How to choose the best Wi-Fi extender? It is essential to understand its functionality and its main features. This is what our guide aims to do.
Wireless Internet connections have made access to the network possible for many users, quickly and straightforwardly. With a single access point, it is possible to connect more people and more computers.
In practice, however, this practice can encounter difficulties. In a large building, such as a university or a large company, it is impossible to count all the physical obstacles that the router signal encounters.
Such as walls, stairs, offices, machinery, etc. In order not to frustrate the wireless connection’s efficiency, it is essential to have Wi-Fi amplifiers. Here we will be listing the top 11 best wifi extenders.
- Extend Wi-Fi Coverage - Boost Internet Wi-Fi coverage up to 1200 square feet and connects up to 20 devices - Compatible with Wi-Fi Router, Gateway, Access Point (2.4GHz - 300Mbps ; 5GHz - 433Mbps)
- Eliminate Wi-Fi Dead Zones - Enjoy Lag-Free Connection to any type of devices, including wired devices via Fast Ethernet port. System Requirements - Microsoft Windows 98SE, NT, 2000, XP, Vista or Windows 7, 8, 10, Mac OS, NetWare, UNIX or Linux
- Stay Connected - Expand Wi-Fi Coverage for your Smart Phones, Smart TV, Fire Stick, Google Chromecast, Web Browsing, Alexa Echo, Ring and more
- EXTENDED WIRELESS COVERAGE: Adds Wi-Fi range coverage up to 1000 sq ft, and connects up to 15 devices such as laptops, smartphones, speakers, IP cameras, tablets, IoT devices, and more.
- AC750 WI-FI SPEED: Provides up to 750Mbps performance using dual-band and patented FastLane(TM) technology.
- UNIVERSAL COMPATIBILITY: Works with any wireless router, gateway, or cable modem with Wi-Fi.
- Up to 2640 Square Feet - Blast Through Barriers, Eliminate Dead Zone Zombies - Indoors & Outside: While most WiFi signal booster signal devices get stuck behind thick walls, appliances and cement floors, LOOM delivers ultra-stable bandwidth for online gaming, video conferences and even streaming 4K HD video.
- 35 Devices, Zero Bog - House full of data hogs? Loom’s internet range booster with ethernet port eliminates the problems fast, pumping out interference-free, lightning fast data capabilities to all the tablets, smart speakers, Alexa compatible devices, Fire stick, Roku, Games, IP cameras and whatever the innerwebs invents next. Without bogging your own stream down.
- USA Designed - Bank Level Financial Security - With performance like no other, this powerful 300MBPS pairs with our 2.4GHz processor to facilitate WEP/WPA/WPA2 security protocols that make your local bank jealous. The ideal Wi-Fi extender for a houseful of kids who ‘download things they...ahem...shouldn’t’.
- Extended wireless coverage: Adds Wi-Fi range coverage up to 1200 square feet, and connects up to 20 devices such as laptops, smartphones, speakers, IP cameras, tablets, IoT devices, and more.
- AC750 WI-FI SPEED: Provides up to 750Mbps performance.
- Universal compatibility: Works with any wireless router, gateway, or cable modem with Wi-Fi.
- Fast AC1900 Dual Band WiFi - Simultaneous 600Mbps on 2.4GHz + 1300Mbps on 5GHz
- Better WiFi Coverage with 3 Antennas - Three adjustable external antennas provide optimal Wi-Fi coverage and reliable connections
- Gigabit Ethernet port - Act as a wireless adapter to connect a wired device to your network at Gigabit speed
- Extend the range of your Wi Fi with the dual band RE650, compatible with any type of Router, Gateway, Access Point ( 2.4GHz 800Mbps ; 5GHz 1733Mbps)
- Quad Antenna design for ultimate coverage for all areas of your home
- MU-MIMO Wave 2 technology allows the RE650 to talk to Multiple devices at once for optimal Performance between devices. Beamforming Technology sends targeted Wi Fi signal to individual devices for stronger connections
- Whole-home coverage - An eero 3-pack is a whole-home WiFi system that replaces your router and covers up to 5,000 sq. ft.
- Works with Alexa - With eero and an Alexa device (not included) you can easily manage WiFi access for devices and individuals in the home, taking focus away from screens and back to what’s important.
- Works with your internet service provider - Eero connects to your modem to bring your existing internet connection to every corner of your home.
- Extend Wi-Fi Coverage - Boost Internet Wi-Fi Coverage up to 800 Square feet - Compatible with any Wi-Fi Router, Gateway, Access Point
- Eliminate Wi-Fi Dead Zones - Enjoy Lag-Free connection to any type of devices, including wired devices via Ethernet Port
- Stay connected - Expand Wi-Fi coverage for your Smart Phones, Smart TV, Fire Stick, Google Chromecast, Web Browsing, Alexa Echo, Ring and more
- EXTENDED WIRELESS COVERAGE: Adds WiFi range coverage up to 2300 square feet, and connects up to 45 devices such as laptops, smartphones, speakers, IP cameras, tablets, IoT devices, and more.
