Whether you are a makeup lover or you prefer soap and water looks, applying a good lip balm should never be missing from your beauty routine.
In winter as in summer, protecting this delicate part of the body from the cold or the sun’s rays is very important. For this reason, today, we want to clarify what are the main aspects to keep in mind when you intend to purchase this type.
Here we will be listing the 11 best lip balms that mostly used.
- ✔ CHAPPED LIP TREATMENT: Specially formulated for all types of chapped lips. Cortibalm helps heal mild to severe chapped lips due to harsh weather, allergies, cold sores, cosmetics, medications, (Accutane and Chemotherapy) eczema, lip licking, mouth breathing and more.
- ✔ REPAIR & NOURISH LIPS: This treatment contains 1% hydrocortisone which interrupts the inflammatory cycle, stops the pain and allows the natural healing process to begin.
- ✔ ORIGINAL LIP CARE PRODUCTS: Cortibalm is a mild hypoallergenic blend free of harsh chemicals, additives, flavors and colorings. These ingredients found in ordinary lip balms often irritate and prevent healing.
- Enriched with superior skin conditioners and antioxidants, this emollient balm soothes and relieves dry, chapped, irritated lips
- UVA and UVB absorbers- Avobenzone(Parsol 1789) and Octinoxate - screen harmful UV rays; Natural mint helps freshen breath
- Shea butter and avocado oil soften and condition lips
- Biossance Squalane + Rose Vegan Lip Balm. A new, reformulated lip balm with 10x more hydrating power and 50% more product in an easy-to-apply tube. Get long-lasting hydration and protection without the sticky feeling.
- Ultra-Hydrating and Plumping. Get instantly soft, smooth and moisturized lips. The lip balm nourishes, heals and naturally plumps instantly with results that last throughout the day.
- Made with Natural and Effective Ingredients. Made with hyaluronic acid and squalane, the lip balm delivers a boost of hydration on the skin's delicate surface. Ceramides help maintain and prevent moisture loss while wakame algae naturally plumps.
- Lip CARE: Bursting with all natural flavors, refresh and nourish your lips with Burt's Bees Moisturizing Lip Balm in four naturally Nourishing flavors: Original beeswax, strawberry, coconut & Pear and vanilla bean
- Total hydration: Hydrate and smooth dry lips with beeswax and fruit extracts packed into every tube of Burt's Bees Lip balm
- Moisturizing: Just one swipe of this conditioning lip balm leaves your lips smooth and refreshed
- Moisturizer that soothes and protects
- Contains no petrochemicals that occlude skin
- Composed of all-natural oils such as sunflower, soybean and jojoba oil
- LIP BALM VARIETY PACK: These 4-pack lip balm sticks include Cherry Vanilla, Honey Apple, Strawberry Sorbet, and Summer Fruit flavors. eos flavor lip balms with natural Shea Butter are incredibly moisturizing and available in too-good-to-be-true flavors!
- SUPER MOISTURIZING LIP REPAIR: 24H long lasting lip moisturizer thanks to our use of all natural, wild grown and sustainably sourced Shea Butter. Plus, a delicious flavor on your lips that will make you want to swipe our eos lip balm again and again!
- SMOOTH ON LIP MOISTURIZER: Swipe on this conditioning lip care balm with all-natural Shea Butter that will leave your lips feeling buttery smooth, hydrated and with a delicious taste all day long.
- DHC Lip Cream 3 pack is ultra-moisturizing lip balm infused with botanicals to hydrate, soothe and protect lips from everyday environmental stresses.
- Lip Cream nourishes and protects lips from environmental stress with botanical antioxidants as well as fighting vertical lines.
- Antioxidant-rich olive oil and soothing aloe provide relief to dry, chapped lips. Squalane helps prevent irritation and ginseng root extract boosts hydration for long-lasting softness.
- LIPPE BALM. A moisturizing, volumizing lip balm that helps nourish super-delicate lips for a plump, youthful-looking pout. This formulation is spiked with a blend of avocado, mongongo, and marula oils to moisturize, replenish, hydrate and soften lips.
- ENRICHED BY NATURE. Enriched with a rare combination of peptides and sea fern algae, Lippe Balm helps to plump up the appearance of lips and deliver a better definition to the lip line.
- NO QUESTION IN QUALITY. A routine is only as good as its worst product, and a product is only as good as its worst ingredient. Drunk Elephant is dedicated to your internal health and external skin health; "If there's any DOUBT, it's OUT.”
- MULTI-ACTION FORMULA: Escape Everyday...Our Panama Jack Lip Balm flavors are so good that it can be hard to choose just one. Now, you wont have to with our new Lip Balm Flavor Pack! Each Flavor Pack includes all four of our incredible flavors: 1 Vanilla, 1 Mango, 1 Dreamsicle and 1 Tropical. Made with Love, Care and Pride since 1974, our Panama Jack SPF 45 sunscreen lip balms are non-waxy/sticky, goes on smooth, offer broad spectrum UVA-UVB sun protection, and tastes amazing!
- SOOTHES DRY, CHAPPED LIPS: Helping to prevent sunburn, our lip balms are perfect for sensitive skin or those that have a tendency to get fever or sun blisters. Designed in a Cruelty Free with NO animal testing formula, our lip balms DO NOT contain: Gluten, Parabens, PABA, Oxybenzone, Propylene, Glycol, Retinyl, Palmitate, BHT, PBA, or harmful Synthetic Preservatives.
