Whether you are a makeup lover or you prefer soap and water looks, applying a good lip balm should never be missing from your beauty routine.
In winter as in summer, protecting this delicate part of the body from the cold or the sun’s rays is very important. For this reason, today, we want to clarify what are the main aspects to keep in mind when you intend to purchase this type.
Here we will be listing the 11 best lip balms that mostly used.
- SPF 30 SUNSCREEN LIP BALM - VARIETY PACK. Our fav SPF lip balm trio with Aloe and Vitamin E to protect and moisturize your kisser all day long! Our smooth and hydrating formula with Aloe and Vitamin E is great for everyday lip protection.
- LASTING LIP PROTECTION. Our unique SPF lip balm is not just for a day at the beach. This triple action formula will protect, heal and moisturize your lips, whether you’re hitting the beach, slopes or just cruising around town. We’ve got you covered.
- HOW TO USE. Apply liberally on lips to keep them safe and soft. Reapply frequently on sun-centric days and adventures! Sonny’s Tip: Try to not lick it off, even though it smells like a tasty treat!
- Enriched with superior skin conditioners and antioxidants, this emollient balm soothes and relieves dry, chapped, irritated lips
- UVA and UVB absorbers- Avobenzone(Parsol 1789) and Octinoxate - screen harmful UV rays; Natural mint helps freshen breath
- Shea butter and avocado oil soften and condition lips
- Repairs and protects damaged lips
- Makes the lips soft and supple
- Smooth, soft texture particularly tailored to sensitive lips
- Honey, plant oils and shea butter restore suppleness to stressed lips
- Guards against future damage and dryness
- In extreme conditions, this balm restored and repaired chapped lips by 96%
- Biossance Squalane + Rose Vegan Lip Balm. A new, reformulated lip balm with 10x more hydrating power and 50% more product in an easy-to-apply tube. Get long-lasting hydration and protection without the sticky feeling.
- Ultra-Hydrating and Plumping. Get instantly soft, smooth and moisturized lips. The lip balm nourishes, heals and naturally plumps instantly with results that last throughout the day.
- Made with Natural and Effective Ingredients. Made with hyaluronic acid and squalane, the lip balm delivers a boost of hydration on the skin’s delicate surface. Ceramides help maintain and prevent moisture loss while wakame algae naturally plumps.
- Contains: 1 x 6 pack of Organic Beeswax Lip Balms by Sky Organics.
- Moisturizes and Nourishes: Sky Organics Lip Balm deeply nourish and moisturize dry lips using soothing botanical ingredients.
- Made with Natural Ingredients: Our Organic Lip Balms are made with silky coconut and sunflower seed oils, conditioning beeswax, and moisturizing vitamin E to keep lips hydrated and soft.
- DHC Lip Cream 2 pack is ultra-moisturizing lip balm infused with botanicals to hydrate, soothe and protect lips from everyday environmental stresses.
- Lip Cream nourishes and protects lips from environmental stress with botanical antioxidants as well as fighting vertical lines.
- Antioxidant-rich olive oil and soothing aloe provide relief to dry, chapped lips. Squalane helps prevent irritation and ginseng root extract boosts hydration for long-lasting softness.
- Item Package Length: 1.8cm
- Item Package Width: 2.6cm
- Item Package Height: 9.4cm
- O’Keeffe’s Lip Repair Lip Balm provides instant relief to extremely dry, cracked lips
- This unscented lip balm heals, relieves and repairs extremely dry, cracked lips
- All-day moisture in 1 use; Creates a multi-layer flexible barrier that moves with your lips to help keep dry, cracked lips protected
Buying Guide to Select the Best Lip Balms
In this guide, to choose the best lip balm, we now want to describe what are some of the main features, which we believe can help you in your choice. Since the market offers many variations, we will try to clarify the options currently available on the market.
Stick or Jar
A first aspect that we want to deepen concerns the format in which it is possible to find a lip balm. A first type is the classic one.
In stick: it is a small plastic cylinder, from which it is possible to extract the product, which is therefore quite dense. The advantage of this format is that it does not have to use your fingers to apply it and is, therefore, the most hygienic solution.
It is undoubtedly very practical to use and is suitable for many applications, even outside the home. A variant of the classic stick is that of the jar.
The balm, in this case, has a more fluid consistency and therefore requires the hands to be picked up and applied on the lips. The container can be made of glass or plastic and has a screwable lid to prevent it from spilling out once used.
It is less practical because it certainly requires more attention. Still, it is often more effective because its formulation is typically more vibrant and suitable for problems, which go beyond the pure sensation of having dry or slightly hydrated lips.
A second aspect that is certainly not new is that concerning the ingredients that make up the balm you want to buy. The base is usually a fatty component, such as cocoa or shea butter or in some cases also beeswax. To these are added oils and other ingredients that serve to make the compound more fluid and specific to your needs.
It is not unusual to find lip balms of entirely natural origin, contrary to what happens with products containing paraffin, preservatives or other chemical elements. Therefore, we also evaluate this aspect at the time of purchase and focus on the active ingredient that you think can best suit you.
The market offers different types that can vary from honey to vanilla or from fruit to mint.
Since this is such a varied product, it is essential to focus on a type that can truly meet your characteristics and needs. One of the reasons why you may feel the need for a lip balm is the damage caused by the cold.
During the winter season, it is not excluded that the lips may be fragile and prone to the formation of small wounds. In this case, it is better to opt for vibrant and nutritious formulations such as those based on oils and butter.
If, on the other hand, you want softer lips, perhaps plump and rosy, probably what you need is a moisturizing balm. The difference lies in the fact that this type is non-greasy and is, therefore, less full-bodied than a nutritious product and more suitable for night treatments.
The choice of the best lip balm must necessarily start from the ingredients that make it up. In this case, we are talking about a rather rich formulation in nutrients and with known repairing properties.
How to Choose a Lip Balm?
The percentage of components of natural origin is about 80% and does not contain parabens, chemicals that are useless for our purposes but often included in many similar products.
Don’t go ahead watch this great video before choosing a lip balm
The main ingredient is honey, known for its emollient properties and is accompanied with numerous other oils designed to intensify its nourishing action.
Among these, we want to list sunflower oil, rosehip oil and sweet almond oil, but also calendula oil. The addition of shea butter makes the texture soft and pleasant to the touch, while the addition of vitamin E helps the lips to regenerate more quickly following the damage often caused by the cold.
Finally, the grapefruit essence gives it a delightful smell, which makes this lip balm a real treat.
The Nuxe lip balm has a creamy consistency and is placed inside a jar of 15 ml capacity. For this reason, the application involves the use of the hands: take a small amount of product with your fingertips and tap or spread it on the lips.
The company recommends using it two or three times a day and abundant with the dose in the evening before going to sleep so that the oils contained can have a more significant effect.
Also perfect as a makeup base, this lip balm has one drawback; in fact, it is essential to make sure that your hands are clean before using them, so as not to contaminate the product and this is not always possible when you are away from home.
Users also note that its consistency leaves the fingers slightly sticky and that it is, therefore, necessary to wash your hands once applied: this is another of the reasons why its use is not always the easiest.
The use of this conditioner is particularly indicated if your lips are negatively affected by the effects of wind and cold. So let’s talk about cuticles, small wounds or redness and swelling typical of these problems.
The lip balm in question is undoubtedly useful for these purposes; the layer that is created, once applied, in fact, forms a real barrier with the outside. User opinions are positive in most cases; however, since it is such a varied and subjective problem, the intensity of the effects varies from person to person.