It is not essential to aim to become a tailoring expert to need a sewing machine. Small repairs, such as shortening the hem of trousers or resuming a seam, can be done at home with ease without having to resort to the help of a professional.
This guide will offer you the essentials to consider when it comes to choosing the right machine for your needs.
Here we will be listing the top 8 best handheld sewing machines.
- 👛 Compact and Portable - Handheld sewing machine is small, easy to carry, and does not take up storage space. Therefore, the portable sewing machine can be easily put into the bag and occupy as little space as possible. A mini sewing machine is suitable for home or travel. It is more convenient than traditional desktop sewing machines, saves time and energy, and easily solves sewing problems.
- 🪡 Ease of Use - Portable sewing machine can manually control the routing of the sewing machine according to your own ideas, Handheld sewing machine for beginners can sew with high precision, making sewing safer.
- ✂️ Easy Threading - Easy sewing machine is equipped with thread auxiliary tools to help you thread easily. The beautiful appearance of the portable sewing machine is very attractive and suitable for beginners, children, girls, women and sewing enthusiasts.
- 🎗️【Purchase Notes】Can use 4 xAA batteries or DC 6V power adapter (both are not included), But after repeated trials by the seller, the machine works 350 times per minute when using the battery. The faster the working frequency means the denser the sewing thread and the stronger the sewn clothes.Note: Because it is a monofilament sewing machine, you need to tie it yourself, otherwise the cord is easy to fall off.
- 🎗️【Package Includes】The sewing machine comes with an English manual, 8 x thread spools , 1 x scissors, 10 x safety pins, 1 x needle threader, 1 x sewing needles, 1 x extension spindle and 1 x measuring tape.There's one test cloth on it which is convinent for you to test it works.IT'S NOT USED BY SOMEONE.
- 🎗️【Scope of Application】Suitable for beginners and professionals, home and travel emergency use, can also be placed in the car for backup. Can be used to repair patches, sew clothes, aprons, baby bibs, pet clothes, plush toys, jeans, curtains, bed sheets, pillows, tablecloths, shopping bags, etc.Suitable for almost all fabrics with a thickness of ≤1.8mm. More importantly, you can sew without taking off your clothes!
- Cordless, handheld portable mending machine Single thread feed for quick repairs or temporary basting
- Works best on lightweight fabrics
- Includes threads, bobbins, needles and thread spindle
- [Easy to use] Easy one-handed operation(same size as cell phone). The product meet the different sewing needs of beginners and professionals easily.
- [Edges] Upgraded with new technology, increasing power and reducing noise, this sewing machine is simple to operate, versatile, light weight and durable. It is more convenient, more economical and saves more time than a traditional bench sewing machine.
- [Suitable for various materials] It is applicable for a variety of items and fabrics, such as clothing, silk, jeans, wool, hem pants, curtains, holes, toys and crafts. Almost all fabric with the thickness ≤1.5 mm can be sewed on it. What's more, you can freely sew without taking your clothes off!
- ⚡【Purchase Notes】Can use 4 xAA batteries or DC 6V power adapter (both are not included), But after repeated trials by the seller, the machine works 350 times per minute when using the battery. The faster the working frequency means the denser the sewing thread and the stronger the sewn clothes.Note: Because it is a monofilament sewing machine, you need to tie it yourself, otherwise the cord is easy to fall off.
- 🔔【Wide Range of Uses】Suitable for beginners and professionals, home and travel emergency use, can also be placed in the car for backup. Can be used to repair patches, sew clothes, aprons, baby bibs, pet clothes, plush toys, jeans, curtains, bed sheets, pillows, tablecloths, shopping bags, etc.Suitable for almost all fabrics with a thickness of ≤1.8mm. More importantly, you can sew without taking off your clothes!
- ✨【Wonderful details】The product is upgraded with new technology, increased power and reduced noise. It is simple to operate, versatile, lightweight and durable, and does not take up space for storage. It is more convenient and saves money and time than traditional desktop sewing machines. And equipped with a full set of the most complete sewing accessories and supplies, which can almost meet all your sewing needs.
- Portable cordless mending machine
- Ergonomic handle with on/off switch for easy handheld control
- Built-in storage holds sewing notions
- 👛 Compact and Portable - Handheld sewing machine is small, easy to carry, and does not take up storage space. Therefore, the portable sewing machine can be easily put into the bag and occupy as little space as possible. It is more convenient than traditional desktop sewing machines, saves time and energy, and easily solves sewing problems.
- 🪡 Easy Threading - Handheld sewing machine equipped with threading aid. The beautiful appearance of the small sewing machine is very attractive and helps you thread the needle easily, suitable for beginners, children, girls, women and sewing enthusiasts.
- ✂️ Ease of Use - Portable sewing machine can manually control the routing of the sewing machine according to your own ideas, handheld sewing machine for beginners can sew with high precision, making sewing safer.