- BROAD SPECTRUM SUNSCREEN: With SPF 45 (Sun Protection Factor), this Panama Jack UVA-UVB sunscreen lip balm is the ultimate all season chapped lip stick.
- 6 DELICIOUS FLAVORS OF USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC LIP BALM. Soothe your lips with our fruit lip balm. Vanilla Bean, Creamy Coconut, Eucalyptus Mint, Bing Cherry, Citrus Blast and Strawberry Breeze flavored Organic Lip Balms. Safe for the whole family.
- 100% PURE USDA ORGANIC LIP BALM: Organic Sunflower Oil, Organic Beeswax, Organic Coconut Oil, Organic Cherry, Vanilla, Coconut, and Strawberry Flavors, Organic Essential Oils of Eucalyptus, Peppermint, Orange, Lemon, and Lime, Vitamin E, Organic Rosemary Extract, Organic Calendula Extract. Lip Plumper
- THE USDA ORGANIC SEAL guarantees that the ingredients in this product are non-GMO and no herbicides or pesticides were used during the growth of the raw materials. This also guarantees that the products were produced in a USDA Organic Certified facility, following strict criteria for everything from cleanliness to Quality Assurance and more.
Buying Guide to Select the Best Lip Balms
In this guide, to choose the best lip balm, we now want to describe what are some of the main features, which we believe can help you in your choice. Since the market offers many variations, we will try to clarify the options currently available on the market.
Stick or Jar
A first aspect that we want to deepen concerns the format in which it is possible to find a lip balm. A first type is the classic one.
In stick: it is a small plastic cylinder, from which it is possible to extract the product, which is therefore quite dense. The advantage of this format is that it does not have to use your fingers to apply it and is, therefore, the most hygienic solution.
It is undoubtedly very practical to use and is suitable for many applications, even outside the home. A variant of the classic stick is that of the jar.
The balm, in this case, has a more fluid consistency and therefore requires the hands to be picked up and applied on the lips. The container can be made of glass or plastic and has a screwable lid to prevent it from spilling out once used.
It is less practical because it certainly requires more attention. Still, it is often more effective because its formulation is typically more vibrant and suitable for problems, which go beyond the pure sensation of having dry or slightly hydrated lips.
A second aspect that is certainly not new is that concerning the ingredients that make up the balm you want to buy. The base is usually a fatty component, such as cocoa or shea butter or in some cases also beeswax. To these are added oils and other ingredients that serve to make the compound more fluid and specific to your needs.
It is not unusual to find lip balms of entirely natural origin, contrary to what happens with products containing paraffin, preservatives or other chemical elements. Therefore, we also evaluate this aspect at the time of purchase and focus on the active ingredient that you think can best suit you.
The market offers different types that can vary from honey to vanilla or from fruit to mint.
Since this is such a varied product, it is essential to focus on a type that can truly meet your characteristics and needs. One of the reasons why you may feel the need for a lip balm is the damage caused by the cold.
During the winter season, it is not excluded that the lips may be fragile and prone to the formation of small wounds. In this case, it is better to opt for vibrant and nutritious formulations such as those based on oils and butter.
If, on the other hand, you want softer lips, perhaps plump and rosy, probably what you need is a moisturizing balm. The difference lies in the fact that this type is non-greasy and is, therefore, less full-bodied than a nutritious product and more suitable for night treatments.
The choice of the best lip balm must necessarily start from the ingredients that make it up. In this case, we are talking about a rather rich formulation in nutrients and with known repairing properties.
How to Choose a Lip Balm?
The percentage of components of natural origin is about 80% and does not contain parabens, chemicals that are useless for our purposes but often included in many similar products.
Don’t go ahead watch this great video before choosing a lip balm
The main ingredient is honey, known for its emollient properties and is accompanied with numerous other oils designed to intensify its nourishing action.
Among these, we want to list sunflower oil, rosehip oil and sweet almond oil, but also calendula oil. The addition of shea butter makes the texture soft and pleasant to the touch, while the addition of vitamin E helps the lips to regenerate more quickly following the damage often caused by the cold.
Finally, the grapefruit essence gives it a delightful smell, which makes this lip balm a real treat.
The Nuxe lip balm has a creamy consistency and is placed inside a jar of 15 ml capacity. For this reason, the application involves the use of the hands: take a small amount of product with your fingertips and tap or spread it on the lips.
The company recommends using it two or three times a day and abundant with the dose in the evening before going to sleep so that the oils contained can have a more significant effect.
Also perfect as a makeup base, this lip balm has one drawback; in fact, it is essential to make sure that your hands are clean before using them, so as not to contaminate the product and this is not always possible when you are away from home.
Users also note that its consistency leaves the fingers slightly sticky and that it is, therefore, necessary to wash your hands once applied: this is another of the reasons why its use is not always the easiest.
The use of this conditioner is particularly indicated if your lips are negatively affected by the effects of wind and cold. So let’s talk about cuticles, small wounds or redness and swelling typical of these problems.
The lip balm in question is undoubtedly useful for these purposes; the layer that is created, once applied, in fact, forms a real barrier with the outside. User opinions are positive in most cases; however, since it is such a varied and subjective problem, the intensity of the effects varies from person to person.