- SEAMLESS SMART ROAMING: Uses your existing network SSID name so you never get disconnected as you move around your home or office
- AC2200 WIFI SPEED: Provides up to 2200 Mbps performance using tri-band and patented FastLane3 (TM) technology for heavy-duty 4K HD streaming and multi-player gaming.
- WiFi Extenders Signal Booster For Home: Expand high-performance WiFi with RE505X featuring high-gain antennas that are specifically designed to eliminate WiFi dead zones
- WiFi Booster with WiFi 6 Speeds: Enjoy smoother and more reliable streaming, gaming, downloading, and more with dual-band WiFi speeds up to 1.5 Gbps (1201 Mbps on 5 GHz and 300 Mbps on 2.4 GHz)
- Connect More Devices to Your Network: Connect more devices that are out of range from your main router while eliminating poor performance and weak WiFi
- A New Way to WiFi: Deco Mesh technology gives you a better WiFi experience in all directions with faster WiFi speeds and strong WiFi signal to cover your whole home.
- Bettern Coverage than traditional WiFi routers: Deco S4 three units work seamlessly to create a WiFi mesh network that can cover homes up to 5, 500 square feet. No dead zone anymore.
- Seamless and Stable WiFi Mesh: Rather than wifi range extender that need multiple network names and passwords, Deco S4 allows you to enjoy seamless roaming throughout the house, with a single network name and password.
How to Choose Best Outdoor Wifi Extenders?
In this guide, we will try to give advice on which to choose, analyzing their characteristics, and proposing a review of the most popular models on the market.
Simple Connection and Ease of Use
Let’s first make sure of the presence of the WPS button. This guarantees us the possibility to automatically connect, without complicated steps, other devices to our network. However, you must make sure that our router supports WPS technology (for this purpose, compare the manual provided by the manufacturer).
A good Wi-Fi amplifier should also be equipped with more complex structures, such as an Ethernet port or external antennas. We do not underestimate the presence of the classic ON / OFF switch so that we do not have to leave our appliances on standby when not in use. You save on your bill.
The presence of a signal strength indicator is undoubtedly an option to consider important also for those who compare prices before other features. It offers the possibility, visually, to choose places with fewer obstacles.
The installation of a Wi-Fi amplifier to the home network is straightforward, regardless of the price at which they are sold, because all the devices have been made to the same transmission standards.
They operate in the 2.4 GHz band, and some also in the 5 GHz band. As mentioned, the role played by the WPS is essential, as it allows you to automatically connect the devices by pressing the button on the box.
In practice, without significant hitches, after only one minute, our Wi-Fi amplifier is already in operation, without requiring further user intervention.
Of course, the amplifier can be disconnected from the mains. It can also be connected to another place again: choosing a location close to the router will increase network coverage but reduce overall system efficiency.
The best or best brand Wi-Fi amplifiers, if we want to draw up a ranking, also have an additional Ethernet port that allows the device to function as an access point (Client mode, for example): this will enable you to connect devices that do not have a wireless interface but only via cable (for example TV, console and so on).
Remember that the radiation pattern (i.e., the device’s ability to expand the signal) of a Wi-Fi amplifier is not always omnidirectional: always consult the instruction manual.
Small side note for those who love music (often Internet devices and accessories for making music go hand in hand): those who have a DJ soul and want to animate a party can take a look at some of the best DJ consoles on the market by clicking on the link.
Smooth Video Streaming and Online Video Games
It often happens that not all areas of the house are adequately covered by the Wi-Fi signal, either because of the presence of obstacles or because of the distance from a not too powerful modem/router.
To overcome this problem, you can resort to a range extender such as the TP-Link TL-WA850RE whose wireless speed can reach up to 300 Mbps, sufficient, as long as a good ADSL speed (better the fiber would be better) to enjoy your streaming movies or video games online without problems.
To get the best possible connection, it is essential to where the range extender is positioned. In this case, the Smart LED that warns when the optimal position has been found is beneficial when the indicator light is between the second and third notch.
Plug and Play
The range extender is very easy to connect; the most immediate procedure is to use the WPS button, which must also be present on the router, and unless yours is charcoal, it will undoubtedly have it.
We said the button: press both that of the router and that of the range extender and in a few seconds, the connection is stable. At that point, you only need to enter the password.
The presence of the ethernet port is significant, which gives you the possibility, for example, to connect your Smart TV or console via cable to have an even more stable connection. One recommendation is to check the compatibility of the TP-Link TL-WA850RE with the router in your possession, which must support the 802.11 b / g / n standards.
Not Always Stable Signal
For easier management of the device, you can use the appropriate application that allows you to intuitively configure the extender (but also the router if you have a TP-Link). We appreciated the design, not only for an aesthetic question.
The device is compact enough not to cause difficulties if, for example, there are two adjacent sockets, and you do not want to invade the space of the other, thus allowing you to connect a charger or something.
But let’s get to the so-called painful notes, only one to tell the truth but which still has particular importance. The amplified signal from the device is not always stable, and it may be necessary to restart the extender from time to time.