics of each TV, find out which peculiarities distinguish it from others, and identify the product with the best price based on your budget.
Before I told you about continuous and unstoppable technological evolution: have you ever heard of 3D? Here we will be listing the top 8 best 80 inch tvs.
- REAL 4K DISPLAY: The rich 4K displays of LG UHD TVs deliver quality you can see in every scene. Enjoy bright colors, high contrast, and impeccable detail.
- QUAD CORE PROCESSOR 4K: Our Quad Core Processor 4K gives you a smooth, crisp viewing experience with enhanced contrast, color and blacks.
- WEBOS + LG THINQ AI W/ MAGIC REMOTE: Control your smart home theater with ease. ThinQ AI and the Magic Remote enable simple navigation and intuitive voice commands, while the webOS platform supports a huge library of content with many of the most popular streaming apps.
- Fire TV - Fire TV brings live, over the air TV and all your streaming channels together on one, easy to use home screen. Connect any HD antenna and ask Alexa to instantly search for and watch live TV, or choose from a vast catalog of streaming movies and TV shows.
- Regza Engine 4K - Regza Engine 4K is Toshiba’s high-performance 4K engine for stunning picture quality. With the ultra-essential PQ technology combined with a high-quality LCD panel, you can get incredible ultra HD 4K images with breathtaking picture quality.
- 4K resolution - Four times the resolution of Full HD, and four times the detail. With Toshiba 4K TV, you can enjoy uncompromisingly crisp, clear visuals for a fully immersive, professional theater-quality experience.
- Engineered especially for LG, this UHD TV features the advanced α7 Gen5 AI Processor 4K adapts and adjusts picture and sound quality for a lifelike viewing experience with depth and rich color
- Get in the action with an impressive 120Hz refresh rate that keeps up with the fast movement in sports, video games, and movies for a sharp, colorful picture with smooth motion from start to finish
- Find your favorite shows and movies with built-in access to Netflix, Prime Video, Apple TV app, Disney+, HBO Max* and instant access to over 300+ free LG Channels** with everything from comedy to movies to sports
- 4K Ultra HD Resolution – Experience incredible detail with 4X the resolution of 1080p Full HDTVs.
- Motion Rate 120 – Motion enhancement technology for improved motion clarity.
- HDR PRO (Dolby Vision, HDR10, & HLG) - Enjoy enhanced contrast, accurate colors and fine details utilizing all the most advanced HDR formats.
- POWERFUL TV PROCESSING– The 4K Processor X1 delivers a lifelike picture that is full of rich colors and sharp details.
- ENHANCED COLOR AND FINE DETAILS– See natural and precise picture quality with a wide array of colors and dynamic contrast.
- PREMIUM SMART TV – Get access to all your favorite streaming apps in one place with Google TV, and simply use your voice to search and ask questions with Google Assistant. Supports Apple AirPlay.
- DYNAMIC CRYSTAL COLOR: A billion shades of color pop into view when you turn on this TV; Every subtle variation becomes clear with Dynamic Crystal Color—tech that achieves a different level of UHD using advanced technology
- CRYSTAL PROCESSOR W/ 4K UPSCALING: Watch the content you love upgraded to dazzling 4K resolution; You’ll be able to better enjoy your TV’s capabilities as the Crystal Processor automatically transforms color, sound and more
- MOTION XCELERATOR: Experience smooth motion and improved clarity with Motion Xcelerator; Now you can fuel your need for speed with high-intensity sports, movies and games, and enjoy crisp and clear details at the same time*
- 4K Ultra HD Resolution: Experience incredible detail with 4X the resolution of 1080p Full HDTVs.
- QLED - Quantum Dot Technology with UltraWide Color Gamut: enjoy over a billion colors for richer and more lifelike images.
- HighBright Direct LED Backlight: Q6 models produce brighter images for enhanced viewing experience for all your favorite movies and TV shows.