- 【Upgraded Handheld Sewing Machine】The handy sewing machine is made of ABS alloy, upgraded with new technology, higher power but lower noise. It is easy to operate, versatile, lightweight, durable and save space. It is more convenient to use, also saves time and money than traditional sewing machines.
- 【Portable Sewing Machine】Mini sewing machine has a compact and lightweight design, which offers good control while using it, making sewing operations much easy. It is very suitable for carrying around, you can relax on your comfortable sofa and watch TV while embroidery is done.
- 【Easy to Use】Small sewing machine is convient for one-hand operation. It can easily meet your different sewing needs. Hand sewing machine is equipped with 4 thread set points to provide stable, slender stitching for easy loss or stringing. Single thread sewing does not require any bottom thread installation.
Buying Guide to Select the Best Handheld Sewing Machines
Of the sewing machine, it can be said that the price paid corresponds to the real performance. There are many models on the market, and each has different characteristics, all more or less expected in the sales price range.
There are cheaper models, but more prone to suffer wear and therefore less durable. On the contrary, the semi-professional models boast more reliable components, robust mechanics and that do not suffer from the wear and tear of intensive use.
Those who compare the prices will, therefore, have noticed that a good sewing machine that guarantees excellent performance has a cost that is around 200/300 euros.
Mechanics or Electronics?
Sewing machines can be more or less sophisticated. Depending on the technology they use, they can offer different advantages to those who intend to make their machine work at full capacity.
The mechanical models, equipped with essential functions and a knob with which to set the different points, are undoubtedly reliable and performing. While the electronic ones have the advantage of having numerous preset programs, such as the buttonhole sewing, usually offering different aesthetic solutions.
The number of points that can be performed with the machine is closely related to the type of use that is intended to be made.
Those who have a soft spot for modern fabrics, such as soft knits, will have to check for the presence of the overlock stitch, or in any case the possibility of setting different elastic stitches according to the variety of fabric to work with.
It’s not just about pulling a straight line through the fabric you want to sew, the presence of the best accessories is the component that makes a model splash on top of the charts.
How to Use Handheld Sewing Machines?
Our review in search of the essential characteristics that a sewing machine must have ended with a mention of the type of accessories that must be sought to be sure that you have purchased the best on the market to meet your needs.
The automatic or semi-automatic eyelet maker must not be missing, it is one of the most complicated steps for those who do not master the art of tailoring.
Watch the that is given below and get the idea about how to use it?
The models of the best brand stand out because they allow you to adjust the straight stitch, which is indispensable for riveting, and to sew in a zigzag pattern, also being able to change the stitch size.
Practical and Intuitive
Ideal for quilting and patchwork, Bernette’s Sew & Go 8 has an internal memory that allows you to save different combinations of stitches to make stitchings perfectly identical to each other.
At the same time, the automatic sewing function, which can be activated by pressing the appropriate button, offers a comfortable and stress-free sewing experience.
This means that, unlike traditional mechanical sewing machines, it will not be necessary to use the pedal, even if it is still supplied in the case in case you prefer to perform a more traditional job.
The model is also equipped with a LED light that ensures excellent visibility even if you have to work in an environment without adequate lighting, being able to rely on a convenient start/stop button located right next to the needle to stop and restart the seam in case you want to quilt several layers of fabric with small hems.
Speed and Precision
The Sew & Go 8 feed dog has seven rows and a solid metal rotary hook that make it useful on all types of fabrics, including jeans and leather.
Equipped with 197 stitches, it ensures excellent versatility of use which makes it an indispensable ally both for daily mending and for making personalized works, such as writing your name on the fabric or carrying out a creative patchwork.
Even the making of buttonholes will no longer be a problem since the model can make seven automatically, so as not to make mistakes or inaccuracies that would risk ruining the garment.
Although falling into the category of portable sewing machines, the Sew & Go 8 has a weight of eight kilograms which gives excellent stability on any type of surface, thus guaranteeing precise and impeccable work even in the absence of experience.
Functions and Accessories
Although the most significant feature in terms of versatility and efficiency is the variety of points available, it is certainly not the only one.
In fact, this sewing machine does not lack anything, from the height-adjustable foot to adapt to any type of fabric, to the possibility of arranging the needle according to fifteen different positions depending on the point you want to perform, to obtain the maximum precision even in the realization of the most complex seams.
Furthermore, thanks to the practical LCD display with integrated controls, you can have all the necessary information to perform a work in a workmanlike manner, with the possibility of being able to adjust the various parameters according to your needs.
To make the Bernina Bernette Sew & Go 8 even more complete and versatile, it is the conspicuous set of accessories supplied, which includes six feet, the slide buttonhole, the buttonhole cutter and the maintenance brush.