- Fire TV: Seamlessly integrates live over-the-air TV with streaming channels on a unified home screen. Enjoy a large library of movies, streaming channels, music, and other media functions all from your TV.
- 4K Ultra HD (2160p resolution): Enjoy breathtaking 4K movies and TV shows at 4 times the resolution of Full HD, and upscale your current content to Ultra HD-level picture quality.
- Alexa voice control: The Alexa Voice Remote lets you easily control your entertainment, search across apps, switch inputs, and more using just your voice. Press and hold the voice button and ask Alexa to easily find, launch, and control content, and even switch to cable.
Buyer Guide to Choose the Best 80 Inch Tvs
A few years ago, manufacturers focused heavily on this category to feed their sales. According to their press releases, it seemed necessary to buy a TV with three-dimensional support to enjoy the compatible films fully, but 3D never caught on because it did not offer such an innovative experience.
It is precisely in order not to take scams of this type that you must keep yourself informed: the trends of the moment are Smart TV, Ultra HD 4K, HDR, OLED and Quantum Dot, all much more interesting than 3D: but what do these names represent? Let’s find out together below.
Better a Smart Tv or A Traditional Tv?
It is now clear that smart TV is better for most people. In reality, however, the choice between a Smart TV or a traditional TV depends very much on the type of use that must be made of it.
In essence, a smart TV is a TV that can connect to the internet with the ability to download and play applications, games and multimedia content. Netflix, Amazon Video, Spotify etc., are all available on Smart TV. But if you had purchased a Chromecast, an Apple TV, or an Amazon Fire TV, you could also buy a traditional TV.
It is essential, though. If you want to buy a smart TV, inquire thoroughly about the type of processor that is used (quad-core or dual-core), a feature that (clearly) influences the speed of data processing the operating system.
An operating system that, among other things, can vary: Google produces its Android TV, available only with some brands, Samsung has its Tizen, and LG has its WebOS.
4 K or Full Hd?
The speech is pure: the higher the resolution, the better the quality of the reproduced image. And the differences between 4K and FullHD TVs lies in the number of pixels that are used to create the image. In recent years, the most popular resolution has been FullHD, which is 1920 × 1080 pixels, a rather standard resolution that is about to be surpassed by 4K or Ultra HD.
Beware of Hdr
The term HDR (High Dynamic Range) is the acronym of a particular technique, which consists in the processing of images with different exposures, united in a single photo to obtain an optimal combination of shadow areas and bright areas.
A prevalent technique in cameras and smartphones, which for some time has also been depopulating in the world of TV: in essence HDR TVs have a video rendering much more similar to the real one but, of course, an excellent 4K HDR TV has a price significantly higher because it must exceed some essential technical requirements.
It is essential to carefully evaluate the maximum brightness that the TV you want to buy in HDR mode can reach, because especially in the cheaper models when you see content in this mode, you often get dimly lit images that can be enjoyed in full only in dark environments.
Lcd, Led, Oled: The Differences
Taking for granted that plasma TVs are now outdated, the differences between LCD, LED and OLED for backlighting the image, rather than fluorescent lamps: and it is this difference that makes them more energy-efficient and thinner.
Then there are the OLEDs, even more, efficient than LEDs and which guarantee deeper blacks because every single LED (and every single pixel) can be turned off if necessary.
What Is Quantum Dot TVs?
In Quantum Dot TVs, a new backlighting technology is used that uses microcrystalline to increase color rendering.
These crystals are illuminated with ul blue light and reproduce a much more extensive range of colors than LED and OLED TVs. It should be emphasized, however, that this is a rather new technology and that it is intended only for some top-of-the-range models.
Are Curved Tvs Used?
Actually no. In a sense, the only difference between flat and curved TVs is that the viewing experience could be more enveloping, but with some limitations. First of all, to have a right level effect it is necessary to buy a large Curva TV, and it is essential to position yourself precisely in the centre of the screen, so as not to have distortions.